STAR WARS

jackjackjack
This topic is 3066 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back were fantastic. Jedi was "a bunch of muppets". And the 3 movies afterward were lifeless. And I don't particularly like (sorry for the split infinitive) JJ Abs. All that said, I have tickets to see Star Wars 7 Saturday. What the fuck is wrong with me?

I think most of us are in agreement that Episodes 1, 2, 3 were very difficult to watch and almost destroyed the franchise. But from what we're hearing, I hope you enjoy the ride with 'The Force......'

Rod, don't know if you saw my earlier post on this topic, but if you have tickets to the Arclight, you'll see the movie at its finest.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back were fantastic. Jedi was "a bunch of muppets". And the 3 movies afterward were lifeless. And I don't particularly like (sorry for the split infinitive) JJ Abs. All that said, I have tickets to see Star Wars 7 Saturday. What the fuck is wrong with me?

I liked The Return of the Jedi better than you did, but otherwise, spot on. And I had to take a bunch of kids to the movies to see the second or third prequel! (Venue/choice of activity the birthday girl's idea, not mine.)

I liked The Return of the Jedi better than you did, but otherwise, spot on. And I had to take a bunch of kids to the movies to see the second or third prequel! (Venue/choice of activity the birthday girl's idea, not mine.)

I still have "Revenge of the Jedi" posters and buttons that a friend who was running a movie theater back then gave me. I wonder if they're worth anything considering the title change?

I thought "Force" was okay. Nothing special. Senior Citizen Jedis are kinda funny. The lead actor was a real yawn. These aren't my kinda movies.

I agree. BROOKYN is terrific. Absolutely loved it.

Well! No spoilers, but suffice to say it's wonderful to have the franchise back in the hands of people who still know how to make movies.

That's great! Glad you had fun Adam. I am hoping the same about the franchise..... Can't wait till I see it.

' Live long and....... ' . oops, wrong franchise... hahaha

Mark Zuckerberg's daughter and dog's are fans of Star wars.

http://cdn04.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/headlines/2015/12/mark-zuckerberg-dresses-daughter-in-star-wars-costume.jpg

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/c4cf26475758cf28eabccdd67f327bf14c78717b/c=54-0-905-640&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/2015/12/18/USATODAY/USATODAY/635860489163656675-beast.jpg

http://www.treksinscifi.com/trekdaily/pictures/2012-12-24_picardxmas.jpg

Many years ago, on the island Manhattan, I saw Patrick Stewart in "Hamlet". It happened to be just weeks after we'd seen Capt. Picard captive of the evil Cardassians.

It took EVERY OUNCE OF WILLPOWER not to shout "HOW MANY LIGHTS ARE THERE?" in the middle of "Hamlet".

Many years ago, on the island Manhattan, I saw Patrick Stewart in "Hamlet". It happened to be just weeks after we'd seen Capt. Picard captive of the evil Cardassians.

It took EVERY OUNCE OF WILLPOWER not to shout "HOW MANY LIGHTS ARE THERE?" in the middle of "Hamlet".

Are you sure Picard was captured by the Cardassians? Maybe it was the Kardashians.

Sorry, i had to. ;)

Archived