Gay Couple Wins The Amazing Race

jackhammer91406
This topic is 7557 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Congratulations to Reichen and Chip, a gay married couple for winning The amazing Race (CBS) tonight. In addition to besting many other str8 couples and teams of "friends" in a race over 4 continents, they win 1 million dollars. Their statements at the end of the program about their marriage and being gay, give all gays another reason to be proud tonight. This has been an amazing year on television and in the supreme court for gay people in this country.

I am sure these guys qualify as good gay role models.

:7

I totally agree with you. I was so happy to see them win. I think this year has been the best ever for gays on tv. I think this has progressed our acceptance along leaps and bounds. I will say that I don't always relate to the gays that are being portrayed on tv but I do love watching it all and try to support them as much as I can.

I liked how Chip and Reichen realized right away that Hawaii was in fact the good ole U. S. of A. Many other contestants have trouble with that concept.

Kind of an anti-climactic finale though. And the little note for the last place team had to be a real bummer.

On the other hand I have heard our winners are no longer a couple. I hate when money breaks up a great relationship. }( Perhaps the stresses of the competition revealed too many flaws in the partner?

http://www.instinctmagazine.com/issues/0603/images/june03_cover_side_4.jpg

http://www.instinctmagazine.com/issues/0603/images/june03_cover_side_2.jpg

Anyone want to join ole Reichen and help him plan how to spend the money?

Jeff

Guest Kenny021

"On the other hand I have heard our winners are no longer a couple."

Well, you may have heard it but it was obvious that the "couple" haven't heard it yet because BOTH were on the CBS Morning show this morning AND APPEARED TO BE JUST AS HAPPY as they repeated their statements re: how much they enjoyed the experience, etc.

IF THEY ARE SEPARATED (and from the looks this morning on live TV) they sure as hell put on a good show. They were given a check for one million dollars AND HOLDING HANDS.

>"On the other hand I have heard our winners are no longer a

>couple."

>

>Well, you may have heard it but it was obvious that the

>"couple" haven't heard it yet because BOTH were on the CBS

>Morning show this morning AND APPEARED TO BE JUST AS HAPPY as

>they repeated their statements re: how much they enjoyed the

>experience, etc.

>

>IF THEY ARE SEPARATED (and from the looks this morning on live

>TV) they sure as hell put on a good show. They were given a

>check for one million dollars AND HOLDING HANDS.

Whew--thank god. They are a great couple. And Donnie--why so angry?

Jackhammer, I can't be happy for them because those bastards stole my million dollars. :p You see, Derek and I auditioned for that show 2 years ago, and were called back 2x, but then they decided that they already had one gay couple so we were out. Once again, the hairy guy is a victim of discrimination. x(

Hey Rick - I'm DEFINITELY going to have to hire you!

It's always been one of my fantasies to take a girl doll and shove it into a guy's hole feet first and have only the top of the doll's head and long hair sticking out of the hole, and then have the guy crawl around barking and wagging his tail (which is really the doll's hanging hair) while I yank on it and step on it and braid it, cut it, and then set it on fire.

Which doll would you try for that of the ones you posted? Have you ever had a scene like that before? You like to be called Fido or Rover better?

>while I yank on it

>and step on it and braid it, cut it, and then set it on fire.

I love the fact that, in between the violent actions of stepping on it, cutting it & burning it, you're also going to be braiding it. I would pay to see that. Can you do a french braid or just standard? :p

>Which doll would you try for that of the ones you posted?

Probably Mary-Kate, just to make Ashley jealous. :+

>I love the fact that, in between the violent actions of

>stepping on it, cutting it & burning it, you're also going to

>be braiding it.

Yeah - I'm complex and have many different compoments. Sorry if that bothers you. My violent sadism is only one part of me, not the only part, and I love to intersperse it with acts of concern (such as braiding your dog tail), only to then be followed by even greater violence and gratuitous destruction - God, that gets my dick hard. You into that?

>Can you do a

>french braid or just standard?

I guess you'll have to wait until you're crawling and barking with your wagging doll-hair tail before you find that out, no won't you, Rover?

>Probably Mary-Kate, just to make Ashley jealous.

Come to think of it - the twins are an excellent choice, although I don't think we should leave one out. The idea of you with two dolls shoved up your hole and hanging out of it - rather than just one - is a superb enhancement of my fantasy. Thank you for that suggestion!

>Yeah - I'm complex and have many different compoments. Sorry

>if that bothers you.

No, I think it's sweet. I'd like to see your other "compoments." :p

>My violent sadism is only one part of

>me, not the only part, and I love to intersperse it with acts

>of concern (such as braiding your dog tail),

So you're kind of like a one-man Queer Eye for the Sadomasochistic Guy? :o

>The idea of

>you with two dolls shoved up your hole and hanging out

>of it - rather than just one - is a superb enhancement of my

>fantasy.

Unfortunately, I'll probably only be able to take one of their little legs up there, if even. My hole, she's-a tight. }(

>

>>

>>On the other hand I have heard our winners are no longer a

>>couple.

>

>

>WAIT!!! REALLY???? ARE YOU SURE???? WHERE DID YOU HEAR

>THAT????

>

All it takes is a little research, people.... ever hear of a thing called GOOGLE?

Here's their Advocate interview in which they say they are no longer together (at least as a monogamous "married" couple.)

http://www.advocate.com/html/stories/897/897_amazing.asp

For those who don't want to wade through the entire article (which was posted today- 8/22/03-- here is the pertinent section:

INTERVIEWER Yeah, that’s cool. And speaking of being married: If you were celebrating your one-year anniversary on the show—I don’t know how long you had been together before you got married—but a year’s not really that long. You’re still learning about each other. How did the race affect your relationship?

REICHEN: Well, we had been together for three and a half years before the actual ceremony of February 2 (2002). But the race definitely affected our relationship. It definitely strengthened it on the race—we got to know so much about each other, and winning together was just an amazing experience. Um, but—you know, after the race, there was a lot of stress between us. And we’ve definitely had some relationship problems. And we continue to try to work those problems out.

INTERVIEWER So do you consider yourselves a couple now?

RESPONSE It’s just been an ongoing thing for us. And so we can’t really give you any concrete answer of, you know, “Are you separated? Are you through?” The answer is no. “Are you together?” The answer is, “No, not all the time.” We’re still working things through. It’s been a tough time.

Archived