Miami March 5-8

EZEtoGRU
This topic is 4062 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Quick trip to MIA last week. Twist was very busy on Tuesday and Wednesday.....probably due to Winter Party. A few new dancers from Italy, Argentina, and Venezuela as well as the well known regulars. Swinging Richards had a great line-up on Thursday.....and it was also very busy. Hot Stock dancer Randy is dancing there through the end of the month. Multiple new dancers.....including a hot blond Argentinian. Quite a few twink/fem dancers as well. More than I have ever seen at Swinging Richards. Even a celebrity patron in attendance. All in all, a great night.

PS: Why do the North Miami Beach cops park themselves in the SR parking lot? Is it just a convenient place to park until they get a call....or are they waiting to catch drunk patrons from SR's?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is suspect it is the latter. Given all the legal hassels that SR had, I am sure they are just hoping to make a few arrests and cause guys to stay away. But, it's also possible that SR wants them there to make sure there are no hassels from anyone else. Would be nice if one of our local guys could find out from the management and let us know.

Quick trip to MIA last week. Twist was very busy on Tuesday and Wednesday.....probably due to Winter Party. A few new dancers from Italy, Argentina, and Venezuela as well as the well known regulars. Swinging Richards had a great line-up on Thursday.....and it was also very busy. Hot Stock dancer Randy is dancing there through the end of the month. Multiple new dancers.....including a hot blond Argentinian. Quite a few twink/fem dancers as well. More than I have ever seen at Swinging Richards. Even a celebrity patron in attendance. All in all, a great night.

PS: Why do the North Miami Beach cops park themselves in the SR parking lot? Is it just a convenient place to park until they get a call....or are they waiting to catch drunk patrons from SR's?

My guess is that DD is correct, they are trying to catch drunk patrons. I noticed that the very first time I went. They were actually backed in and sitting in the dark. I only saw them because I could see a little light reflecting off the glass of the headlights. They were clearly hiding...Heading there next week and I will certainly inquire and get back to everyone.

HI EZE,

Glad to read your report from S. Fla...sounds like things have improved recently - maybe the Winter Party brought out more dancers.

Did the new blond Argentinian go by the name Sebastian ? There was a shorter blond Argentine who was there during my last visit - and curious if it's the same guy.

Did you see Roland, Alfie or Armani - all three are also on the Stockbar and Adonis NYC circuit and get to SR in Miami as well -

How about the muscle bound doorman from SR - ? I'm hoping that twinks don't take over at SR...

Great comments/questions all. I agree with DD and BVB. The cops are probably harrassing patrons at SR's. I hope the bar is filming the cops there every night to complain of harassment. BVB, let us know what you find out. Brett.....Alfie was there as well as the hunky front door guy (who never dances dammit). I was also dismayed at the quantity of twink dancers. Thankfully there were numerous manly men as well. No huge muscle however. Roland and Armani were not there although Armani is still running his RB ad.

Peace.

I go just about every week. The cops are always there. I've seen from 1 to 4 cars At times. But I have never had an issue with them. I have never seen them out of their cars. I've had brief conversations with a couple of boys about them, and they have never had problems. I think as long as you don't fall on your face walking out, or leave rubber driving out of there, they wont bother you.

FYI...I have been talking to several FL residents, and correct me if I am wrong, but I have been told that drunk driving penalties in the state are horrendous. Sharing the cost by taking a cab or hiring a town car with two or three friends can make the run from Fort Lauderdale to SR something that is doable, and it makes the evening stress free and more enjoyable...Cheers

I go just about every week. The cops are always there. I've seen from 1 to 4 cars At times. But I have never had an issue with them. I have never seen them out of their cars. I've had brief conversations with a couple of boys about them, and they have never had problems. I think as long as you don't fall on your face walking out, or leave rubber driving out of there, they wont bother you.

Good to know that you have seen no problems with the cops trav1. Still odd that they park there. I Had a "driver" when I went last week so it was not an issue for me.... But still concernining nonetheless.

Good to know that you have seen no problems with the cops trav1. Still odd that they park there. I Had a "driver" when I went last week so it was not an issue for me.... But still concernining nonetheless.

Just an update. I've been told by SR's that the NMB police that sit in the parking lot are there to protect customers rather than to harass them. They say the NMB mayor is going out of the way to make sure the club is well-protected. SR's signs-out the NMB cops in the AM when the club closes. I am taking all this at face value unless someone reports they have had issues with the cops in the parking lot.

Just an update. I've been told by SR's that the NMB police that sit in the parking lot are there to protect customers rather than to harass them. They say the NMB mayor is going out of the way to make sure the club is well-protected. SR's signs-out the NMB cops in the AM when the club closes. I am taking all this at face value unless someone reports they have had issues with the cops in the parking lot.

Interesting EZE...this of course is good to know. I am still unwilling to drive there and have a few drinks and walk to my car with the police in the lot and drive home though. SR is in a pretty nice location, from what I could tell. It would be interesting to know if customers have been harassed there in the past. I know the club and the city have had issues in the past, perhaps this added protection was a result of meetings between SR and the city.

Interesting EZE...this of course is good to know. I am still unwilling to drive there and have a few drinks and walk to my car with the police in the lot and drive home though. SR is in a pretty nice location, from what I could tell. It would be interesting to know if customers have been harassed there in the past. I know the club and the city have had issues in the past, perhaps this added protection was a result of meetings between SR and the city.

I too am interested in knowing if anyone has been harassed. I left SR's last night at about 11:30pm and the police were NOT in the parking lot. I had consumed only two beers so I wasn't concerned even if they were there. BTW, one of the dancers mentioned to me that SR's is considering setting up some kind of shuttle service to Fort Lauderdale and another to South Beach. This would be fantastic if they could do this. For me, the biggest downside of SR's is the location.........basically not near much of anything except Aventura. It's a haul to get to either Miami or to Fort Lauderdale and that raises the DUI risks which, like you, I'm not willing to take.

Bozo just returned from his third trip to South Florida in 3 months. He was at Swinging Richards four times last week, and never saw the Police in or near the club. In fact, he can't recall seeing the Police in either of his other two trips this winter....

Are they in unmarked cars or in Police vehicles?

Bozo

I've seen both cruisers and unmarked cars. When I left last Thursday at midnight, there were 3 cars there.

All the cars I have seen are marked police cars. Twice it appeared to me that they were trying not to be seen, but that is just an assumption on my part. The parking lot is long and narrow. I have only seen them at the far end in the dark.

But FYI....South Florida has numerous unmarked police cars. They are everywhere in Fort Lauderdale. Most are the white Dodge Challengers, very generic looking, but I have seen police in unmarked older Chevrolet Impalas that look just like a "Fleet" rental from the airport. All of them have tinted windows all the way around and the only thing that gives them away is the 6 inch high antenna mounted right in the middle of the back trunk. If you look carefull through the tinted windows you can see the big computer mounted on a bracket coming off the dash, but by the time you see that it is probably too late...lol

I too am interested in knowing if anyone has been harassed. I left SR's last night at about 11:30pm and the police were NOT in the parking lot. I had consumed only two beers so I wasn't concerned even if they were there. BTW, one of the dancers mentioned to me that SR's is considering setting up some kind of shuttle service to Fort Lauderdale and another to South Beach. This would be fantastic if they could do this. For me, the biggest downside of SR's is the location.........basically not near much of anything except Aventura. It's a haul to get to either Miami or to Fort Lauderdale and that raises the DUI risks which, like you, I'm not willing to take.

A shuttle would be fantastic. Despite my little melt down on the forum last week and swearing never to return, I have calmed down after a friend of mine slapped me back into reality. So yes a shuttle would be nice. I always consume more than two drinks, so driving is not an option. Hiring a town car or taxi and sharing the cost with two or three friends is very affordable.

I've seen both cruisers and unmarked cars. When I left last Thursday at midnight, there were 3 cars there.

I've seen only marked cars in the parking lot. As BVB mentioned, they always park at the far end. Management told me they only have them there on the weekend......which isn't entirely true. The last time I saw them in the parking lot, it was a Thursday. Perhaps SR's considers Thurs, Fri, Sat, & Sun to all be part of the "weekend". I'll likely go again tonight so we'll see if they are there on a Wednesday.

BTW, Off-topic.....Twist was a blast last night! Must have been 12-14 dancers there. Really hopping for a Tuesday night.

I regret to inform that, in the end, I did not make it to SR's last night. Therefore no Wednesday report. I did go on Monday however......it was painfully quiet. 3 dancers......although a fourth arrived around 11:00. The staff told me there would not likely be any more dancers arriving. Only a handful of customers the whole time I was there. I'm not sure why they started opening on Mondays. Never made sense to me. I give it 1-2 more months before they stop the Monday night thing. I would not return on a Monday unless it gets much busier.

I regret to inform that, in the end, I did not make it to SR's last night. Therefore no Wednesday report. I did go on Monday however......it was painfully quiet. 3 dancers......although a fourth arrived around 11:00. The staff told me there would not likely be any more dancers arriving. Only a handful of customers the whole time I was there. I'm not sure why they started opening on Mondays. Never made sense to me. I give it 1-2 more months before they stop the Monday night thing. I would not return on a Monday unless it gets much busier.

3 dancers? Boy that is painful, and probably a bit depressing. I actually like it when it is crowded. The boys are in better spirits, because they are making more money, and they have more customers to work. It is a little uncomfortable when there are only a handful of customers for them to concentrate on.

I was at Dudes the other night (I know, no need to say it) but there were 3 dancers the bartender and me...lol It was really kinda funny.

I was at Dudes the other night (I know, no need to say it) but there were 3 dancers the bartender and me...lol It was really kinda funny.

I give you credit BVB for doing your part to keep Dudes going. I know it's your "local" so you have a vested interest. Hopefully it will finally take off. Last time I was there (years ago) there was a hot Argentine muscle boy dancer there. We had oodles of fun in the back room dance area. However it was strange cause there was hardly anyone there. I don't know how they keep going. It might be the happy hour crowd that pays the bills.

I give you credit BVB for doing your part to keep Dudes going. I know it's your "local" so you have a vested interest. Hopefully it will finally take off. Last time I was there (years ago) there was a hot Argentine muscle boy dancer there. We had oodles of fun in the back room dance area. However it was strange cause there was hardly anyone there. I don't know how they keep going. It might be the happy hour crowd that pays the bills.

Sadly I think that it will die a quiet death as a dance bar, But the 'happy hour' crowd is amazing, literally standing room only. 2 or 3 nights a week (not positive cause I never really inquired) they have the piano bar going, and it is packed...packed with old queens dressed in plaid pants, white belts and white shoes, with there shirt unbuttoned down to their navel and gold chains around their neck, shakin their hips to old 'Donna Summer' songs. My friend turned to me and said, "Ya know that's gonna be you and me someday, and it ain't gonna be pretty"

Sadly I think that it will die a quiet death as a dance bar, But the 'happy hour' crowd is amazing, literally standing room only. 2 or 3 nights a week (not positive cause I never really inquired) they have the piano bar going, and it is packed...packed with old queens dressed in plaid pants, white belts and white shoes, with there shirt unbuttoned down to their navel and gold chains around their neck, shakin their hips to old 'Donna Summer' songs. My friend turned to me and said, "Ya know that's gonna be you and me someday, and it ain't gonna be pretty"

yeah........gotta love those wrinkle room bars. The music is awesome. I was at Georgie's Alibi in St. Petersburg about a month ago and it was the same as you described with Dudes (well without the piano). They were playing MacArthur Park by Donna Summer and the patrons were loving it. LOL.

A shuttle would be fantastic. Despite my little melt down on the forum last week and swearing never to return, I have calmed down after a friend of mine slapped me back into reality. So yes a shuttle would be nice. I always consume more than two drinks, so driving is not an option. Hiring a town car or taxi and sharing the cost with two or three friends is very affordable.

They are advertising shuttle service from Fort Lauderdale on Friday Nights

http://www.jumponmarkslist.com/sites/default/files/us-fl-mia-bars-swinging-richards-male-nude-strip-club-north-miami-beach_adsl1.jpg

They are advertising shuttle service from Fort Lauderdale on Friday Nights

http://www.jumponmarkslist.com/sites/default/files/us-fl-mia-bars-swinging-richards-male-nude-strip-club-north-miami-beach_adsl1.jpg

Hey Stripfan, I just saw this. Thanks for the post. I actually was at the Sunday pool party at the Royal Palms the other day, and several people told me about it. Apparently it is a very good deal. Cab fare to Wilton Manors is only about 10 dollars from my place, so that makes the run into SR very doable, and very safe for the drinking and driving issue. The Royal Palms is thinking about doing something similar a little further down the road, when they get a few more properties developed....."Hope springs eternal"

I am going to give the shuttle a shot, so I will report on the convenience and comfort of the ride into SR...

I'm back in Miami for a quick visit this week so I thought I would do an update. I went to Twist on Tuesday and both Swinging Richards and Twist on Wednesday.

TUESDAY AT TWIST

Good fun. My favorite Diego from Uruguay was back from his trip. Fairly quiet night. Maybe 8 dancers only two of whom were muscular (the aforementioned Diego as well as William the carmel-colored Venezuelan). All the dancers were either from Latin America or Europe (Spain and Italy). The bar never got really busy but they had a steady crowd most of the time I was there. Frank the bartender was working and gave great service as always.

WEDNESDAY AT SWINGING RICHARDS

I arrived very early at 8:30pm. There were already 3-4 patrons at the bar but no-one dancing yet. The first dancer went on just before 9pm. For the first hour, they had only 3 dancers then by 10pm a whole bunch more showed up. I guess they had about 15 guys eventually including some real hotties of the more masculine pursuasion. A new (well new to me) short muscle guy from Cuba was hot as were Dimitri and Kevin. Javier from Argentina was there and did a great show. I did not see any of the Stock Montreal Trio (Alfie, Roland, Randy) at Swinging Richards on Wednesday. Maybe they have headed back to Montreal?? Only one twink dancing that I could see. Very different from my prior visit when they had lots of skinny twink-type guys. I saw very very few lapdances going on and I did not see anyone go into the champagne room areas even though the club was more crowded than I expected for a Wednesday. Several women in attendance.....all of whom were well-behaved. No police cars in the parking lot when I left at midnight.

WEDNESDAY AT TWIST

I guess I left SR's at about midnight and headed to Twist. Very very busy at Twist. Busier than I enjoy really. Lots of dancers (15 maybe). One of the dancers told me the manager sent three dancers home that night cause he felt there were too many of them. Most the guys from Tuesday were there as well as Jordanian Ferraz, A Spanish muscle guy, a long-haired black American with a huge schlong, Mark the muscle guy from MS, two muscled Italians, and a swimmers build Argentine. Nice mix of dancers. I only stayed just over an hour but had a great time. I am always facinated that Twist attracts so many more muscle guys than Swinging Richards.

In order to avoid any DUI risk, I did taxi's the whole night which ended up costing me a pretty penny since I am based in Coral Gables this visit. Better safe than sorry!

Tonight is my last night. I have a "date" but we might end up at Swinging Richards at some point. I will report back if anything notable occurs.

Archived