Man Eaten Alive by Giant Anaconda

BSR
This topic is 3489 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

You hear about some crazy sh*t on reality TV, but this is the most extreme I've ever seen: a man is going to let himself be eaten alive by a giant anaconda. Don't worry, he'll be in a protective "snake-proof" (or so he hopes) suit complete with breathing apparatus, plus he'll be attached to a rope so that his team can pull him out after the anaconda has swallowed him whole. Well, I'm pretty sure one of them, either the man or the snake, will not survive the experience.

Anaconda

You hear about some crazy sh*t on reality TV, but this is the most extreme I've ever seen: a man is going to let himself be eaten alive by a giant anaconda. Don't worry, he'll be in a protective "snake-proof" (or so he hopes) suit complete with breathing apparatus, plus he'll be attached to a rope so that his team can pull him out after the anaconda has swallowed him whole. Well, I'm pretty sure one of them, either the man or the snake, will not survive the experience.

I actually feel sorry for the snake , the man should learn to respect creature not use them to create a 5 min action for fame

I actually feel sorry for the snake , the man should learn to respect creature not use them to create a 5 min action for fame

I agree. This guys parents sure raised him ignorant. While I know the outcome will be different I'd like the snake to survive and the idiot...well...you know. It's stupid stunts like this that let other human trash think it's ok to abuse animals.

Don't worry, he'll be in a protective "snake-proof" (or so he hopes) suit complete with breathing apparatus, plus he'll be attached to a rope so that his team can pull him out after the anaconda has swallowed him whole.

I'm not worried. The guy's an idiot, and deserves whatever happens to him. As others have said, I just feel bad for the snake.

Rob

According to reports, Rosolie was removed from the snake by a cord attached to his suit, after having been swallowed whole.

Rosolie's been tweeting actively since the special was taped, so it's safe to say he emerged safely. The anaconda wasn't killed.

Paul Rosolie responds:

"In the days leading up to Eaten Alive on Discovery Channel, I understand that many people have questions. All I can tell you now is that all my work is based around the fact that wildlife and ecosystems today, across the globe, are at a critical moment. No group of animals so much so as apex predators. From sharks, to tigers, to anacondas – across the globe the biggest and baddest, some of the most iconic creatures on our planet are vanishing because of us. The snakes that I work with are under threat from hunting and habitat destruction, and need help. Anacondas are a major player in the Amazon ecosystem that provides 1/5 of our planet’s oxygen and contains 1/5 of the planets fresh water. For those worried about animal cruelty, I invite you to research my work – read my book. Then ask yourself: would this person ever hurt an animal?"

http://www.paulrosolie.com/eatenalive/

The tweets aside, this scenario doesn't add up for me. What kind of suit protects against the force of the constriction? Anacondas have sharp, backwards facing teeth. What about those. I have a feeling this is going to be 40 minutes of running around preparing for the stunt and 5 minutes of a dud of a climax. I'll watch just because, but I'm not hoping for much. As far as his claim that this is about putting a spot light on endangered animals...well, I'm not buying that either. It's a stunt with no scientific value.

Archived