Malaysian Airliner down...

bigvalboy
This topic is 1518 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://nypost.com/2014/07/23/grieving-dutch-furious-after-putins-daughter-found-living-in-holland/

Dutch would like to deport Putin's daughter who lives in the Netherlands...

How ironic!

The Dutch are also beginning to speak openly about distancing themselves economically from Russia. I rather suspect however, like most things, that after the horror of this event fades from memory, nothing much will change. It is the way of the world.

The Dutch are also beginning to speak openly about distancing themselves economically from Russia. I rather suspect however, like most things, that after the horror of this event fades from memory, nothing much will change. It is the way of the world.

Exactly!

"dog that barks doesn't bite".

It would be like us not getting any oil from Venezuela, or boycotting Canadian and Mexican products if we ever get into a fight with our neighbors.

Deutsche Bank and Shell (Dutch oil company) have a lot of money invested in Russia's oil, Heineken is very popular in Russia. Global trade is a double edge sword, if you stop trading with me, I'll stop trading with you.

The Russians committed a mistake, it wasn't in their own interest to shoot down a civilian passenger.

We did the same mistake in the 80's with an Iranian plane with 290 civilians, of course some guys on here will say Iranians openly promote terrorism (marine barracks) but let me tell you one thing, they were all civilians. We paid 150k per passenger, and gave medals to the whole crew of the US Vincennes despite their careless behavior.

Exactly!

We did the same mistake in the 80's with an Iranian plane with 290 civilians, of course some guys on here will say Iranians openly promote terrorism (marine barracks) but let me tell you one thing, they were all civilians. We paid 150k per passenger, and gave medals to the whole crew of the US Vincennes despite their careless behavior.

The US admitted the mistake and made reparations. The Russians should do the same. The downing of the jet was a mistake, but spouting bullshit about it afterwards is intentional, and adds insult to injury.

The US admitted the mistake and made reparations. The Russians should do the same. The downing of the jet was a mistake, but spouting bullshit about it afterwards is intentional, and adds insult to injury.

yes, we admitted our mistake after denying been part of it for days, I guess free press helps. It's not even a week. We did 150K in reparations per person years later in 1996.

Denial is always the first reaction, Putin will be asked to admit it and apologize for it.

I guarantee you the guys who launched that missile by mistake won't receive any medals for it because they hurt the interest of their own country.

• 5 years later...

I apologise for reviving an old thread. The trial has begun in Amsterdam of three Russians and a Ukrainian for shooting down MH17 five and a half years ago. This week, Australian television has had families of some of the victims preparing to go to the Netherlands for the trial and also coverage of the trial and of family members who have travelled there for it. In a different thread I posted a link to an Australian Story episode about one of those families. There were 38 Australians on that aeroplane. and it is still a significant issue here, and there are Australian Federal Police (AFP) officers in Amsterdam for the trial.

In 2014 the AFP were on the ground in Ukraine as part of the investigation, and the transport of remains and aircraft wreckage from Kharkiv to the Netherlands was conducted by Royal Netherlands and Royal Australian Air Force aircraft.

I apologise for reviving an old thread. The trial has begun in Amsterdam of three Russians and a Ukrainian for shooting down MH17 five and a half years ago. This week, Australian television has had families of some of the victims preparing to go to the Netherlands for the trial and also coverage of the trial and of family members who have travelled there for it. In a different thread I posted a link to an Australian Story episode about one of those families. There were 38 Australians on that aeroplane. and it is still a significant issue here, and there are Australian Federal Police (AFP) officers in Amsterdam for the trial.

In 2014 the AFP were on the ground in Ukraine as part of the investigation, and the transport of remains and aircraft wreckage from Kharkiv to the Netherlands was conducted by Royal Netherlands and Royal Australian Air Force aircraft.

Interesting. I’m in KL currently and can’t read either Malay or Chinese but the English language Strait Times app is rather silent on the matter. The new government that resulted from the collapse of that of Prime Minister Dr Mahatir [sp?] takes up most of the space. That and the virus.

Interesting. I’m in KL currently and can’t read either Malay or Chinese but the English language Strait Times app is rather silent on the matter. The new government that resulted from the collapse of that of Prime Minister Dr Mahatir [sp?] takes up most of the space. That and the virus.

That surprises me a little as the shoot-down was significant for Malaysia. But the trial is still in its preliminary stages so, with the political intrigue involving Mahathir and Anwar Ibrahim, it's understandable that the New Straits Times would focus on that.