Good eating in Atlanta.

Brian Kevin
This topic is 2973 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Don Julio was available to buy, which is a rare tequila I get to enjoy. Aside from that they had home made salsa and queso which is something I rant and rave about on Facebook sometimes. I don't mind either way, but why have a restaurant if your not making it homemade.

1. Escorpion  

Website
Directions
3.948 Google reviews

$ · Mexican Restaurant · 0.2 mi

Upscale Mexican eatery has tacos, tequilas, an outdoor patio & Day of the Dead-themed decor.

Address: 800 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308

Phone:(678) 666-5198

Hours:

Open today · 11AM–11PM

Very gay friendly, lots of gay waiters and patrons. Not too in your face if you were being discreet still though, the music was set to a great volume. For the amount of food and the quality-- it was under priced

There's an Italian spot down the street I'm checking out, as well as BlueSpa-- I'll report back on both if they're worth reporting back about, haha!

Anyone else have any really good places you go to eat when you're in Atlanta?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Silver Skillet for awesome breakfast. Mary Mac's is great. What's that long established restaurant on Cheshire Bridge? The Collonade? or something? Really good home cooked food. Love to eat out when in Atlanta, then head for Swinging Richards. No place in the country like SR's. Wish I could go more.

Love to eat out when in Atlanta, then head for Swinging Richards. No place in the country like SR's. Wish I could go more.

+1. I plan to spend a couple of nights there in a few weeks. My wallet is already hurting, but it is sooooo fun! I hope they still have the massive VIP private rooms

I like Silver Skillet for awesome breakfast. Mary Mac's is great. What's that long established restaurant on Cheshire Bridge? The Collonade? or something? Really good home cooked food. Love to eat out when in Atlanta, then head for Swinging Richards. No place in the country like SR's. Wish I could go more.

The Silver Skillet is sooooooooo fucking good I HAD TO WATCH SOMEONE EAT A BISCUIT while I ate gluten free. Haha. Cough cough. I also got to eat with him again at "Eats" and I ate carbs so damn thankful and so bloated. Oh lord. Gladys knights for brunch tommrow, whose with me ?!

Omg I had a client at the hotel behinde the colondale last night we are dinner there, was not impressed menus sucked, waiters sucked. Food sucked. Great story. Behind the resurant and how old it is, it needs a reamp on the menu.

Isn't that so ironic I had a client there last night? I was telling Keith and couldn't remember the name, and then you just said it!

Gladys Nights Chicken and Waffles failed there food inspection last week, very low score it was big news topic last week. The highland bakery is good for breakfast if you can eat carbs, their stuff French toast is delicious! I like South City Kitchen(expensive), Adkins Park Tavern in Virginia Highlands , Nan's Thai (expensive) Fat Matts BBQ is fun Blue bands play at night and Mary Macs, but if you don't like southern cooking you may not like it.

I'm not much on Sushi-but a childhood friend is part owner of a pan-Asian restaurant called Steel (there's also one in the Uptown area of Dallas) and just opened up an Italian place called Princi Italia. I haven't been to Atlanta in years. And the few times I was there were only to change planes at the airport. So I can't vouch for the restaurants.

Gman

The Varsity ;)

That place is by the hotel I recently got a manager fired at. Her employee stole my security deposit, charged my CC and took a 50$ cash deposit, pocketed it. The manager called me a liar, and yelled at me in front of the whole staff and in front of the whole hotel in the lobby. I filed a report online with IHG hotels-- They just sent me a 2-night-master-suite stay at their hotel. Unfortunately I'm not going to use it this time, because I have to stay at that hotel to utilize it. As @Keith30309 knows I've been raising hell over this stupid 50$ since Saturday. I was ready to just let it all go, glad I didn't. She had no skills as a manager and I'm glad to see her out on her ass. I warned her if she didn't help me I'd be gunning for her job, and I sure did. My hotel room was 12 stories above the Varsity, it was a beautiful view to watch the Thunder storms!

God damn shitty managers. How does that happen though. I've managed 2 stores-- Hess Gas Station and Dunkin Donuts, anything I had a crazy customer (like i was acting over being stolen from) I sit down in private with them and offer to review the camera, she was acting like her cameras didn't work. Cooperate got the ball rolling and got me my 50$ back , the one thing I requested was a personal apology from the manager, they informed me they couldn't give me that because they're looking for a new manager to fill their newly open position. (IF I had not been hooking out their hotel I would be seeking employment at this hotel, especially since they just remodled it.)

just a reminder that butter is not for all meals and all 7 days.

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/5660fd6584307623008b752d/these-are-the-fattest-states-in-america.jpg

;):p

par·ty poop·er

noun

informal

1. a person who throws gloom over social enjoyment.
    "I hate to be a party pooper, but I've got to catch the last train"
    synonyms: killjoy, spoilsport, wet blanket, sourpuss, damper (on the fun)
    "don't be such a party pooper!"

• 1 month later...

Based on some recommendations on this site I tried Pittypats Porch earlier this week, Bones Steakhouse last night and Mary Mac's Tea Room tonight, all great places to eat, all very different, all extremely good food. Any other suggestions close to the downtown area? I have one more night to sample out :rolleyes:

Based on some recommendations on this site I tried Pittypats Porch earlier this week, Bones Steakhouse last night and Mary Mac's Tea Room tonight, all great places to eat, all very different, all extremely good food. Any other suggestions close to the downtown area? I have one more night to sample out :rolleyes:

Depends on whatcha like. :)

Call Bacchanalia and see if you can get in there. If you can't then go down the street to the Optimist.

Archived