The Normal Heart

imagooddog
This topic is 3432 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Though I had heard of this TV movie before, I had not seen it or knew much about it.

We are getting free HBO this weekend so I watched it tonight. It if one of the most

emotional stories ever made into a play/movie and I will never forget it. The cast was

exceptional. I feel like an emotional wreck now. This should be a "must watch" for

all of the younger audience. Very well done.

I saw it a few months ago, one or more boxes of kleenex later, I thought it was absolutely excellent. The resemblence to my own life was breathaking! All these years later I sometimes wonder where I got the strength to retain my sanity. I seldom talk about it now in my later years; the lump in my throat knows no bounds and will never, ever go away.

Though I had heard of this TV movie before, I had not seen it or knew much about it.

We are getting free HBO this weekend so I watched it tonight. It if one of the most

emotional stories ever made into a play/movie and I will never forget it. The cast was

exceptional. I feel like an emotional wreck now. This should be a "must watch" for

all of the younger audience. Very well done.

I agree it is a powerful movie. I lost a lot of friends during those days, went to funerals where the wife and children were lost in a maze as they never knew about their husband or father. That was probably the hardest part of those terrible years. Some day I wish that someone would do a movie or write a book about some of those situations and follow up to see how life turned out for them following the death of a closeted gay or bi man. There are probably some wonderful stories to come out of those tragedies too.

I haven't seen the movie, but I did see the original play when it was new. Surprisingly, what I remember from it was how funny some of it was. Perhaps that was because I was counseling in an AIDS clinic at the time, and Kramer perfectly captured some of the absurdity that I encountered there. The movie about the same period that did leave me an emotional mess, however, was "Longtime Companion."

I haven't seen the movie, but I did see the original play when it was new. Surprisingly, what I remember from it was how funny some of it was. Perhaps that was because I was counseling in an AIDS clinic at the time, and Kramer perfectly captured some of the absurdity that I encountered there. The movie about the same period that did leave me an emotional mess, however, was "Longtime Companion."

Yes Long Time Companion was a tear jerker fit for the forties. My mother used to refer to them as a three hanky movie. In this case it was a three navy hanky in the rear left pocket movie.

Archived