a recipe

namchebaz
This topic is 3499 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

l love the Splendid Table. A good friend hates it because she thinks it epitomizes every preconception people have about NPR shows; she thinks that the Alec Baldwin "Schwetty Balls" skit is a takeoff on this show.

Crescent Rolls in a tube are the holy grail of quick and easy recipe cooking. I have the "Best of the Bakeoff" cookbook, one of the recipe requirements is that a Betty Crocker product is used, and the tube rolls and biscuits are popular starts. If you do give these a try (and I might, omitting the raisins), you can buy the dough in an un-perforated flat sheet, so you don't have to pinch the rolls together to make a base sheet for them.

l love the Splendid Table. A good friend hates it because she thinks it epitomizes every preconception people have about NPR shows; she thinks that the Alec Baldwin "Schwetty Balls" skit is a takeoff on this show...

I adore that SNL sketch, but your friend must have never listened to The Splendid Table. At no time has Lynn Rosetta-Casper sounded like that skit. However, "On Being" can sound a little like it.

I love The Splendid Table, and consider myself a disciple of Lynn Rosetto Kasper. But really, Liberace's sticky buns???...that truly is one step away from his "schwetty balls". Maybe I should've forgone watching Behind the Candelabra. But I couldn't because I knew Matt Damon would likely show his butt. And I was right!

Liberace's sticky buns or sweaty balls?: No. Thanks.

haha.

Archived