On Being A Forum Follower?

Gar1eth
This topic is 3089 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I've noticed that we can choose to follow some of our Fellow Forumites. What exactly does this mean-other than choosing the option to follow someone? Does it, for example, alert you to all new posts by that person? Are there any other special perks of being a follower?

Gman

I've noticed that we can choose to follow some of our Fellow Forumites. What exactly does this mean-other than choosing the option to follow someone? Does it, for example, alert you to all new posts by that person? Are there any other special perks of being a follower?

Gman

I'm so glad you asked this question. I, too, wish to understand. A few of you are, so I was informed, "following me". I am flattered and gratified to learn this. I am at my most attractive when viewed from behind...(..I am a bottom....). So please follow me home, if that works for you, and let's meet face to face.... In Palm Springs, perhaps.

Gman

No special perks per se, other than you can instantly see under Members On Line those that you are following, but more importantly, following someone, allows me to manage my account, which makes the whole on-line chat process infinitely more enjoyable. Most members that I follow, I have either met or intend to meet in the future, and or communicate with frequently off site. Sort of a community within a community.

I think I have one or two....but not sure why anyone would follow me. I'm not particularly interesting.

But it makes your handsome icon show up on my profile page. ;)

I'm so glad you asked this question. I, too, wish to understand. A few of you are, so I was informed, "following me". I am flattered and gratified to learn this. I am at my most attractive when viewed from behind...(..I am a bottom....). So please follow me home, if that works for you, and let's meet face to face.... In Palm Springs, perhaps.

I'll be there with bells on, Glennn!!!

No special perks per se, but you can instantly see under Members On Line those that you are following, but more importantly, following someone, allows me to manage my account, which makes the whole on-line chat process infinitely more enjoyable.

I usually access the Forum on my phone. When I look at Members On Line, I don't think I receive any special notice of the individuals I'm following.

I'm not sure I understand BVB. How does following someone allow you to manage your account better?

Gman

Gman

I too wonder.

I've noticed that we can choose to follow some of our Fellow Forumites. What exactly does this mean

It means you're a stalker, pretty much. That's how it usually works out anyway.

The entire social media ecosphere is basically engineered to make stalking acceptable.

I must admit this isn't my first time being followed. Having lived in NYC, I've been followed in and out trains, at bars, on my way to the ATM....just like in those ocassions, I'd like to make it clear to followers and non-followers that I'm packin' ;)

Imma just bitemy tongue on that one :p

Hugs,

Greg

Archived