Nudity on Cable TV

calrichmond
This topic is 3090 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Now that "American Horror Story" shows male butts on TV, and HBO has been showing full frontal female nudity for years, when will the final frontier, full frontal male nudity, happen? I don't mean a quick shot, but the same kind of exposure they've been doing with women for years?

Could it be that full frontal male nudity would show the "short comings" of male actors? Are they the reason we don't see more dick on TV?

I remember the uproar when nudity happened for the first time on Broadway ("Oh Calcutta", "Hair", etc.), but it became more accepted and we got to see Daniel Radcliff nude on Broadway.

I realize women have an advantage with breast enlargement. Unfortunately there isn't a surgery to make a penis larger or thicker.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realize women have an advantage with breast enlargement. Unfortunately there isn't a surgery to make a penis larger or thicker.

You are onto something here....maybe, some time in the near future, we will finally have an Emmy category for fluffers?

I'd volunteer to help out Justin Theroux from HBOs the leftovers! :)

Could it be that full frontal male nudity would show the "short comings" of male actors? ...Unfortunately there isn't a surgery to make a penis larger or thicker.

Could not those magicians in the movie make-up departments could come up with some sort of prosthesis to cover this situation?

I had a book about 20 years ago that cataloged nudity in films. They had much stricter standards for females getting in the book because female nudity was so common. If a guy showed ANYTHING, he had a listing.

So did I! In fact it's still in a box in the basement somewhere. Pretty sure the one I had was the original edition of this one:

Movie Buff Checklist: A History of Male Nudity in the Movies 3rd Edition

http://www.amazon.com/Movie-Buff-Checklist-History-Nudity/dp/096237251X

I wish we'd get to the point that young buff actors just accept that they are going to have to show dick on camera just the way young pretty actresses know they have to show boobs. It's just part of the job. But we're so far from it. Even movies supposedly about naked men like Magic Mike 1 & 2 don't show much if any dick.

And why is it always the ugly actors who seem most willing to bare all? I guess it's the nude beach rule: the people you are most likely to see on a nude beach are the people you are least likely to want to see nude.

I wish we'd get to the point that young buff actors just accept that they are going to have to show dick on camera just the way young pretty actresses know they have to show boobs. It's just part of the job. But we're so far from it. Even movies supposedly about naked men like Magic Mike 1 & 2 don't show much if any dick.
This. When I was watching "Masters of Sex", the second a new female character was introduced my ex and I would guess how long it would be before she'd get her boobs out in the show. But as for male nudity... Not even bare butts were to be seen (and if they were in the shot, it'd be in very low light).

Now that "American Horror Story" shows male butts on TV, and HBO has been showing full frontal female nudity for years, when will the final frontier, full frontal male nudity, happen? I don't mean a quick shot, but the same kind of exposure they've been doing with women for years?

Could it be that full frontal male nudity would show the "short comings" of male actors? Are they the reason we don't see more dick on TV?

I remember the uproar when nudity happened for the first time on Broadway ("Oh Calcutta", "Hair", etc.), but it became more accepted and we got to see Daniel Radcliff nude on Broadway.

And then there was the startling film, "don't look now" with Julie Christy and Donald Sutherland where they show penis, ass and fucking~ 197-nothing~

Quite erotic though and, (for that scene alone), not to be missed~

Tyger~

tygerkink@yahoo.com

http://www.daddysreviews.com/venue/usa/oregon/tyger_portland

http://rentmen.com/AAATygerscentXXX

http://m.men4rentnow.com/profile.cfm?CID=114061

I believe there has been male full frontal on Game of Thrones.

There has, but not much. They showed Hodor naked after he was swimming (quite impressive), Alfie Allen (Theon Greyjoy, Reek) after having sex, and one of the guys in Littlefinger's brothel in a three-way with Oberyn Martell. Emilia Clarke mentioned in an interview that after doing lots of nudity in season one, she's not doing any more.

So did I! In fact it's still in a box in the basement somewhere. Pretty sure the one I had was the original edition of this one:

Movie Buff Checklist: A History of Male Nudity in the Movies 3rd Edition

http://www.amazon.com/Movie-Buff-Checklist-History-Nudity/dp/096237251X

That's it, I remember it was put out by Campfire Video. I had the edition that had sections on both male & female nudity.

There has, but not much. They showed Hodor naked after he was swimming (quite impressive), Alfie Allen (Theon Greyjoy, Reek) after having sex, and one of the guys in Littlefinger's brothel in a three-way with Oberyn Martell. Emilia Clarke mentioned in an interview that after doing lots of nudity in season one, she's not doing any more.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2hmktewZb1rtf01no1_400.gif

http://www.johnnymurdoc.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/game-of-thrones1x05-04.jpg

I wish we'd get to the point that young buff actors just accept that they are going to have to show dick on camera just the way young pretty actresses know they have to show boobs. It's just part of the job. .

Not until more women are in charge of what movies get made. Right now it's mostly men, and THEY don't wanna see penis.

You know, I have HBO, and I have yet been able to sit through an entire episode of game of thrones.

That's another pet peeve of mine: what little male nudity there is always seems to be stuck deep in the most dark and violent shows. I'd never watch GOT.

Casual, a new comedy on HULU, has been a pleasant exception. It's not a great show (IMHO) but I have enjoyed the frequent exposure of Tommy Dewey's tush (no dick seen yet):

http://www.omgblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Tommy_Dewey_Casual1x03_03-500x281.jpg

You need to get out more. There's been full frontal all over the place for a while. "Outlander" had several episodes of full frontal male nude -- including sodomy rape -- last season. That new show about ballet -- the name of which escapes me now -- had a full frontal scene just the other night.

And, of course, we had Michael Fassbaender in that film two or three years ago where he had several full frontal nude scenes. As George Clooney said at the time "we'd all be doing full frontal nude scenes if we had what Michael Fassbaender has."

You know, I have HBO, and I have yet been able to sit through an entire episode of game of thrones.

That's amazing. While I feel the show is incredibly boring at times with so many different uninteresting storylines, it is also one of the most compelling things on television in some ways. The production values are unbelievable for a TV show.

Archived