Good restaurants in DC?

elliotpierce
This topic is 3919 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Not quite in the neighborhood you wanted, but Oceanaire is probably the best seafood restaurant in DC. Although part of a chain, it has great fresh seafood, and impeccable service... great place for a celebration...depending on your mood and company !! It is upscale...

El Centro DF if you like Mexican food. The place is on 14th Street. It gets really busy. Don't know if you're a drinker but they have over a 100 variations of tequila.

Happy Birthday by the way.

I won't be able to drink tonight. My birthday is actually tomorrow. I do enjoy tequila, but that place is probably a danger zone for me. Especially since I'm turning 21, haha. Thanks for the birthday wishes!

If you're willing to expand the neighborhoods, try Diplomate at 14th & Q. If you want something really special, one of my favorites is Poste in the Hotel Monaco (near the Verizon Center), or Graffiato (6th Street near the Verzion Center) [great food].

You didn't precise what kind of cuisine, Elliot?

Here's what Urban Spoon says about the top restaurants in Dupont Circle.

1. Lauriol Plaza 85%

$$ Dupont Circle - Mexican, Spanish, Tex-Mex 1835 18th St NW

2. Bistrot Du Coin 87%

$$$ Dupont Circle - European, French, Seafood 1738 Connecticut Ave NW

3. Kramerbooks & Afterwords... 86%

$$$ Dupont Circle - Breakfast/Brunch, Desserts/Ice Cream, Pub Food 1517 Connecticut Ave NW

4. Hank's Oyster Bar 90%

$$ Dupont Circle - American, Seafood 1624 Q St NW

5. Hotel Tabard Inn 89%

$$$$ Dupont Circle - Breakfast/Brunch, Modern American 1739 N St NW

6. Pizzeria Paradiso 88%

$$ Dupont Circle - Italian, Pizza, Sandwiches/Subs 2003 P St NW

7. Zorba's Cafe 93%

$$ Dupont Circle - Greek 1612 20th St NW

8. Sushi Taro 84%

$$$$ Dupont Circle - Japanese, Sushi 1503 17th St NW

9. Raku 86%

$$ Dupont Circle - Asian, Sushi 1900 Q St NW

10. Teaism 89%

$ Dupont Circle - Asian, Breakfast/Brunch, Indian 2009 R St NW

11. Thaiphoon 89%

$$ Dupont Circle - Thai 2011 S St NW

12. Circa 81%

$$ Dupont Circle - American 1601 Connecticut Ave NW

13. Scion Restaurant 84%

$$ Dupont Circle - Breakfast/Brunch, Gastropub, Modern American 2100 P St NW

14. Komi 88%

$$$$ Dupont Circle - Greek, Modern American 1509 17th St NW

15. Mandu 89%

$$ Dupont Circle - Asian, Korean 1805 18th St NW

16. Mr. Yogato 93%

$ Dupont Circle - Desserts/Ice Cream 1515 17th St NW

17. Sakana Japanese 95%

$$ Dupont Circle - Japanese 2026 P St NW

18. Restaurant Nora 93%

$$$$ Dupont Circle - American, Vegetarian, Organic 2132 Florida Ave NW

19. Firefly 86%

$$$ Dupont Circle - American 1310 New Hampshire Ave NW

20. Agora Restaurant 92%

$$$ Dupont Circle - Greek, Mediterranean, Turkish 1527 17th St Northwest

http://www.urbanspoon.com/n/7/620/DC/Dupont-Circle-restaurants

Happy Birthday !

I had a wonderful dinner a few weeks ago with Mike Cruise and Chris Eisenhower at Hank's Oyster Bar. Mike & Chris enjoyed their meals too. I would certainly recommend Hank's. And I know you love seafood (I witnessed that myself). I was definitely left at meh at Firefly, so for the price, I'd skip that. Although Urbana, in the Kimpton Palomar is a wonderful restaurant too. I've had quite a few good meals there.

You had me thrown for a loop, cause I knew your birthday was tomorrow. Damn, I knew I forgot to do something last week. Birthday spanks. Damn. I guess I'll have to send them via proxy to Dane.

Happy Birthday Elliot. Make it a good one. But for God's sake, go out and at least buy one drink tomorrow.

Thank you all! I don't have a preferred type of cuisine. I'll pretty much eat anything, haha. Thanks for all the birthday wishes... Even though it isn't till tomorrow. Just doing the dinner tonight.

And LBT, I'll be purchasing my first drink at the stroke of midnight tonight. ;)

The Capital Grille...upscale dining and fabulous steak at a DC power restaurant.

Art & Soul...415 New Jersey Av...upscale southern cuisine from famous gay celebrity chef Art Smith (Top Chef Masters, etc).

Reservations at both restaurants highly recommended.

Enjoy and HB...

ED

Thank you all! I don't have a preferred type of cuisine. I'll pretty much eat anything, haha. Thanks for all the birthday wishes... Even though it isn't till tomorrow. Just doing the dinner tonight.

And LBT, I'll be purchasing my first drink at the stroke of midnight tonight. ;)

Happy Birthday my friend.....Enjoy the evening and if it is not too late...Fresh Fluff has exquisite taste. I am sure that Georgia Brown's would be amazing. I love the description; "The best low country food outside of South Carolina"... As for me, I have always been partial to "Bourban Steak", a Michael Mina restaurant....Have fun.

Hummm.... half late and half advice, bud... sorry: there is a VERY Excellent "French" place in George Town, cannot recall the name (not because of the lack of refinement, been two years)... you'll glimpse the "press cops" there and people of some news worthy note there...

Guest verymarried

My work has not taken me to DC in a long time, but I used to go often and would really like catching something like a salad and fish and a glass of wine in the back of a really nice bookstore at Dupont Circle. The eye candy was usually fun too. Does anyone know if the combo restaurant/bookstore is still there?

Guest verymarried

Oh okay. I guess I have bad taste. Sorry. It was a fun place for a single to slip in and have a salad and read and watch cute people. It wasn't Per Se but I thought it was fun.

There was a thread about this last year

so when i was there in December i went to 1. Lauriol Plaza 85%

$$ Dupont Circle - Mexican, Spanish, Tex-Mex 1835 18th St NW

I liked it alot.

I stayed at the Dupont circle Hotel, I didn't eat there but went to the bar for a bit, it was very

nice there and the apps people were eating looked very good.

When I stayed near Capitol Hill I always liked going to Mr. Henry's (nothing fancy, just good home cooking),

but that's not close to Dupont circle

Oh okay. I guess I have bad taste. Sorry. It was a fun place for a single to slip in and have a salad and read and watch cute people. It wasn't Per Se but I thought it was fun.

Awwww. I didn't mean to offend. Actually lots of people, including my friends love it. I hate it with a passion though. Lol.

Archived