Coffee?

BostonPhil
This topic is 4355 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually enjoy one cup in the morning, and one cup in the afternoon. My favorite is a breakfast blend, basically half regular, half decaf, sweetened with stevia (or similar) and french vanilla powdered creamer. Bout ready to have my afternoon cup too! I rarely buy a cup of coffee anywhere, because I don't like the blends or they don't have a cream to make it palitable.

But my favorite hot beverage is tea....black, green, white, red, herb.....name it, and I probably love it. One of my particular favorites is African Rooibos.

Can't believe the thread has gone this far without the old (and accurate!) wheeze that a good cup of coffee is like a good man -- hot, strong, black and rich.

Well Adam I must say I have been with alot of Great guys that were Poor, not black, puny, and average.....:D

Milk and sugar until my first summer job out of high school. The crew I worked with only drank coffee black and, to my surprise, I found I couldn't go back to the sweet stuff. I'll drink a latte occasionally, but, to me, it's not coffee, it's a coffee flavored hot drink.

Unfortunately, this little town I live in doesn't have a restaurant with decent coffee, just that bland, bitter stuff. Coffee houses spoiled me for regular American swill, I guess.

I like darker roasts of coffee, usually with cream and sweetener (sad but true, I'm more used to the taste of Sweet And Low than I am to real sugar, though I'm not opposed to real sugar either) - often I'll experiment with added flavor syrups, etc, or sometimes a bit of cinnamon. Same for iced coffee.

My other beverage of choice is iced tea, which I have with just lemon. (But it has to be from an actual fresh lemon - I hate the artificial taste of the lemon flavoring used in pre-bottled teas.)

I've also gotten in the habit of making the homemade version of a Greek iced coffee drink called a frappe ("frap-pay") which is actually made with instant coffee (there's even a specific Greek brand of Nescafe that is recommended for the drink) - you shake or blend the coffee (and sweetener) in water to make a froth, then add cream, water, and ice to fill the glass. I spent a summer in Greece when I was in my 20's, and got hooked on these!

I made some coffee that was way too dark last night and I tried to add sugar to it. I used to load up my coffee with tons of sugar and cream, but now adding sugar just didn’t taste right anymore. I guess I’m a officially a black coffee drinker now.

Archived