crystal meth

Lankypeters
This topic is 3246 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Two working guys I've seen recently have had skin so warm to the touch I might have thought they had fevers, though they had no other signs of any illness. Might this be an indication of crystal meth? One of these guys, whom I've seen several times, always uses the bathroom as soon as he arrives. While he's in there, I never hear any flushing, or other indications that he's using the john for its usual purposes. Perhaps these behaviors and symptoms aren't enough to go on, but a curious mind wants to know....

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lanky,

See list below: there are 4 physical symptoms that are specific to crystal meth abusers.

10 Common Meth Addiction Symptoms

Crystal meth has become the drug of choice for many addicts and it leave a wake of destroyed lives in its path.

Methamphetamine, is also known as crystal meth. There are many different meth addiction symptoms that you should look out for when you suspect that someone you care about may be using the drug. Meth is a manufactured drug that has become more popular and very addicting.

According to the Illinois Attorney General, Meth can cause extensive damage to the human body, including eat away at the brain, memory loss and loss of other motor skills. If you believe that you or your loved one is experiencing meth addiction symptoms, it is important to get the courage and get the help that is needed.

1. Weight loss

One of the most common meth addiction symptoms that an addict may have will be weight loss. Meth addicts will have no appetite. It is common to see a large weight loss in a very short amount of time when a person is addicted to meth.

2. Eye Twitching

Meth addicts can experience different body reactions to meth. One of the most common body reactions is eye twitching. Their eyes will twitch several times every minute and this is something that won’t be able to control until they have completely detoxed off of the drug.

3. Mood Changes

While there are many different psychological disorders that can cause mood changes, meth addicts will also experience them. High doses of meth can cause permanent depression for some addicts.

4. Repetitious Behavior

Repetitious behavior is another one of the meth addiction symptoms that can be experienced. They will often want to take things apart and put them back together, exercise excessively or find other repetitive projects to do. They will not be aware of their surrounding when they have dealing with these behaviors.

5. Hyperactivity

Hyperactivity can be a symptom that can be hard to detect if the person was very hyperactive before they started using the drug. When a meth addict gets their high they may become very hyper and can’t stop moving. They can become very dangerous to people around them or to themselves.

6. Dilated Pupils

Dilated pupils is another one of the meth addiction symptoms that an addict can experience for about 26 hours after they take the drug. Most addicts will want to wear sunglasses to hide their eyes from others while they are dilated.

7. Body Odor

Meth addicts will have a harsh smell to them and they will often sweat a lot. This odor will remind you of cat urine. Meth labs often have this same smell. The chemicals in the drug are what can cause the person to have this smell to them when they sweat and it comes out of their pores.

8. Paranoid

Often when a person is a meth addict, they will become very paranoid for no reason. They will think everyone is out to get them. They will become very sheltered and not want to go out in public. They will often keep to themselves and go long periods of time before they want to communicate with anyone else.

9. Itchy Skin

Itchy skin is another one of the uncomfortable meth addiction symptoms that an addict may encounter. Meth addicts will have very dry and itchy skin. They will want to itch all of the time, all over their body. The itching can become so bad that they will often itch until their skin is broken and blood is drawn.

10. Meth Mouth

Meth mouth is a phrase for meth addicts that suffer from tooth decay and other mouth problems. The drug can cause their teeth to blacken and fall out. They also may have very red and sore gums. This will lead to more weight loss, since it will be much harder and painful for them to eat or drink anything.

source: http://www.addictions.com/meth/10-common-meth-addiction-symptoms/

Thanks, Steven. Another "clue": usually it takes a minute from the time someone checks in with the doorman downstairs until s/he arrives at my door. In the case of one of these guys (the one who goes directly to the can), he took nearly five minutes to arrive later one night last week when few were about the building. I have to wonder if he's ducking into a vestibule on the way to see me.

Thanks, Steven. Another "clue": usually it takes a minute from the time someone checks in with the doorman downstairs until s/he arrives at my door. In the case of one of these guys (the one who goes directly to the can), he took nearly five minutes to arrive later one night last week when few were about the building. I have to wonder if he's ducking into a vestibule on the way to see me.

We are in Summer now. I get hot too. If he's chatting non sensibly or twitchy then it's possible. Maybe he's just going to the bathroom to check his reflection.

At any rate, none of these sound like actual clues.

Agree with Caliguy...none of the behavior you describe sounds like he is on Meth. Most notably would be paranoia, constant talking, break outs on his skin, and dilated eyes. If he just started using Meth recently, most likely the weight loss, rotting teeth, or body odor may not be as apparent. I doubt that he would be smoking in the bathroom, the Meth pipe creates a lot of smoke and you would notice the haze. He could be doing a bump of cocaine on the way up to your unit, or possibly doing a bump in the bathroom. The would account for the extra time he is taking...good luck.

If he walked over he might have gotten all sweaty and wanted to cool off before arriving at your front door.

Well no, but it is much easier doing a bump of coke in a stairwell or in the bathroom, without trying to fiddle around with the pipe. For me it seems more likely, especially given the fact that the high with coke is much shorter, so I can see someone needing to do a hit just before they got together..

Guest Starbuck
Not that cocaine is a huge improvement over meth.

And is either as refreshing as a well-made gin and tonic on a hot summer's eve?

Well no, but it is much easier doing a bump of coke in a stairwell or in the bathroom, without trying to fiddle around with the pipe. For me it seems more likely, especially given the fact that the high with coke is much shorter, so I can see someone needing to do a hit just before they got together..

I agree that it's more likely.

I like to have a martini,

Two at the very most.

After three I'm under the table,

After four I'm under my host.

Dorothy Parker

P.S. If you've been hiring him as a top, meth would pretty likely have put a crimp in his ability to perform.

Prescription drugs can make you a hot sometimes. Recently, I had to take a course of acyclovir. I never made the connection at first. The house seemed stiflingly hot, I went around throwing windows open. At night, if I used any heavier cover than a single sheet, I got night sweats, and so on. It finally occurred to me that it could be the drug. I checked and, sure enough, acyclovir can cause you to feel hot.

I think you can pretty much say if he's an abuser by the smell: mouth and underarms.

Is he sweating a lot?

How good is your olfactory?

Guest Starbuck
OK...people, y'all gone too far. Everyone just step away from the keyboard. Let's just leave gin and tonic out of this discussion.

Oh, now, BeeVeeBee, y'all know I didn't mean to get you defensive on behalf of the G&T ... I promise you, I'm enjoying one as I type ... and I was NOT comparing gin to the ALL-OUT HELL of crystal meth, but, rather, wishing that simpler temptations were enough for all of us ...

Let's imagine:

It's a hot, hot night in a white room in a house on some Greek isle (What island is that in your avatar? Surely a Greek one.) ... a thin curtain is blowing up from an open window ... and you (G&T in hand) are gazing at the firm and glistening flesh of the young (Greek!) man in your bed ... young in years, but wise in the ways of love, well-practiced in the carnal arts ...

And you have to decide (because it's a REALLY GOOD gin and tonic, with a wedge of lime cut from fruit on a tree just outside your door) whether you really want to put that drink down, and let the glass sweat onto the wooden bedside table because, just maybe, that young man (with a really spectacular ass) is the greater temptation.

Your call.

Oh, now, BeeVeeBee, y'all know I didn't mean to get you defensive on behalf of the G&T ... I promise you, I'm enjoying one as I type ... and I was NOT comparing gin to the ALL-OUT HELL of crystal meth, but, rather, wishing that simpler temptations were enough for all of us ...

Let's imagine:

It's a hot, hot night in a white room in a house on some Greek isle (What island is that in your avatar? Surely a Greek one.) ... a thin curtain is blowing up from an open window ... and you (G&T in hand) are gazing at the firm and glistening flesh of the young (Greek!) man in your bed ... young in years, but wise in the ways of love, well-practiced in the carnal arts ...

And you have to decide (because it's a REALLY GOOD gin and tonic, with a wedge of lime cut from fruit on a tree just outside your door) whether you really want to put that drink down, and let the glass sweat onto the wooden bedside table because, just maybe, that young man (with a really spectacular ass) is the greater temptation.

Your call.

2327015691_f967678c67.jpg

Hmmmm....let's see, a hot Greek boy or a Bombay and Tonic :confused: .........[what for it].........Got it. At my age, I'll take the G&T. Sex would be, oh what, a couple of minutes max, whereas I could nurse the Bombay for at least a half hour or more...;)

(My apologies to Lankypeters for the hyjack)

Archived