"L" Watch it, Men!

Axiom2001
This topic is 7445 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Last evening I watched the first episode of "L" on one of my Showtime stations. Although it's all about intricate lesbian experiences, the human and universal elements kept me interested until the end. The plots and conflicts were well-done; the acting quite convincing; therefore, although I am a gay man who like women except (sexually)-- I wonder who else saw this show, and what did he think of it? This curious, multifaceted man would like to know!!:-)

RE:

Axiom, although we agree on many things about men, I have to say that I wouldn't be caught dead watching this show. Lesbians are of so little interest to me that I would rather watch the Muppets. Other than our mutual same-sex attraction, I think gay men have more in common with straight women.

RE:

>I

>am a gay man who like women except (sexually)

Axiom, I assume the "like" is a typo, but why is "sexually" in parentheses? I ask cause I notice you sometimes critique or comment on people's posting style or grammar or vocabulary choice, but your own writing skills ain't all that.

RE:

>>I

>>am a gay man who like women except (sexually)

>

>Axiom, I assume the "like" is a typo, but why is "sexually" in

>parentheses? I ask cause I notice you sometimes critique or

>comment on people's posting style or grammar or vocabulary

>choice, but your own writing skills ain't all that.

We have missed your singular wit and insight here, Donnie.

Guest lookin4lust

RE: L" Watch it, Men!"

It was ok, but unrealistic. I went to college in CA, and saw a mix of thin and heavy lesbians. It's obvious the "babes" in this show would appeal to straight men lesbian fantasies.

RE:

The last poster is right. This show is not about lesbians, it's about straight men's fantasy of lesbians. Sure, glamor dykes exist, but all the babes in this show indicate that they are typical of the lesbian community, and we all not that's not true. Not a bull dyke, tough truck driver among them. Why do shows about gay men not shrink from showing sissy boys as well as muscle hunks -- but lesbians are all beautiful models? It's just another example of how the world is ruled by straight men.

RE: QAF is no better

Didn't see the show, but I fail to see how it could be any worse at representing the Lesbian community as a whole than QAF is at representing the gay male community as a whole. Of course QAF does have that disclaimer. Does this show have a similar disclaimer?

RE:

>Other than our mutual same-sex attraction,

>I think gay men have more in common with straight women.

I disagree with this statement. What more in common do gays have with str8 women, other than sexual attraction to men? Lesbians face the same ostracization by society as gays, the same discrimination in housing and employement, the same ban against marriage, the same ban against military service, the same struggles in coming out to family and others and the same fight for equal rights.

RE:

"...but your writing skills aint all that." Donnie, what do you mean? How does this putdown enhance the tenor of your message? How does what you wrote relate to the topic? How would you have written it?

Also, when have I criticized others for the way in which they have written something? I'm curious for a precise response!

Archived