Annoying word for 2013

wisconsinguy
This topic is 3774 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh wow! I can't believe no one has complained about "oh wow".

"Oh wow" is so passé as to be almost vintage - kind of like "gee whiz." Becomes like a museum piece - sorta retro. Who can be annoyed by that? It's like going to the Smithsonian to study up on the past. A walk down memory lane - like listening to 60's radio.

"Oh wow" is so passé as to be almost vintage - kind of like "gee whiz." Becomes like a museum piece - sorta retro. Who can be annoyed by that? It's like going to the Smithsonian to study up on the past. A walk down memory lane - like listening to 60's radio.
If anyone has watched Antiques RoadShow? After anyone quoted a significant money value, almost 100% will say, "Oh Wow." I have changed channels in order to avoid doing myself in!!!

The Washington Post seems to have something with the word "millenials" which for some reason annoys the f*ck out of me. It's as if they can see how many times the can use such word in their articles.

I, too, can't stand "twerk" since that talent-free skank, Miley Cyrus brought it to the forefront.

TI, too, can't stand "twerk" since that talent-free skank, Miley Cyrus brought it to the forefront.

Although as bad as that was it could have been worse.

What if it were her father who was twerking?? I shudder to think of the possibilities.

Although a slight variation: On why we love English. From George Takei's facebook page.

Why do we love English?

All the faith he had had had had no effect on the outcome of his life

BECAUSE THAT SENTENCE MAKES PERFECT SENSE.

Entirely agree about cheers. When I feel the need of a forced Briticism, I pinch the signoff an English friend always uses: Toodle pip.

Well friends who are Australian use the word cheers or cheers mate, at the end of many communications, and they would be quick to tell you that they are not British...LOL

Archived