I like white dicks. Am i strange?

Steve9332
This topic is 3052 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am a big opponent of political correctness as I think it stifles free speech by putting a muzzle on speech that someone, somewhere might find offensive. I would rather know what someone really thinks that have them silenced by a self appointed arbiter of what is or isn't appropriate. Right now in the US, political correctness has run amuck. I actually think it was meant to imprison our personal tastes because someone might be offended by them.

"Political correctness" was invented as a concept in the 1980s by right-wing conservatives, who were losing the so-called culture wars (thanks to the successes of civil rights movements of all stripes). Social opprobrium against racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. is good, not bad. (Remember the racist shout out from a Congressman at Obama's first SOTU speech?) But conservatives framed it as a free speech censorship issue -- which it is not. There is no law against using the "n-word." There is only sharp social disdain, in it's largest sense, which there should be. What there is are laws against not hiring or not renting an apartment to someone based on their race, which is what right-wing conservatives are really objecting to. They invented political correctness as a supposedly severe social ill as a wedge with which to go after civil rights.

Challenge yourself to move beyond what you have been taught.

Question your racial assumptions.

Strive to find the the beauty in everyone.

Your world, and the world around you, will only be enhanced.

Right on, Josh!

This is excellent advise and is one way we can hope to evolve and progress as beings. It applies here and in society's dealings with women, homosexuals, the physically challenged, the mentally ill, and any other individuals who don't meet some standard of acceptability we have been taught. I'm a hippie, and this was a basic rule of how to be cool. I have tried to practice it consistently all my life and I have rarely regretted it.

A (vast) majority of gay men would insist that their sexual attraction to men is inborn and not a choice or preference. We gay men report that we cannot be sexually attracted to women and it's not a preference (I speak to the gay men who are 100% gay. I am fully aware of bisexuality and the gender attraction spectrum). Sexual attraction, or mis-attraction, where darker skin is a turn off is the result of a society where white skin is prized and dark skin penalized. There is simply a huge difference between "preference" and being "turned off" by dark skin. Preference is "I prefer thick crust pizza over thin crust pizza, but I still like pizza of any type ". That is very different than "I dont eat thin crust pizza, it's yucky".

What about "I prefer thick crust pizza over thin crust pizza, and since I'm always in control of that choice I always eat thick crust pizza?" I wouldn't bother to eat thin crust pizza because I have nothing to prove; neither I nor the people around me (nor the pizza itself) would benefit.

find a way to use yourself (your personal experience, not books or documentaries) as an instrument for the change you'd like to see

Dear Truereview,

Yes, I see your point. Thank you.

Ok, here goes...

In my late teens and early 20's, as I began to experience and accept my sexual orientation, I quickly realized what I liked and what I did not. And I discovered it was quite a narrow "type". Much to my surprise black men were definitely not on this list. All black men were crossed off despite having the occasional opportunity.

I'm not very proud of that last sentence.

Matter of fact, I'm sorta ashamed.

See, I came from an educated, liberal family that espoused men should not be judged by the color of their skin but the content of their color.

Maybe not as much as I thought...

But I was in college and at that age I questioned literally everything and everyone on everything. I could be such a pill sometimes. But I learned so much.

I quietly (I've never spoken about this to anyone, let alone written about it. Mostly out of shame I think) began to ask myself why I felt the way I did. I began to interact with more black men due life circumstances. As a "rational & logical" man of the world, I began to remind myself the only differences in the races in regard to skin color was how much melanin was there, a seemingly miniscule criteria. It was actually uncomfortable thinking about these issues because I knew on some level that I was being superficial, and possibly worse . Eventually, I actually began to actively tell myself to stop thinking such (racists) thoughts. This took work. And it was uncomfortable at times. But over a number of years, slowly my world became more familiar and smaller. And my comfort level with anything not on "the approved societal list" grew longer (be it sushi, sports, politics or dating black men).

And yes, over time I found myself being attracted to, fantasizing about, and having sex with Black men.

This was several decades ago and it is a relief they are gone albeit with some sadness that I ever harbored such thoughts.

As I look back on my formative childhood and adolescent years I really don't recall there being any images of Black men in media or anywhere else that promoted the the idea that Black men can be attractive or sexualized. Societal imprinting was all about Caucasians. I'm not surprised I felt the way I did. But I'm glad I don't any longer.

It's been an interesting journey.

It is my most sincere hope that all readers and participants in this forum understand I come with tremendous respect and admiration for its forum members when I ask if you only date white men, ask yourself why? Where does this come from? Is it logical? Did others inadvertently teach you this? Is this lesson helpful to you? Would you have more dating (and sexual ) opportunities with a broader list? Could you be missing the love of your life by rejecting all members of a particular race, specifically all Black men? If society did indeed teach you that, are you comfortable with internalizing these views without challenge?

Love and respect to all.

Dear Truereview,

Yes, I see your point. Thank you.

Ok, here goes...

In my late teens and early 20's, as I began to experience and accept my sexual orientation, I quickly realized what I liked and what I did not. And I discovered it was quite a narrow "type". Much to my surprise black men were definitely not on this list. All black men were crossed off despite having the occasional opportunity.

I'm not very proud of that last sentence.

Matter of fact, I'm sorta ashamed.

See, I came from an educated, liberal family that espoused men should not be judged by the color of their skin but the content of their color.

Maybe not as much as I thought...

But I was in college and at that age I questioned literally everything and everyone on everything. I could be such a pill sometimes. But I learned so much.

I quietly (I've never spoken about this to anyone, let alone written about it. Mostly out of shame I think) began to ask myself why I felt the way I did. I began to interact with more black men due life circumstances. As a "rational & logical" man of the world, I began to remind myself the only differences in the races in regard to skin color was how much melanin was there, a seemingly miniscule criteria. It was actually uncomfortable thinking about these issues because I knew on some level that I was being superficial, and possibly worse . Eventually, I actually began to actively tell myself to stop thinking such (racists) thoughts. This took work. And it was uncomfortable at times. But over a number of years, slowly my world became more familiar and smaller. And my comfort level with anything not on "the approved societal list" grew longer (be it sushi, sports, politics or dating black men).

And yes, over time I found myself being attracted to, fantasizing about, and having sex with Black men.

This was several decades ago and it is a relief they are gone albeit with some sadness that I ever harbored such thoughts.

As I look back on my formative childhood and adolescent years I really don't recall there being any images of Black men in media or anywhere else that promoted the the idea that Black men can be attractive or sexualized. Societal imprinting was all about Caucasians. I'm not surprised I felt the way I did. But I'm glad I don't any longer.

It's been an interesting journey.

It is my most sincere hope that all readers and participants in this forum understand I come with tremendous respect and admiration for its forum members when I ask if you only date white men, ask yourself why? Where does this come from? Is it logical? Did others inadvertently teach you this? Is this lesson helpful to you? Would you have more dating (and sexual ) opportunities with a broader list? Could you be missing the love of your life by rejecting all members of a particular race, specifically all Black men? If society did indeed teach you that, are you comfortable with internalizing these views without challenge?

Love and respect to all.

Thankful beyond belief you chose to write about it and shared your experience with us. thank you! :)

"

To insist that one should bed anyone without attraction to that person is beyond the pale.

That's just silly. Nobody has suggested, even those a little quick with the racist card, that one should make one's self available as a sex partner to all comers.

I appreciate and agree (to a point) with your comment, Mr Decatur Guy. Thank you.

However, the OP's comment sounds (sexually) racist.

I have thought long and hard about this over the many years and have come to the conclusion sexual racism not only truly exists and is a subcompartment of racism, but is present far more than most wish to believe.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

never have i seen someone being able to turn hormonal feelings into such a excellent compilation of rubbish!

What can you make out of me liking big butts over small? what kind of political incorrectness am I feeling there?

Or the fact that I like low hanging balls.... what subcompartment does that fit in?

Im simply trying to explore and understand what my hormones are telling me, and I can assure you that racism has never been a part of my life,

( didnt grow up here in the US )

anyway I like white dicks, cut or uncut, and I wont be ashamed of it! =)

the fact that I like low hanging balls.... what subcompartment does that fit in?

Off topic, but a lighter note is needed on this oh-so serious thread. Low hanging balls are sexy AF on young men, but a much maligned aspect of growing older. How many jokes have you heard about disguting low hangers on old dudes? Is that irony? Like Alanis Morissette, I've never had a good grasp of what is ironic and what is merely unfortunate. :confused:

"Political correctness" was invented as a concept in the 1980s by right-wing conservatives, who were losing the so-called culture wars (thanks to the successes of civil rights movements of all stripes). Social opprobrium against racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. is good, not bad. (Remember the racist shout out from a Congressman at Obama's first SOTU speech?) But conservatives framed it as a free speech censorship issue -- which it is not. There is no law against using the "n-word." There is only sharp social disdain, in it's largest sense, which there should be. What there is are laws against not hiring or not renting an apartment to someone based on their race, which is what right-wing conservatives are really objecting to. They invented political correctness as a supposedly severe social ill as a wedge with which to go after civil rights.

Perhaps you should gather your thoughts and do a little research before you post your opinion as fact in the future. I respectfully suggest you educate yourself on the complete history of the term "Political Correctness" by reading Wikipedia which I consider to be an agnostic source of information. While conservatives have and still do use the term "Political Correctness" to dismiss certain liberal ideas and ideology the history and current debate is far more interesting than that.

In 2012, Paul Krugman wrote that "the big threat to our discourse is right-wing political correctness, which – unlike the liberal version – has lots of power and money behind it. And the goal is very much the kind of thing Orwell tried to convey with his notion of Newspeak: to make it impossible to talk, and possibly even think, about ideas that challenge the established order." Krugman is of course correct in is assessment of the goal of political correctness. Where he falls flat is to suggest that liberal political correctness is superior to conservative correctness. In my opinion ALL political correctness is bad.

And exactly what was the "racist" shout out at Obama's "first" State Of The Union speech. Are you suggesting that Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito is a racist because he shook his head and mouthed the words "not true" when Obama slammed the Supreme Court over a decision he did not like? Saying something is "not true" is not racist.

Perhaps you are talking about the speech Obama made to a joint session of Congress in 2009, shortly after being elected, (not his first SOTU which was in 2010) during which Republican Congressman Joe Wilson shouted "You lie". Again, calling someone a liar is not racist. Was is a breach of decorum and downright rude? Yes. Was it racist? No.

The liberal PC crowd would like everyone to believe that a white person disagreeing with a black president is racist because it shuts down honest debate of opposing ideas. You don't like ObamaCare, well obviously, you're racist! You don't agree with Obama's tax policies, well obviously, you're racist? You believe the president has lied, well of course, you're racist.

Perhaps you should gather your thoughts and do a little research before you post your opinion as fact in the future. I respectfully suggest you educate yourself on the complete history of the term "Political Correctness" by reading Wikipedia which I consider to be an agnostic source of information. While conservatives have and still do use the term "Political Correctness" to dismiss certain liberal ideas and

ideology the history and current debate is far more interesting than that.

In 2012, Paul Krugman wrote that "the big threat to our discourse is right-wing political correctness, which – unlike the liberal version – has lots of power and money behind it. And the goal is very much the kind of thing Orwell tried to convey with his

notion of Newspeak: to make it impossible to talk, and possibly even think, about ideas that challenge the established order." Krugman is of course correct in is assessment of the goal of political correctness. Where he falls flat is to suggest that liberal political correctness is superior to conservative correctness. In my opinion ALL political correctness is bad.

And exactly what was the "racist" shout out at Obama's "first" State Of The Union speech. Are you suggesting that Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito is a racist because he shook his head and mouthed the words "not true" when Obama slammed the Supreme Court over a decision he did not like? Saying something is "not true" is not racist.

Perhaps you are talking about the speech Obama made to a joint session of Congress in 2009, shortly after being elected, (not his first SOTU which was in 2010) during which Republican Congressman Joe Wilson shouted "You lie". Again, calling someone a liar is not racist. Was is a breach of decorum and downright rude? Yes. Was it racist? No.

The liberal PC crowd would like everyone to believe that a white person disagreeing with a black president is racist because it shuts down honest debate of opposing ideas. You don't like ObamaCare, well obviously, you're racist! You don't agree with Obama's tax policies, well obviously, you're racist? You believe the president has lied, well of course, you're racist.

As a conservative, you are not to be expected to understand that it would not take Alito or Wilson

screaming the n-word at Obama to be evidence of their racism. Merely the shocking, virtually unprecedented disrespect they displayed at the SOTU address is enough. White supremacy in action, as surely as the Concerned Alumni of Princeton convening to try to keep out minorities and women (Alito was a member, though he told the Judiciary committee at his confirmation hearing that he couldn't recall the group). And no less than Jimmy Carter called out Wilson's obvious racism in his disgusting "you lie" performance, which you ludicrously frame as some sort of difference of opinion. How pathetic.

And Krugman? Please. He's pointing to political conformity on both sides of the aisle, a truism, and to the fact that conservatives such as you don't even recognize their right-wing politically correct commitments. In the fever swamps of the right, it is never about race -- even when it is.

Archived