Forum Software Upgrade This Weekend

Guy Fawkes
This topic is 3024 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you tried simply using the New Posts tab on the top of the page? Any ones you've read will not show, and once you've read all you care to, you can then mark all the rest as read, so next time it'll just be the new stuff.

Kevin Slater

As always, thanks Kevin. But when you use the new posts tab you get all the new posts from all the forums (Deli, Lounge, etc.) you did not read. When you go to a particular forum on the MSS site you can tell which posts in a particular forum you have not read. It is just much easier. I guess one can be too lazy.

Thanks- say have you figured out a way to delete a message in your Inbox? I can see the box to check to select the message. But I can't find a delete option.

Gman

I don't see a delete function either... or a sent folder yet... or a need to delete messages due to space issues as in the past... at least not just yet that is...

I just figured out that your sent messages are part of your inbox... as I said its going to take a while to get used to things...

I just figured out that your sent messages are part of your inbox... as I said its going to take a while to get used to things...

Ok I figured out how to delete messages--you choose the little box next to the message. Then when the option box appears, there's an option to "Leave Conversation". It then gives you an option to permanently delete the "Conversation" or just delete it until someone responds to it--at which point it will put it back in your queue.

Gman

Ok I figured out how to delete messages--you choose the little box next to the message. Then when the option box appears, there's an option to "Leave Conversation". It then gives you an option to permanently delete the "Conversation" or just delete it until someone responds to it--at which point it will put it back in your queue.

Gman

Thanks!

Hell Daddy -

Darlin - the new forum looks nothing, but Spectacular. Very easy to use, user friendly, and a lot of fun. Well Job - Well Done. Thank you, Daddy for giving us a new and exciting fun forum to go by from this moment forward. Awesome!!

Posting pics

One quick question. Under the previous system only four pics could be posted at any one time. That seemed to limit things and resulted in multiple postings for guys who routinely posted pics. As an example I limited myself to only four pics in my posting in the Fetish Forum today. However, I also included a couple of emoticons as well for a total of what would be considered to be six pics under the old system. In the past I would have been told to eliminate two of the pics. However, that was not the case today.

So is there indeed a limit to the number of pics that can be posted at any one time? If not it will greatly facilitate grouping the posting of pics so as to develop a theme etc. Also, if there is a limit what would that number be?

Thanks!

PS: Totally enjoying the new format!!!

So is there indeed a limit to the number of pics that can be posted at any one time? If not it will greatly facilitate grouping the posting of pics so as to develop a theme etc. Also, if there is a limit what would that number be?

Dunno. Although as someone who is frequently required to open specific posts in response to alerts, it would be appreciated if you don't over-stress a slow cell connection on individual posts. :)

I'm still getting used to the new format, so my apologies if this has already been discussed. When I click on the "New Profile Posts" link, I'm pretty sure I'm reading private messages that forum members have sent to each other? Is that intentional? :eek:

Rob

I'm still getting used to the new format, so my apologies if this has already been discussed. When I click on the "New Profile Posts" link, I'm pretty sure I'm reading private messages that forum members have sent to each other? Is that intentional? :eek:

Rob

Not exactly new. In the old software you could view any profile and see the comments written there.

Here, they've just put them all in a list.

Profile comments are and always have been public.

• 9 months later...

It has now been 10 months since Daddy migrated the Message-Forum from the old software to this new XenForo software.

Daddy posted a notice today that he's planning to upgrade the Message-Forum over the weekend.

I want to say Thank You for the move to XenForo last March and Thank You again, for keeping this site operating so smoothly. Just today, I read a post from someone who has been a member for quite a while. He commented that the forum is a far nicer place to be these days.

Yes, both from a technical point of view with the new software provider and from a content point of view with the MODERATE MODERATORS.

And no GeminiBear, this isn't a plug for a Sports forum. I don't watch Sports in a forum, I watch Sports in my Lounge.

Archived