STAR WARS

jackjackjack
This topic is 3056 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw the new Star Wars movie last Sunday. Went with the family and my trainer joined us.

Then he borrowed my DVDs to watch the six films before we see the new movie again.

And today he told me that the prequels (I - III) are better than the original films (IV - VI). :eek:

So now I have to find a new trainer. Worst Christmas ever. :(

Saw the new Star Wars movie last Sunday. Went with the family and my trainer joined us.

Then he borrowed my DVDs to watch the six films before we see the new movie again.

And today he told me that the prequels (I - III) are better than the original films (IV - VI). :eek:

Poor thing. Maybe your trainer needs shock therapy. . :)

He likes Jar Jar!!!!!!??? I'm not a violent person, I'm an upbeat person, not a negative person (in more ways than one), always look on the bright side, but with your trainer, dump his ass....

:)

But his ass is one of his finest qualities. Soooooo fine!

Too bad he's straight and thirty years younger than me. :D

LMAO. Anyone who thinks the "prequels" are even passable should be slapped. Really hard. They are godawful and show what a filmmaking waste that George Lucas really was.

Call me superficial but all I could think of while watching it was: with all the very good looking, attractive, and fit black actors in Hollywood (Michael B. Jordan, Chadwick Boseman, many others) was this really the best they could come up with for their young leading man?

My thoughts exactly.

Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back were fantastic. Jedi was "a bunch of muppets". And the 3 movies afterward were lifeless. And I don't particularly like (sorry for the split infinitive) JJ Abs. All that said, I have tickets to see Star Wars 7 Saturday. What the fuck is wrong with me?

I happen to like the Ewoks thank you very much. Just you wait. A dark jedi ewok will come along and force lightning you:)

For the men's rights activists' perspective on Star Wars:The Force Awakens, which I have not seen and probably won't see:

http://www.returnofkings.com/76356/star-wars-lost-4-2-million-because-of-our-reporting-that-identified-it-as-sjw-propaganda?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Read and laugh! Btw, #nottheonion - this is totally serious. The same site probably trashed this year's Mad Max movie - which I also have not seen - for the same reason.

(SJW means social justice warriors. Based on my Twitter TL, I would be considered an SJW. As Carrie Fisher said recently in a slightly different context, they can blow me.)

Context in which Carrie Fisher said "blow me": criticism of her weight, looks, and whether she's aged well - primarily from men.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/12/30/carrie-fisher-strikes-back-at-haters-youthbeautyrnot-accomplishments/?tid=pm_pop_b

Actually, she said "blow us"; here's the quote:

Please stop debating about whetherOR not I aged well.unfortunately it hurts all3 of my feelings.My BODY hasnt aged as well as I have.Blow us

Arclight Cinemas announced in a statement Tuesday that they upgraded the Cinerama Dome with dual-head Christie 6P laser projectors and Dolby 3D, which can project more than double the light of an average 3D projection system, just in time for “Star Wars.”

I've read on other tech sites that if you have a chance.. maybe in a larger city... to see Star Wars... that a theatre equipped with the type of projectors listed above, is the ultimate viewing for the movie.

it's pretty funny because the arclight dome had a major f-up with the new equipment and the movie stopped near the beginning of the movie...only for a few seconds. when they got it working again, somehow it jumped to one of the climatic scenes at the end of the movie which kind of ruined the movie for many people. the audience went completely bonkers. the news had some pretty funny videos of people shouting and I am not joking her CRYING because the movie was ruined.

I saw the movie it was great. not as great as mad max but pretty great. but I can't understand the crying

.....it's just a movie. it's like the people that riot after a sports team wins. never understood that. the fans didn't actually do anything. they weren't playing, why are they so excited that they have to burn the MOFO city down? I am a huge SF Giants fan I must point out, but I have yet to riot when the won the World Series.

Context in which Carrie Fisher said "blow me": criticism of her weight, looks, and whether she's aged well - primarily from men.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/12/30/carrie-fisher-strikes-back-at-haters-youthbeautyrnot-accomplishments/?tid=pm_pop_b

Actually, she said "blow us"; here's the quote:

Please stop debating about whetherOR not I aged well.unfortunately it hurts all3 of my feelings.My BODY hasnt aged as well as I have.Blow us

She also tweeted this which I loved:

My body is my brain bag, it hauls me around to those places & in front of faces where theres something to say or see

CXYh9E6UEAAKsNV.jpg

Archived