Airline Loyalty (or not)

mike carey
This topic is 3215 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Have you had any experience with ANZ? We're flying them for the first time next month, from LAX to London.

I have but so long ago that it doesn't bear any relationship with today's Air New Zealand. (It was with NAC, the NZ domestic airline that was merged into the now ANZ.) Everything I have heard is that they are very good. I would be surprised if it were not better than any of the US airlines on long haul routes like LAX-LHR.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FYI. I do fly Delta quite a bit (as recently as a few days ago) and am happy with their FF program. Their service onboard and ease of of using / booking a flight with FF points is very simple online. In addition, over the last year, their on-time arrivals (for my flights) have been better than my UA or AA flights over the same period.

Doug

Agreed. I was "based" out of Chicago for a long time. I hated UNTIED [sic] so I flew AA. was GOOD … twenty years ago. Then the second part of a "direct " flight, BOS-DFW-TUS got cancelled, and my "first class" ticket got me re-seated in 35E. Goodbye, AMerican.

My flying habits changed, and Delta became a much more useful airline. Also, the frequent flier miles were good with Amex. For my money, they are the best carrier in the US, Perhaps save Virgin America, which I am loathe to try since their first-class "hard product" is antiquated.

After all, I am Built for Comfort, Not for Speed.

Mike - rail is a. Great way to see any country! Just remember that AMTRAK isn't the greatest system in the world, although my comparison would be a day train, Melbourne to Sydney, in First Class in 1990, so I really have no idea what I'm talking about, as usual.

Also remember: the USA is about the size of Australia, and (particularly in the west) the distances can be HUGE.

Been living in SYD for 40 years and was an avid UA customer till they started that four abreast in business class and forward and backward seating. QF as always more expensive.

Made a novena of thanksgiving when DL started flying with their 1-2-1 seating. Been flying them for five years and no complaints except that food service is a bit rushed.

Took Virgin Australia back once because of a code share. Much younger staff and very congenial. As soon as they go 1-2-1, will try them again. And it will be interesting to see what AA does.

Much more opportunities with the increased competition.

Incidentally, had a chance to take Delta One LAX-JFK. Was magnificent.

Also remember: the USA is about the size of Australia, and (particularly in the west) the distances can be HUGE.

Thanks Sir G. I've driven a bit around the US, years ago did a road trip from Omaha to DC, in the 55mph days. There are some rail trips I'd like to do (eg. in the Rockies), but so far I've only done NE corridor and SD-LA. Open to others because they can be such great trips (and I know Amtrak ain't Europe!).

I finally got off my arse and ordered a new passport. Took me so long and it was so simple:

1. Log onto Passport Office web site.

2. Enter name and passport number on e-form.

3. Print personalised/validated renewal form.

4. Take form and old passport to Post Office.

5. Have photos taken, pay money, wait for new passport to be mailed out.

Archived