"The Real O'Neals", Dan Savage's new sitcom

poolboy48220
This topic is 3291 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I've heard a bit about this but saw the trailer at a friend's last night

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-real-oneals

I'm kind of amazed it's on ABC. It's getting the usual blowback from conservative groups like <Insert inflated number here> Moms. I'm not sure when it actually airs, the closest thing to a specific date that I've seen just says "mid-season".

Needless to say I'll be watching. HUGE Dan Savage fan.

I've heard a bit about this but saw the trailer at a friend's last night

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-real-oneals

I'm kind of amazed it's on ABC. It's getting the usual blowback from conservative groups like <Insert inflated number here> Moms. I'm not sure when it actually airs, the closest thing to a specific date that I've seen just says "mid-season".

Needless to say I'll be watching. HUGE Dan Savage fan.

I'm not surprised it's on ABC. The network is owned by Disney, which has been gay friendly for sometime. Not to say Disney is or has been the bastion of gay pride, but it's probably more open to gay based ideals/issues (for back of better terms) than most corporations imho. So I'm sure they won't wince it's a Dan savage production.

And network TV has been pushing the envelope going edgier to compete with cable. If it's a good show controversy will bring people in, but the quality will keep them.

But I'm looking more forward to the new Muppets show. :D

I enjoyed the trailer and especially the cologne model in the mirror. It seems to fit in with the other family comedies on ABC: The Goldbergs, Blackish and the increasingly tedious Modern Family. I would watch it but it is likely to turn bland on network TV. Now if it were on cable, that might be something worth watching.

Ditto on all the previous remarks. It's got a great cast: Martha Plimpton (Raising Hope), Jay R Ferguson, sans beard (Mad Men), Bebe Wood (the fantastic little girl from The New Normal) and this new kid, Noah Galvin, who I saw last night in a play called, What I Did Last Summer. No, not the teen slasher flick, but a charming coming-of-age WWII drama by AR Gurney. He was just terrific and is perfectly cast in this role.

Archived