Anyone know what happened to Barnaby Gil?

TruHart1
This topic is 3151 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Mr. Gil seemed to be a very active poster for a while here but I have not seen any posts from him for quite some time. The threads which he created have his original post edited to show only a "?" although further down the thread, a quote will indicate what his original post was! Has he been banished by the PTB or did he remove all the posts he made during his time on the forum himself? It's almost as if he never existed now! If I try to go to his profile page, I get the following statement:

Daddy's Message Forum - Error

This member limits who may view their full profile.

It sounds as though any forum member has the ability to block other members from viewing their profile. Still, with no new posts and the complete removal of all previous posts by Mr. Gil, it just piques my curiosity.

TruHart1 :cool:

Did he mention a sudden need for some discretion on the home front? Thus possibly a reason he would have deleted his content here? (Or was that someone else?)

well, there was that guy about a year or two ago who very quickly covered his tracks here when he said he thought (?) his teen daughter had checked out his laptop and might (?) have found stuff....forget his username just now, but he seemed pretty cool

Barnaby, of course, was here much more recently.....he made sorta quirky posts and I don't know if he was BSing us or not????......

Did he mention a sudden need for some discretion on the home front? Thus possibly a reason he would have deleted his content here? (Or was that someone else?)

Hmm...I don't remember anything about that recently but I admit that I might have missed seeing that particular post from Mr. Gil. It would indeed be a logical reason to expunge oneself and one's posts from the forum.

Hmm...I don't remember anything about that recently but I admit that I might have missed seeing that particular post from Mr. Gil. It would indeed be a logical reason to expunge oneself and one's posts from the forum.

Barnaby asked about how one goes about deactivating their account in JDXXX thread on what happened to Chris W. That thread was on 07/12, by 07/14 all posts by Barnaby were gone.

~ Boomer ~

Barnaby asked about how one goes about deactivating their account in JDXXX thread on what happened to Chris W. That thread was on 07/12, by 07/14 all posts by Barnaby were gone.

~ Boomer ~

The thing I really love about this forum is that all you have to do is ask a question and someone, like that most knowledgeable member BabyBoomer, will have a much better memory than I ever could (since I'm definitely among the senior contingent here! o_O) and answer the question definitively! Thank you so much for your quick and enlightening response, Boomer!!! :):):) I actually do remember this happening, and on that thread, now, even though there is no record left of Mr. Gil's post there.

Guest Starbuck
...there was that guy about a year or two ago who very quickly covered his tracks here when he said he thought (?) his teen daughter had checked out his laptop and might (?) have found stuff....forget his username just now, but he seemed pretty cool.....

Interesting that this thread prompted azdr's memory about the poster who went by the name of "verymarried" and had the panic about his teenage daughter discovering his secret back in 2013 ...

http://www.companyofmen.org/threads/i-think-my-teen-has-been-seraching-my-computer.95865/

...his status was soon thereafter changed to "GUEST," but I have thought of him since because, for a while, I kinda/sorta suspected that another poster WAS him, but I never became fully convinced, and it's entirely possible that I was wrong.

Ah, well, as Dorothy noticed on her way to Oz, "People come and go so quickly here!"

Interesting that this thread prompted azdr's memory about the poster who went by the name of "verymarried" and had the panic about his teenage daughter discovering his secret back in 2013 ...

http://www.companyofmen.org/threads/i-think-my-teen-has-been-seraching-my-computer.95865/

...his status was soon thereafter changed to "GUEST," but I have thought of him since because, for a while, I kinda/sorta suspected that another poster WAS him, but I never became fully convinced, and it's entirely possible that I was wrong.

Ah, well, as Dorothy noticed on her way to Oz, "People come and go so quickly here!"

An just like Oz you cannot believe the man behind the curtain and the people you know here are not the people you know in the real world yet they are. Yes Daddy's is Oz like in many ways. And not because there are many friends of Dorothy.

Mr. Gil seemed to be a very active poster for a while here but I have not seen any posts from him for quite some time. The threads which he created have his original post edited to show only a "?" although further down the thread, a quote will indicate what his original post was! Has he been banished by the PTB or did he remove all the posts he made during his time on the forum himself? It's almost as if he never existed now! If I try to go to his profile page, I get the following statement:

It sounds as though any forum member has the ability to block other members from viewing their profile. Still, with no new posts and the complete removal of all previous posts by Mr. Gil, it just piques my curiosity.

I wasn't sure about 'PTB' at first. Then I realized it meant 'Powers That Be.'

An just like Oz you cannot believe the man behind the curtain and the people you know here are not the people you know in the real world yet they are. Yes Daddy's is Oz like in many ways. And not because there are many friends of Dorothy.

Aside from not actually being green, I think I'm at least 90% real on here with only a few facts withheld due to my own embarrassment. In fact I might be more real on here than anywhere else. I can't really think of anyone off the Forum (except for a penpal I gained through the MSS Forum) that knows that I used to hire on a routine basis.

Gman

I wondered about the how his posts all resolved to "?", so I am glad you asked the question. Since he was always talking about 'Ritz Carlton' or private plane, I was afraid either Brody Sinclair or the IRS latched on to him :eek:

• 1 month later...

the more someone brags about anything in this forum the less likely to the true in their real life...

I wondered about the how his posts all resolved to "?", so I am glad you asked the question. Since he was always talking about 'Ritz Carlton' or private plane, I was afraid either Brody Sinclair or the IRS latched on to him :eek:

Archived