New gay male strip club in DC!

DickyF
This topic is 3174 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I just read in local DC gay mag Metro Weekly that a straight strip club will have male strippers for gay men on Sundays starting this weekend. FYI for those local it's owned by former (& arguably notorious) city councilmember Jim Graham. From the description it sounds like it will be a Chippendales-type performances though should be nude. Hopefully it ain't too corny. The club is The House on 3530 Ga Ave NW near the Petworth metro.

I can't access the website on my iPhone and it would not be a good idea to look up on my work computer! I'll try to go on Sunday and give report.

http://www.thehouse3530.com

Article:

http://www.metroweekly.com/2015/04/jim-graham-naked-and-unafraid/

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I couldn't make it Sunday. I'd love to hear if anyone did. Their website doesn't say anything about male strippers.

I couldn't make it Sunday. I'd love to hear if anyone did. Their website doesn't say anything about male strippers.

I didn't make it either, but isn't the website the website for the old strip club which featured black women as dancers? Based on what I've seen the club is now men dancing for women 6 days a week and gay men every Sunday. No female dancers at all

I didn't make it either, but isn't the website the website for the old strip club which featured black women as dancers? Based on what I've seen the club is now men dancing for women 6 days a week and gay men every Sunday. No female dancers at all

From the metroweekly article it is men for women on Thursdays, men for men on Sundays, and women for men the rest of the time. But there is virtually no publicity on this change. Not even a website.

• 2 months later...

Bumping to see if anyone's been. Was going to go with some friends a couple of Sundays ago, but we called and were told they close at midnight. Midnight??????

(Okay, so we called at 11:30 and may have been mildly intoxicated at the time.)

• 2 weeks later...

Buffdaddy may go this Sunday night after our show of nude dancers down in Philly tonight. Il report back to you guys!!!

Last night we had our nude dancer night in Manhattan, it was great to see a bunch of the old Gaiety guys come out in support.

What do you guys think if I recreated the Gaiety once a month? Once a week? Im working on it!!!!!! And would like some feedback? Its just a idea

at this point

What do you guys think if I recreated the Gaiety once a month? Once a week? Im working on it!!!!!! And would like some feedback? Its just a idea

at this point

BuffDaddy, what a wonderful idea !! :p

Bozo would love to see Denise again! Betcha she looks exactly the same as she did ten years ago. The woman never aged in all that time - like a female Dorian Gray. Hopefully the BuffDaddy wardrobe department has plenty of black sweaters and black jeans in her size.

Also, please don't forget the thin, silver foils dangling from the ceiling in the back of the stage. No Gaiety stage re-creation would be complete without them.

Please make sure to order plenty of watered down fruit punch (or was it Kool-Aid?) and sesame seeded Stella D'Oro bread-sticks for the re-created lounge area. Those bread-sticks were always a big treat for Bozo. They are certainly a much more appropriate snack offering in a seedy strip club environment than stale ham sandwiches.....

Finally, if the two security guards haven't joined ISIS or been deported back to Bangladesh, bringing them back would reignite the fond memories that so many of us had of visiting the Gaiety in the late 80's and 90's.

If you want additional helpful suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact America's favourite clown. It's spelled: B - O - Z - O.

Bozo

One presumes the prohibition against touching the dancers' naughty bits that holds at Secrets will have to apply here too?

Secrets is the place where they are totally nekkid except for their socks, right? I went once long ago if it is. I saw one guy so long and erect that he could have poked my eye out if I got too close.

Gman

Secrets is the place where they are totally nekkid except for their socks, right? I went once long ago if it is. I saw one guy so long and erect that he could have poked my eye out if I got too close.

Gman

YES... that WAS the place... a lot has changed in the past few years...but maybe there is still hope if enough guys support these new efforts !!

Is Secrets not open anymore?

Gman

I think it is still open, I just haven't been there in a long time. There have been other posts here on Secrets... but in years past, things were a lot "freer" in terms of the interaction with the dancers than the law allows now !! :(

Archived