Society of Ragamuffins

armadillo
This topic is 3088 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going on a cruise around New Zealand and Australia in several weeks. I must say that I'm relieved at not having to pack a tux or even a coat and tie any more. Celebrity Cruises has done away with formal (tux) and even informal (coat and tie) nights. I suspect other cruise lines have done the same. I suppose there was a certain fun at playing "dress-up," but having to lug all of those clothes around the globe wasn't worth it....

http://cruisetalk.org/celebrity-dress-code-gets-a-reboot-with-evening-chic/

A number of years ago I took the original Orient Express train from Venice to Paris - 24 hours/overnight. At dinner one was supposed to wear tux/dark suit and women very dressy also. Wouldn't you know it - one guy (the only guy not in a tux) wore plaid shorts and white T-shirt. Of course, he was an American!

At bedtime, everybody lined up in each car to use the bathroom - everyone was wearing fancy bed attire/silk robes, etc. It was really a fun affair!

Archived