Annual Forum Event In DC - Is There Going To Be One For 2016??

JDXXX
This topic is 3089 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This event is going to happen this year! I am working on organizing details. I am thinking sometime in the afternoon on Saturday the 16 in Dupont Circle.

All details should be finalized in the next two weeks.

Hey handsome Evan.......have any decisions been made? Day/time of the lunch/supper meeting?

My schedule is looking good to join the group.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I PM'd Evan about the date a day or two ago because changing the day of the lunch affects everything else like dominos. Then you get people stressing over whether a trip to Secrets will be arranged or a meet up at the Eagle, which hadn't yet reopened after moving last year.

Heaven only knows you all (I mean guys, not gays) flail over this social planning thing. It's like the workplace where the lawyers there when I started - all men - went out to lunch every Friday. (Not the boss, thankfully.) Being stand-up guys, I was included.

They could never make their minds up in advance which restaurant they wanted to go to. That decision was always made at the intersection of the street our building was on with the main drag where most of the restaurants were. *forever shaking my head*

Hoping to be there, but I'm also trying to work in my annual trip to DC to see friends I met through LiveJournal. For various reasons, I didn't do that this summer. I can't do that as effectively until I know what we're doing when.

I'll go if Enough people attend on a few Conditions:

1.Someones willing to go Clubbing with me one of the nights...I'm Addicted to a Stage and Music.(That is if Its not a "Thing" to go as a Group)...And I dont do Bathhouses(Sorry!)

2. I'm not staying in the Ghetto;)

I've never been to DC so am sure this would be Fun...Only thing is I'm a Stickler(However You spell it) for Good Restaurants/Hotels/Area/Bar Scenes...and have Absolutely no clue where to go!

Hopefully this is a Classy event...with the occasional Twerking

http://cdn3.hiphopmyway.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/twerk.gif

1.Someones willing to go Clubbing with me one of the nights...I'm Addicted to a Stage and Music.(That is if Its not a "Thing" to go as a Group)...And I dont do Bathhouses(Sorry!)

I've never been to DC so am sure this would be Fun...Only thing is I'm a Stickler(However You spell it) for Good Restaurants/Hotels/Area/Bar Scenes...and have Absolutely no clue where to go!

http://cdn3.hiphopmyway.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/twerk.gif

Lawd have mercy. Rookies! Yes, we'll hold your hand during the traumatic events sure to occur. :p

Oh and the twerk gif has some highrises of Atlanta in the background. Hmmmmm..........

Oh sure... you possibly come to DC, when I'll be else where and can't attend. :p

TEASE!!!! LOL!

The first DC Forum luncheon IC attended had four people including me. Hope we can at least get that many for this meetup. :)

The first luncheon had 9 attendees: NYTomCat, Hoover42, ArVAGuy, Countryboywny, Poolboy (from Annapolis), LeighBessToad, Legendary Dave, Brandon Michael Williams, and I can't remember the 9th. The second luncheon had 22 attendees. The 3rd luncheon had 32 attendees and the 4th had 52.

The first luncheon had 9 attendees: NYTomCat, Hoover42, ArVAGuy, Countryboywny, Poolboy (from Annapolis), LeighBessToad, Legendary Dave, Brandon Michael Williams, and I can't remember the 9th. The second luncheon had 22 attendees. The 3rd luncheon had 32 attendees and the 4th had 52.

Sorry guess I wasn't clear.

There were luncheons that happened long before the first "Official DC Forum Luncheon" and I meant those.

I've been on this board since 1996! Yikes. :)

I think Saturday is far better then a going out sat evening . Secrets is a riot! I live right in the middle of DUPONT/ LOGAN so if anyone has any hotel or restaurant questions feel free to PM me. I am new in DC but I work in these hotels daily so getting to know them rapidly. new rentmen address: www.rentmen.com/magicmikeydc also check out my new daddys review added 12/11/15!!!!

Archived