Etihad Airlines - the promise and the reality

This topic is 2217 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris, the larger the aircraft, the less you feel turbulence. ;)

And the A380 aircraft is really worth the trip on any airline and in any class, a cut above experience.

Now one of these new 'apartments' introduced today by Etihad Airlines with "64-inch sliding door, minibar, personal vanity unit, wardrobe and swiveling TV monitor for viewing from either the seat or the bed" sound like a dream.

[video=youtube;7OqrXXDfTh4]

Edited by Steven_Draker

Do you have one of those bent bottle pee things?

Don't need it! Just hang out…..w a t c h . o u t . b e l o w w w w w

No muss, no fuss.

No makeup mirror, tho. Oh, and wear a coat and scarf. Goggles, too.

Always a,

Funguy

What about one of these? Not all Cessnas are created equal ;)

http://www.cessna.com/en/citation/longitude

Might just have to change from my pedal-pusher to this one……long - and - smooth - and sleek - and warm. And a pot to piss in. Guess you have to have one of those to afford it. Would love to just touch it, maybe stroke it, kiss it.

Bet I could chase down that nasty Red Baron!

Ever Fun

Might just have to change from my pedal-pusher to this one……long - and - smooth - and sleek - and warm. And a pot to piss in. Guess you have to have one of those to afford it. Would love to just touch it, maybe stroke it, kiss it.

Bet I could chase down that nasty Red Baron!

Ever Fun

If you could buy the Cessna, who would your crew be? Pilot (AKA Top Dog), Copilot (BACK UP Stud), and the crew (the SCREWS).

I could fantasize that trip with a whole bunch of different hot guys.

First group---Chris E.(pilot), Ace (co pilot), and Nate SF and Dane Scott to serve the passengers during flight :-)

Boston Bill

I just want to be a steward for one cross-continental flight so I can use the name of a book I read 41 years ago while sitting on a beach on Dunk Island off the coast of Brisbane. The name of the book was "Coffee, Tea or Me."

If you could buy the Cessna, who would your crew be? Pilot (AKA Top Dog), Copilot (BACK UP Stud), and the crew (the SCREWS).

I could fantasize that trip with a whole bunch of different hot guys.

First group---Chris E.(pilot), Ace (co pilot), and Nate SF and Dane Scott to serve the passengers during flight :-)

Boston Bill

All the way with that crew - won't give them turn around time either. Well, turn around, but not turn-around. Can't wait to see the uniforms; open air?

I just want to be a steward for one cross-continental flight so I can use the name of a book I read 41 years ago while sitting on a beach on Dunk Island off the coast of Brisbane. The name of the book was "Coffee, Tea or Me."

Was that the one by/about the stews (ahem, flight attendants)? I want to be a steward whose involved in the flight!

Well my darling, indeed not, but something tells me that you know your way around a Corporate Jet....;) BTW...do any of the boys fly corporate? Cause I can carry your bags.

I did get the chance to fly in a corporate 727 a while ago. :o

These airlines keep trying to shove more and more people into a smaller space.

Actually, in some cases, I think it's more and more people into bigger spaces - hence the new double deckers.

It's telling my age but my first trip to Hawaii was on the Pan Am double decker in the 50's. What fun for a kid!! (of course, Chris, you're still a kid! and I'm still fun!)

These airlines keep trying to shove more and more people into a smaller space.

Aren't they? :)

http://images.smh.com.au/2010/09/17/1932734/Skyrider-Airline-seat--4--600x400.jpg

http://media.treehugger.com/assets/images/2011/10/airplaneseating.jpg http://nycaviation.com/newspage/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/standing-only-hannibal-300x252.jpg

Steven, I've seen that proposed configuration elsewhere. While it complies with FAA regulations (believe it or not), it's doubtful that airlines would actually implement it because no passenger wants to fly that way (golly, you don't say). Sheesh, the airlines would have better luck convincing passengers to spoon together to save space.

Yeah, it is crazy that this product will be one a relatively short hop from London to Abu Dhabi, but I guess that's where all the rich sheikhs are going. Although I guess ultimately it will show up on longer routes as well. Their 787-9's are supposed to have similar F class apartments and business class. And I think that is going to premiere on IAD-AUH and AUH-HKG or something like that.

Steven, I've seen that proposed configuration elsewhere. While it complies with FAA regulations (believe it or not), it's doubtful that airlines would actually implement it because no passenger wants to fly that way (golly, you don't say). Sheesh, the airlines would have better luck convincing passengers to spoon together to save space.

If I could fly with Steven I wouldn't mind spooning. HIS ride might not be comfortable but I'd enjoy the hell out of it. :cool:

• 3 years later...