Hope For Paws rescues possible wolf hybrid

geminibear
This topic is 3056 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hope For Paws: This rescue is different from everything you have seen so far!!! Usually we rescue dogs, but this time, I am pretty sure that we rescued a wolf-hybrid!!

I posted the whole story with some amazing photos here:

https://www.flickr.com/pho…/eldad75/albums/72157663982924831

Five days ago, Yanie Aquino spotted JULIA walking on the streets of South Central... disoriented and clearly very sick.

First I got a text on the Hope For Paws emergency line, and then I got the call from my friend and founder of ART And Paws Animal Rescue who got the initial call about Julia. After the call I immediately asked Lisa Chiarelli to rush over and join me on this unique mission.

We had the most amazing luck to arrive at a very specific moment. Please click here to see and read how perfect was our timing:

https://www.flickr.com/pho…/eldad75/albums/72157663982924831

(please click on each one of the photos and see the story that goes along with it).

Julia is obviously still at the hospital, on I.V fluids, antibiotics, and pain killers. She has a long recovery ahead of her both physically and emotionally, but I am sure you can already tell how beautiful and majestic she is. Julia has special, calm, wise eyes... I don't know how to explain it, but it's something so special.

I am so excited to be able to share with you this beautiful transformation that is coming her way. I has been 5 days since her rescue and we can already see an improvement in her well being. I will of course keep you posted.

Please share her story so we can find her a very special home.

Thanks wink emoticon

Eldad - Hope for Paws

I feel an educational moment coming on.

There is a process by which a tissue-damaging stimulus (burn, knife cut, needle prick, pinch) is translated into neural input. This neural input is then transported to the thalamus (at least in the human brain).

This process is called nociception. It's a good word to put into your vocabulary.

In humans, once the neural input is received in the thalamus, it is sent to various parts of the brain, where emotional and other sensory input can modulate it.

Once it is further process, it is called pain.

Pain

An unpleasant sensory and emotional experience associated with actual or potential tissue damage, or described in terms of such damage.

Note:
The inability to communicate verbally does not negate the possibility that an individual is experiencing pain and is in need of appropriate pain-relieving treatment. Pain is always subjective. Each individual learns the application of the word through experiences related to injury in early life. Biologists recognize that those stimuli which cause pain are liable to damage tissue. Accordingly, pain is that experience we associate with actual or potential tissue damage. It is unquestionably a sensation in a part or parts of the body, but it is also always unpleasant and therefore also an emotional experience. Experiences which resemble pain but are not unpleasant, e.g., pricking, should not be called pain. Unpleasant abnormal experiences (dysesthesias) may also be pain but are not necessarily so because, subjectively, they may not have the usual sensory qualities of pain. Many people report pain in the absence of tissue damage or any likely pathophysiological cause; usually this happens for psychological reasons. There is usually no way to distinguish their experience from that due to tissue damage if we take the subjective report. If they regard their experience as pain, and if they report it in the same ways as pain caused by tissue damage, it should be accepted as pain. This definition avoids tying pain to the stimulus. Activity induced in the nociceptor and nociceptive pathways by a noxious stimulus is not pain, which is always a psychological state, even though we may well appreciate that pain most often has a proximate physical cause.

An organism's response to pain is suffering.

This Creature of God's Creation appears to be ill, but she doesn't really look in pain, nor to be suffering, which is a good sign. Then again, I'm not a veterinarian.

She is a beautiful creature and is lucky to have care for her. [Political comment of current non-availability of health care for many omitted]

Archived