On a slow boat to China

Chris Eisenhower
This topic is 3906 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Heading to my very first ocean dive.

(Actually Miami).

If I die, remember that I love you all!

PS: I want to be cremated.

Hey Chris, have fun with the dive. For the record, the weather has really begun to cool. Not sure it will hold, but for now it is mid 80's in the day, humidity is dropping, and nice ocean breezes. AND...should the unthinkable happen, where do we spread the ashes?

Hey Chris, have fun with the dive. For the record, the weather has really begun to cool. Not sure it will hold, but for now it is mid 80's in the day, humidity is dropping, and nice ocean breezes. AND...should the unthinkable happen, where do we spread the ashes?

Yay! I survived. So far we have seen a turtle and a moray eel and all sorts of pretty fish and a shark and a big stingray.

And the GoPro video camera IS NOT RECOMMENDED. Blurry.

Glad you enjoyed the dive... much better in Belize, Grand Cayman, Turks and Caicos and Hawaii. But this was a first for you, so many other wonderful scuba experiences await you. This was my passion ( I should say one of my passions) until sinus and ear issues put a stop to scuba. The memories are so vivid, that it is easy to close my eyes and remember. I am going to attempt to dive again on my next trip to Hawaii but not go as deep as I have before, as I went well below the limits for recreational divers when I was looking for black coral and following some great eels. So enjoy, I am so happy for you.

Glad you enjoyed the dive...

Well, I enjoyed the dive... and the Bonine.

My dive partner wasn't as fortunate. :)

I really wish those videos had turned out right, because we saw some amazing stuff yesterday. Although the dive master scared the fuck out of me when she yelled during the photographic seminar and pointed, and suddenly 4 mantas cruised by. Some of the tropical fish are stunning.

I 'recently returned to diving after having stopped years ago. Took a refresher course and I am looking forward to my first dive as a returnee. Loved the activity for years and then just got busy with other things. What is there not to like about scuba? Great adventures, beautiful natural phenomena, men in tight fitting neoprene suits.

Hey Purple... I agree.... what is not to like and if you dive where the water is warm a lot of guys dive with just speedos, and no wet or dry suits... just that speedo and the scuba gear... when you are back in practice you can "play" under water too... exchange regulators, and a whole lot of other fun things... but you do need warm water !!!!!

Archived