Santa Monica Boulevard

Lucky
This topic is 2537 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I met 2 guys at Numbers in 1991 when I first moved from NYC to LA. One guy was incredibly hot, muscular, handsome and hung--and bat shit crazy. The sex was great, but getting rid of him turned out to be a hassle. I visited Rounds in NYC only once. Agree with you about Giuliani.

Santa Monica Blvd. in the early 1990s did have quite a lot of street action, but I wisely chose not to partake.

But what about the other guy?

Gman

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last time I was in Fort Lauderdale (the early 1990's) I stayed at the Marlin Beach Hotel on A1A - does anyone remember that place? There were hustlers to be found along the side street of the hotel. Unfortunately, I picked the wrong hustler who promptly robbed me. I think they tore the Marlin down and I seriously doubt there's much hustling going on streetwise now. Working boys in the USA outside of the Internet are hard to find nowadays - except maybe in New Orleans.

• 3 weeks later...

The bar at the Marlin Beach was the place to meet hustlers...I stayed there late 80s and was propositioned continuously throughout the evening by a series of older gentlemen who kept buying me drinks... ( I was a puppy back then). Several young men like myself were working the place for more than drinks. I can't imagine there isn't SOME equivalent today. Can't ALL be internet hustling !

• 1 month later...

You guys are lazy. You have to spend two or three hours to find something acceptable to service or seed. You need to want it. There are still plenty of smooth clean boys and cds that are desperate enough for a seeding from a 60 year old. But you really have to lower your standards compared to 25 or 30 years ago. Really lower your standards.

• 4 months later...

I moved to L.A. in the Summer of 1985 and can remember all the hotties walking along Santa Monica Blvd. at all times of the day and night. Since I was young and stupid, I would pick up maybe one a week. We'd go to some fleabag hotel he was staying in and I'd suck him off. Sometimes he had nowhere to go so we'd find a quiet side street and I'd do him in the car. Other times I'd take him into a gay bar, buy him a drink and suck him off in the restroom. I was so bad. But there were some really hot guys with prominent bulges which made me moist and lowered my inhibitions. I wouldn't pick someone up on the street now for anything, but those remain fun memories.

I went to Numbers LA once as a younger guy. Even then I was into hustlers. I had no idea how anything worked. After hovering between the tables and the bar, one older guy tried to pick me up and I fled in panic. Can I go back for a do over?

last time I was in numbers was several years ago. I had dinner there and then sat at the bar. I made the error of leaving my drink on the bar while I went to the bathroom. Someone slipped something in there and when I came back I could start feeling woozy. Naturally, my whole perceptions were off. I ended up hiring two guys and then driving them back to the hotel....stupidest thing I ever did. I was a mess and it was a miracle I made it back there without damage. Then I left them in my room while I went to the ATM. I guess I should feel lucky as they both gave me their loads and left after payment. It could have been worse. After they left, I vomited for 20 minutes and passed out. Lessons learned the hard way....

• 4 weeks later...
mbF:

You probably have to dig a little deeper than just Sunset Blvd. or SMB. There is a street called Lexington one block north of SMB and it runs parallel to it. Lexington starts on the east side of LaBrea and goes as far as Western. The meat of this lobster claw is probably going to be around Vine and Lexington. There's a Dollar Tree and Taco Bell. Taco Bell (it's open 24hrs.) and surrounding block might have what you're looking for. I have amassed a huge collection of travel size Mennen Speed Stick and Colgate toothpaste as I sometimes just happen to be driving by Dollar Tree heading home. It also has a varied customer base.

Bear in mind this is 2016 and the area is not crawling with James Dean look-a-likes but Taco Bell, depending on what you like, won't disappoint in the people watching department. Just don't sit down in there.

Thanks for the info, might to see someday.

• 5 weeks later...

Ha that's funny. Yes San Diego was a nice place in the old days. It has been destroyed. It seemed like you used to be able to service or get serviced in almost any town. There used to be an adult book store on Lower State Street in Santa Barbara. Perhaps it is still there. I remember getting serviced by a decent looking older guy. Just as I was about to cum, I pulled out and beat off all over the disgusting floor. The poor guy let out a groan, but damned if he didn't get further down on his hands and knees and lap it up like a dog. Truly pathetic. What great times.

last time I was in numbers was several years ago. I had dinner there and then sat at the bar. I made the error of leaving my drink on the bar while I went to the bathroom. Someone slipped something in there and when I came back I could start feeling woozy. Naturally, my whole perceptions were off. I ended up hiring two guys and then driving them back to the hotel....stupidest thing I ever did. I was a mess and it was a miracle I made it back there without damage. Then I left them in my room while I went to the ATM. I guess I should feel lucky as they both gave me their loads and left after payment. It could have been worse. After they left, I vomited for 20 minutes and passed out. Lessons learned the hard way....

I moved to L.A. in the Summer of 1985 and can remember all the hotties walking along Santa Monica Blvd. at all times of the day and night. Since I was young and stupid, I would pick up maybe one a week. We'd go to some fleabag hotel he was staying in and I'd suck him off. Sometimes he had nowhere to go so we'd find a quiet side street and I'd do him in the car. Other times I'd take him into a gay bar, buy him a drink and suck him off in the restroom. I was so bad. But there were some really hot guys with prominent bulges which made me moist and lowered my inhibitions. I wouldn't pick someone up on the street now for anything, but those remain fun memories.

"Mmmmmemories . . . like the corners of my mind . . ." Thanks for the candid share.

I should probably Google around more first but I figured if I post here I might get links plus some behind-the-scenes dope: Why did Spotlight (Cahuenga & Selma) close? I'd gather the reasons at least include "gentrification" but it's taken a long time for the new development that's going on in and around that property to come to fruition.

Owner moved to Las Vegas where he opened.... Wait for it... "The Spotlight Lounge" Not as seedy as the original, but tends to the same type of crowd. The owner is still kicking around just not nearly as much air in his tires.

Good place to go after Fabulously Funny Fridays!

http://img0.svcdn.lasvegas.com/v3/cache/lasvegas/8B85AFA3049B0AA6308A93D861BDDBA8.jpg

I should probably Google around more first but I figured if I post here I might get links plus some behind-the-scenes dope: Why did Spotlight (Cahuenga & Selma) close? I'd gather the reasons at least include "gentrification" but it's taken a long time for the new development that's going on in and around that property to come to fruition.

Owner moved to Las Vegas where he opened.... Wait for it... "The Spotlight Lounge" Not as seedy as the original, but tends to the same type of crowd. The owner is still kicking around just not nearly as much air in his tires.

Good place to go after Fabulously Funny Fridays!

http://img0.svcdn.lasvegas.com/v3/cache/lasvegas/8B85AFA3049B0AA6308A93D861BDDBA8.jpg

I didn't think the original was that seedy. But maybe I caught it on a quiet night. If I can sneak away from the friends, I may drop in for an adult bevie when I am in town in July.

Hugs,

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

Don had opened the Spotlight in Vegas and had always planned on spending his remaining days there, so unfortunately when gentrification hit that stretch of Cahuenga, most landlords saw dollar signs, and the owner of the Spotlight wouldn't renew his lease, so Don moved on. Gentrification in Hollywood is mostly BS. Lots of promises few realities. That said, I adored the old girl, it was a nice place to hang my hat. It was family. You could always count on a good drink, and a welcoming smile, and when someone said "Good to see ya" they meant it, but the reality was that Hollywood had changed, the street scene had changed, hell the world had changed, and I guess in my heart I knew it was time for me to change also. I would give anything to go back to those days. Life was simpler, happier, less complicated, and I was unencumbered by all the bullshit in life, but the world doesn't operate to my benefit, so like Don, I moved on also, but the memories...ahhh the memories, I wouldn't have changed a thing.

http://images2.laweekly.com/imager/peter-palladinos-famous-picture-of-the-sp/u/original/4244592/155470_1402120386468_1636095572_855747_2018854_n.jpg

Glad to know the old man is still around. I always promised myself that I'd make the run to Vegas, and pop in on him one of these days just to surprise him, and for old times sake. God willing...

Thanks, @bigvalboy.

It always seemed like such an "odd," interesting location for such a bar: Completely away from WeHo with no similar establishments (except perhaps the also now-gone Hollywood Spa) nearby. Do you know anything about the locale choice? Was Don's choice a random function of where he found real estate, or was it a purposeful desire to have a bar outside of WeHo? (Of course, now with what's going on in DTLA there are more options. But my understanding is that, at the time it opened this bar's location was noteworthy.)

Thanks, @bigvalboy.

It always seemed like such an "odd," interesting location for such a bar: Completely away from WeHo with no similar establishments (except perhaps the also now-gone Hollywood Spa) nearby. Do you know anything about the locale choice? Was Don's choice a random function of where he found real estate, or was it a purposeful desire to have a bar outside of WeHo? (Of course, now with what's going on in DTLA there are more options. But my understanding is that, at the time it opened this bar's location was noteworthy.)

Don, despite his physical limitations, was a clever businessman. Kind to a fault, but shrewd. He knew Hollywood was not WEHO. The street scene in Hollywood back in the day, was infamous especially around Selma and Cahuenga. "The Spot" as it was affectionately called, catered to a clientele seeking rent-boys and street hustlers that were a little rough around the edges and a bit scandalous. The Spotlight was a destination, not a place you happened to stumble into. It worked because of the neighborhood, and Don capitalized on that.

The street scene in Hollywood back in the day, was infamous especially around Selma and Cahuenga. "The Spot" as it was affectionately called, catered to a clientele seeking rent-boys and street hustlers that were a little rough around the edges and a bit scandalous.

Apropos of little other than recalling Eddie Murphy picking up a call girlboy on the Boulevard and discussion of "scandal" . . . LOL . . .

I live in this area of Hollywood. A (handsome, young-ish white guy) friend of mine was waiting for me at my place to return from an errand recently. While waiting, a (young, black guy) passerby asked if he wanted a BJ. Out. Of. The. Blue. When my friend declined, the passerby asked if my friend gave BJs and if so could he get one. LOL. My friend is straight.

In the words of Kool & the Gang, "Hollywoooooood Hollywood swingin' . . ."

(I included reference to skin color only for purported salaciousness. Like Michael Bay tells us, "Sex it up." LOL.)

.I live in this area of Hollywood.

In the words of Kool & the Gang, "Hollywoooooood Hollywood swingin' . . ."

I envy you. You've probably guessed, that used to be my old stomping grounds also. For reasons, too many to count, I wound up three thousand miles away in FTL. No complaints mind you, but I'd give almost anything to move back. For all it's flaws and bad press, Hollywood is still very pricey real estate. It is exciting, eclectic, and like no other place on the planet, and the weather...ahhhh the weather, pure magic when the hot desert winds start blowin. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the memories. I found The Gold Coast on one of my first visits to LA. My favorite visit was a night a group of sailors arrived. Gorgeous hunks all. I never thought I would have a chance until one in the group came by and stood beside me and without any small talk said he wanted to go back to my hotel. He did and spent the night. Dropped him off the next morning after breakfast at the Farmers Market. Never had that kind of approach before or since.

• 2 weeks later...

"a group of sailors arrived"

Maybe one of you guys can answer a question I've had for years. One of the few times I've been in LA I was driving around looking for someplace and came upon a small open square block that was full of sailors. Just standing around. Anybody know what that was all about? Bus pickup?

Archived