Hamilton

Doe Be Doe
This topic is 2749 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The NYT posted a video of the Schuyler Sisters. I couldn't catch all the words. But I liked the song. I went to look it up on YouTube and found this, from I'm assuming, an annual benefit called Miscast which I was not familiar with. This video has 'boys' from Les Miz, Kinky Boots, and School of Rock singing the song. I think they do a great job. And interestingly enough I can understand the words better than I could in the actual Broadway production.

Gman

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe Miscast is a benefit in which Broadway roles are cast with non-traditional casting, usually the sex opposite to the usual for the role, but sometimes with an old actor doing a young role or a dramatic actor doing a comedy number.

• 4 months later...

And now this:

78abd8c95d9516ee08e4c61d331c6477

Aaron Burr’s West Village home hits market amid ‘Hamilton’ fever

He’s been pilloried by history — including in the smash Broadway play “Hamilton” — but Aaron Burr is still a hot property in Manhattan. A historic West Village property once owned by the infamous Revolutionary War figure hits the market Monday for $5.75 million, or $1.28 million more that it sold for in 2013. The owner hopes to make a killing off Burr’s renewed fame, thanks to the hit play by Lin-Manuel Miranda. “ ‘Hamilton’ is so hot right now, and we have something that is a part of it,’’ said Corcoran broker Bernice Leventhal, who is listing the home with Sarah Thompson. “We are definitely looking at the ‘Hamilton’ angle. People who are history buffs and who love the play will fall in love ...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/15e33e7e-6003-3838-b151-2f806d31b872/aaron-burr%E2%80%99s-west-village.html

• 4 weeks later...

Archived