POWERBALL NOW $1.3 BILLION FOR 01-13-16

BabyBoomer
This topic is 3050 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
UPDATE:

JACKPOT HAS INCREASED TO $1.4 BILLION.

~ BOOMER ~

1.5 or 1.6 by Wednesday? The amount is staggering. I can't see one person winning with this many people playing. It will be split. But whoever wins: take the money, change your name, and move to an Island. Friends, family, co-workers, anyone you might have even said one unkind word about in the past 40 years. They will come after you.

I saw a short analysis that the states involved changed the structure of PowerBall which resulted in higher jackpots (more rollovers) and higher odds (like 1 out of 300 million) because (primarily) people don't buy tickets as much when the jackpots are smaller. I buy one ticket figuring if its meant to be, it will happen. If I didn't, I'd wonder :)

My assistant showed me a website she uses today that tells you the lump sum value of any lotto prize available in NY state and the after tax amount. For tonight's PB, now at $1.5 billion, the cash lump sum after taxes (39.6% Federal; 8.82% NYS; 3.876% NYC) would be about $517 million. :eek:

I think I could manage on that. :cool:

Yeah, I got a quick pick on the way home. Fingers crossed and all that :rolleyes:

Archived