Goodbye, for now.

Chris Eisenhower
This topic is 2547 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's great to hear. Work hard in therapy - as a veteran of two spine surgeries, I can tell you that you won't be sorry if you give rehab everything you've got.

I cannot agree more. With my first hip replacement I had "okay" physical therapy ... what did I know? They said I couldn't do lunges, because my knee had too much crepitation. So they cut it short.

I am now going through PT for my ® hip replacement, and to work and improve the (L) [which was the first one]. It's very odd having someone who knows what the hell he's doing working with me, as opposed to someone just kind of moving joints. So, if you can, do your research and get the best physical therapist you can.

AND DO YOUR EXCERCISES. I've cancelled one (1) PT appointment, and that was for food poisoning.

So, to paraphrase Rudy: "You'll be sorry if you don't give rehab everything you've got."

Sorry for being forceful.

That's great to hear. Work hard in therapy - as a veteran of two spine surgeries, I can tell you that you won't be sorry if you give rehab everything you've got.

I cannot agree more. With my first hip replacement I had "okay" physical therapy ... what did I know? They said I couldn't do lunges, because my knee had too much crepitation. So they cut it short.

I am now going through PT for my ® hip replacement, and to work and improve the (L) [which was the first one]. It's very odd having someone who knows what the hell he's doing working with me, as opposed to someone just kind of moving joints. So, if you can, do your research and get the best physical therapist you can.

AND DO YOUR EXCERCISES. I've cancelled one (1) PT appointment, and that was for food poisoning.

So, to paraphrase Rudy: "You'll be sorry if you don't give rehab everything you've got."

My second procedure was an L4-S1 fusion - three vertebrae. People who have multi-level fusion procedures often just learn to live with pain full-time and accept the fact that they're going to be on opiates more or less lifelong. I wasn't willing to do that. I wasn't going to settle for anything less than feeling like I had never had surgery. It took three years of constant work, but I did it. I'm pain-free. I found physical therapists nearly useless. I did better designing my own rehab program. I also have to give credit where credit is due. I had an extraordinary surgeon.

Even now, I experience continued improvement in range of motion and flexibility. I haven't needed opiates since about 5 weeks after the procedure.

My second procedure was an L4-S1 fusion - three vertebrae. People who have multi-level fusion procedures often just learn to live with pain full-time and accept the fact that they're going to be on opiates more or less lifelong. I wasn't willing to do that. I wasn't going to settle for anything less than feeling like I had never had surgery. It took three years of constant work, but I did it. I'm pain-free. I found physical therapists nearly useless. I did better designing my own rehab program. I also have to give credit where credit is due. I had an extraordinary surgeon.

Even now, I experience continued improvement in range of motion and flexibility. I haven't needed opiates since about 5 weeks after the procedure.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
PART of on testicle? never heard of that - I had one entire testicle removed when I was in my early 30s -- cancer --

I had a number of cysts removed, so yes, I'm missing parts of both testicles. I had prostate cancer... we did the first two surgeries cause I was in pain and the prostate cyst was alone removed.

Archived