Please Like Me

MrMiniver
This topic is 3557 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2155025/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_1

I just finished watching Season 1 (from 2013) of this new Australian sitcom created by and starring Josh Thomas. It's about a young man whose girlfriend breaks up with him saying "you are gay, aren't you?" and we go from there ...

It's touching, sweet, quirky, funny ... and he almost immediately meets a hot young co-worker and they start making out.

I found it really enjoyable, highly recommend it ... Season 2 starts in August.

Just watched the first episode on Amazon streaming, really enjoyed it. Thanks for the suggestion MrMiniver!

You're welcome. The lead is a bit annoying but also endearing in a way. Not sure anyone buys the hot guy going for him instantly but .... it's tv ... who cares. and the hot guy is really sweet ... and I'm not usually someone who likes twinks!

Can't wait for season 2 .... Funny, I have Amazon Prime but I've never used their streaming service ... i torrent everything ....

• 2 months later...

Season one was delightfully awkward, really enjoyable. Three episodes into season two (which came out 18 months after the end of season one) suggests the series has already lost its charm. The characters were quirky and entertaining in the first season; not so now. Even the sexy as hell boyfriend has lost his charms. Maybe it'll pull out of its nosedive.

Kevin Slater

Season one was delightfully awkward, really enjoyable. Three episodes into season two (which came out 18 months after the end of season one) suggests the series has already lost its charm. The characters were quirky and entertaining in the first season; not so now. Even the sexy as hell boyfriend has lost his charms. Maybe it'll pull out of its nosedive.

Kevin Slater

Funny, Kevin. We have really been enjoying the new season. We thought it was better written and much more relatable and fun.

It takes all types!

Archived