CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN!

deej
This topic is 7504 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>Part of being a Cubs fan is accepting crushing

>disappointment. :+

>

>But it ain't over yet.

thankfully it is now *runs and ducks*

I love the Cubs, but based on last night, the Marlins have the better teams. The beat the Giants in the Dividion Series & and SF had a better w/L percentage during the year. There's no curse, the Marlins deserved to be in the World Series.

God Bless Deej and the Marlins

God Bless the Florida Marlins for their outstanding, crushing defeat of the Cubs!!

And a special shout-out, heartfelt thank you to DEEJ - who, with his creation of this thread, reveailng his love of the Cubs - immediately transformed me into a rabid fan of the Florida Marlins - a team about which I had previously been completely indifferent - thereby enabling me to share in the ecstacy which all of us Marlins fans feel. God Bless Deej!

Thank you Marlins - and thank you Deej for turning me into a Marlins fan - at least for this series!!!!

RE: CUBS LOSE!! CUBS LOSE!! CUBS LOSE!!

I really want to thank that fan from Tuesday nights game for catching that ball}(. You are a "TRUE" fan of the Marlins;). I wonder when he will take the free offer of a three month condo from the Fl. Gov. for helping the Marlins. The better of two teams won.

When in doubt I whip it out:+

RE: God Bless Deej and the Marlins

Never too early for a little coffee and gloating, huh doug?}(

Hell until Sosa struck out in the 8th inning I wouldn't let myself believe that it was actually happening. All kidding aside it was an exciting game and an exciting series. I'm probably a lousy fan but I hated to see either team lose. Now those damn Yankess... thats another matter.

Jeff

As I said earlier in this thread:

>As a life-long Cubs fan I'm of course prepared for them to

>totally fold.

They did. :+ But it was a good run while it lasted.

Yankees fans shouldn't be crowing just yet. They've still got game 7 to get through. ;-)

WHAT ABOUT THOSE DAMN YANKEES????? I couldn't be more stunned. One more game to go! Wow. Talk about a ratings giant. I almost think that it is all fixed just to get that 7th game in prime time. And with the dreaded Pedro Martinez vs. Roger Clemens, it's a slam dunk. There are no hurricane force winds today. The whooshing sound you'll hear tonight will be from Boston's bats. Go Yankees.:7

You're right the better of the two teams won, especially if you go on the regular season record as the Cubs had the least wins of any of the NL playoff teams. Florida started off slow, but caught fire after the Allstar game. In addition, imo, the Marlins played in a tougher division with the Braves, Phillies and Expos versus the Cubs with the Astros and a very subpar (unfortunately) Cardinals team.

Congratulations to the Marlins and their fans (hopefully some will show up at the stadium during the WS :o).

Blaming the loss of the series on that fan, is ridiculous. I believe, despite that game, that the Cubs had two other chances to wrap it up after going 3-1, did they not? The real blame is some poor management decisions by Baker and the fact that the Cubs pitching staff decided to take an early vacation.

As a diehard baseball fan, I regret that it won't be the Cubs and Red Sox in the World Series. The prospect of this has driven the TV ratings for the playoff series thru the roof. Unfortunately, that will drop off significantly during the WS and if it is the Yankees and Marlins, it will probably be one of the lowest TV ratings in WS history.

>You're right the better of the two teams won, especially if

>you go on the regular season record as the Cubs had the least

>wins of any of the NL playoff teams. Florida started off

>slow, but caught fire after the Allstar game. In addition,

>imo, the Marlins played in a tougher division with the Braves,

>

>As a diehard baseball fan, I regret that it won't be the Cubs

>and Red Sox in the World Series>

I didn't know that the Red Sox had lost the NLCS yet!

RED SOX SUCK RED SOX SUCK RED SOX SUCK

Once again true to form, the Red Sox have managed to snatch Defeat from the jaws of Victory!!!! :( Doesn't matter, as always, in the 7th game of a series the good old Red Sox find a way to lose, even if it takes extra innings. Root cause, once again, poor management decision by leaving Martinez in just "one inning too long". What the hell is wrong with that manager as it was obvious Martinez was tired and should have been pulled after the 7th innning?

YAWN!!! Another boring series, which the Yankees will most likely win again. My prediction: Yankees win series in 5 games. :(

Anyone up for a decent football game?

And while this parochial exchange reaches its boring climax, the world's biggest sporting event this year - the Rugby World Cup - storms along, with teams from all over the world taking part and an audience that would have the baseball commissioners green with envy.

For those of us outside the USA, the line from Gone With The Wind sums it up:

Frankly, my dear.....(and you can fill in the rest)

ROFL!

Thank you, Kneel, for the chuckle.

I feel sorry for the guy. He did nothing wrong, yet his life is completely a mess.

He's sueing his employer because they gave out his home address & phone number. Last I heard (probably blown over by now) his home was under police protection.

The production team that brought us that cinematic masterpiece GIGLI are planning a movie called FAN INTERVENTION.

All the schlub wanted to do was watch a ballgame and now he's the most wanted man in Chicago, AND HE DID NOTHING WRONG!

Cubs fans blame him for losing the game, but it's the Cubs. They'd just fuck up something else. ;-)

Archived