appreciate life

taylorky
This topic is 7470 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

thanks for keeping the green alive for me! :)

i'm the "elf" he's mentioned. he's called me many names--all of the sort one might expect from a kindergartner. why? well, it seems for the horrid crimes of being a PROUD Jew, a zionist, and a republican.

i have to say--much like doug--that i do love his postings though.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now you are interpolating what I meant. There is a need for certain governmental programs. The function of government is to guarantee the safety of the populace. Beyond that a lot of the programs you support I do not. The ones you support are in many cases very expensive and that is where a lot of the tax dollars go that I do not think should be spent. You always want to hit up the ones that I would support, but not the ones I think are either unnecessary or else badly enforced so that the bulk of the money is wasted.

>i don't often show my appreciation for this life i have,and

>was wondering how many of you are truly appreciative for the

>good fortune you were blessed with.

Good point. I do take Derek for granted sometimes and sometimes it takes someone else (usually a client!) to remind me of what I have (usually by telling me, "You're so lucky to have Derek." ;-) ). I just went & gave him a hug and told him it came from you, Taylor. :*

>thanks for keeping the green alive for

>me! :)

>i'm the "elf" he's mentioned. he's called me many names--all

>of the sort one might expect from a kindergartner. why? well,

>it seems for the horrid crimes of being a PROUD Jew, a

>zionist, and a republican.

>

>i have to say--much like doug--that i do love his postings

LOL you sure do enjoy playing the role of victim,my comments directed towards you have nothing to do with any of the things you mention above.

i just became tired of your endless insults.i am also jewish,but unlike you i don't feel the need to #1 make public that chance of birth every chance i get and #2 i don't use it to place myself in the role of victim every time someone dumps on me.

as far as you being a zionist.........who gives a shit?? i sure as hell don't,but you seem to have a need to convince yourself that people don't like you because of your beliefs. well slick i would guess the people that don't like you (and why would you give a shit if people on a message board like you or not anyway? sounds like you are missing something in your real life)feel that way because you are an asshole,you constantly attempt to demean and insult many people that post here and if they say anything in defense of themselves.......you whine,cry and fall into the victim mode.....ie: everybody picks on me boo fucking hoo grow some cajones dude.

and i am so very happy you enjoy my postings....glad i can put a little joy in your life

no no no slick...........you play the victim role well,you don't need anyone's help.

wish we could have a way to compare our accomplishments 20 years from

now,i'm pretty confident this dumb country boy will have done quite well for himself.

as for you............well hell give me a call....always room for another paralegal

Yes, let us remember that the Pilgrims celebrated the first Thanksgiving Day not for anything they were born with but for what they had been able to accomplish with the little they had on this "foreign" shore.

And let's also remember that ecstacy didn't start out as the chemical drug, Ecstacy, but as a spiritual state. And one way that ecstacy can be entered into is by meditating on the nice things we have, born with or achieved, in a thankful manner. As Bing Crosby was wont to sing, "Count Your Blessings, instead of sheep."

Can someone please explain?

Taylor's original message was a simple expression of apprecaition for being alive, for being happy and for his good fortune in life.

How can such a message, especially a week before Thanksgiving, degenerate into an exchange of posts that are filled with insult and hate?

I ask again: Can someone please explain?

Ruben

>How can such a message, especially a week before Thanksgiving,

>degenerate into an exchange of posts that are filled with

>insult and hate?

>

>I ask again: Can someone please explain?

Thank you for this post, Ruben. I agree with it completely, and share your astonishment. I was trying to make exactly this point earlier in the thread, but failed to convey it with the moral clarity and focus that you brought to this discussion, and for that, I thank you.

It all started when, after Taylor shared his moving and profound thoughts on love and life, this "Donnie" person cynically attributed these sentiments to what apparently is an illegal drug (it's called "ectsacy" - must be new; I never heard of it, but you know how these users are - they find a new drug every week it seems).

But anyway . . . . (ellipses in honor of Taylor), after that, other posters - such as this "Bucky" person - jupmed in and defended what Donnie did - they justified his accusation that Taylor was on drugs when he wrote his post. Ever since then, it's been a free-for-all - an outright festival of argument and strife - totally vandalizing the love and goodness with which angelic Taylor began this discussion.

If I hadn't seen it myself, I wouldn't have believed it! And all of this, as you so perceptively point out, a week before Thanksgiving. How can this not pain any caring person?

pumpkin,

awwwwwwwwww ain't that sweet..an endearing little pet name "pumpkin".

shazammmmm shazammmmmmmmm and i thought he didn't wuv me.

snookum's the job offer stands.........20 years from today you come see me and i'll take you on as a hmmmmmmmmm well uhhhhhhhhh hows your typing skills?

>Can someone please explain?

>

>Taylor's original message was a simple expression of

>apprecaition for being alive, for being happy and for his good

>fortune in life.

>

>How can such a message, especially a week before Thanksgiving,

>degenerate into an exchange of posts that are filled with

>insult and hate?

>

>I ask again: Can someone please explain?

>

>Ruben

well ruben we can still take comfort in the fact that the decent people on this board still out number the trolls and geeks.

all one need do is read previous messages and you will see bucky is not the bad guy.

Archived