Is Sunday not the most depressing day of the week?

Mocha
This topic is 3135 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm Glad (well, not glad...but you know what I mean) to know this isn't just me then.

I do believe though that Sunday is the sabbath, and it's a day of rest (not the beer busts and drinking that's become so common on the scene). So in the spiritual context, it shouldn't be seen as depressing.

However, so far though...my past couple Sunday's have still been kinda drab feeling. I had 2 clients request me the Sunday after Halloween, but I was out of town. I think I'm just coming to the realization that being alone on family day is something I need to change. thanks for all the suggestions!

In my 20's, I had a tight circle of friends. We got together almost every weekend for many years and partied together. Nothing heavy duty. One in the group, who often was quite fun to be around, grew more and more needy as the years passed. She slowly sunk into depression and refused to get help. And then her neediness turned into outright selfish behavior. Everything and anything was always viewed from her perspective only, and she played the victim every chance she could. No one who once loved her could tolerate being around her anymore.

One by one the group tired of her and left her out. She struggled painfully to understand why. I was the last to let her go, and that only happened when she pushed me too far. Her depression did not permit her to see the damage it had caused and was causing.

Depression is a painful disease that often develops slowly, and it has the power to destroy. Depression can be treated, and treated successfully, but no one, not a single friend or family member can do it for you. Only you can make the decision to save yourself by determining that your life is worth saving. But as you ponder that last sentence, keep in mind that depression plays with your mind. This disease has the power to convince you that you lack self-esteem, and your depressed mind will tell you that it's impossible to get it back.

Identifying depression should be easy. If you find yourself feeling sullen, bored, and seriously unmotivated, and you decide to sleep away the hours to kill time, and these feelings last for an extended period of time, or you've started to designate days, then you have your first sign. A breath of fresh air or a movie outing will have no effect on treating depression.

Life is far too rich to ever feel bored or lonely. You can always find people who are struggling more than you. The choices one can make to improve quality of life are endless. But if depression zaps your mind and kills your motivation, you're not going to feel like doing anything until you seek treatment or it's too late.

Archived