My favorite Places to travel!

Atlantagaguy
This topic is 4395 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Here are some on my Favorite places to travel to. What are some of yours?

1. Mykonos Greece

2. Barcelona/Sitges Spain

3. New York City

4. Montreal/ Quebec City

5. Prague

6. Berlin

7. Ft Lauderdale

8. San Francisco

9. Vancouver

10. San Diego

11. London

I am doing this in hopes to get new ideals for my next trip. I need a mix of history/Architecture/nightlife. As you can see I am not a total beach person.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of the above are great.... but Hawaii is still the best. Even if you are not a beach person, there is so much history there and wonderful places to go to hike, study the stars, etc. What about Sydney and the rest of Australia... wonderful times, and also some great places in South America, although I would skip Mexico now with all the problems they are having.

All of the above are great.... but Hawaii is still the best. Even if you are not a beach person, there is so much history there and wonderful places to go to hike, study the stars, etc. What about Sydney and the rest of Australia... wonderful times, and also some great places in South America, although I would skip Mexico now with all the problems they are having.

I have been to Hawaii, all of the Islands, Not a big fan. It was a beautiful trip, After 3 weeks I still could not get adjusted to the time zone. I want to go to Sydney and many areas in asia. Not sure if i can be on a plane that long!

I have been to Hawaii, all of the Islands, Not a big fan. It was a beautiful trip, After 3 weeks I still could not get adjusted to the time zone. I want to go to Sydney and many areas in asia. Not sure if i can be on a plane that long!

I love Maui, however, I experienced the same issue with adjusting to the time zone. This is new to me as it's never been an issue in the past. Rome, Florence and really anywhere in Italy always gets me going. I have been throughout Ireland several times and there is certainly nice history there.

I would not be willing to fly to Asia or Australia unless I flew first class. Even then I would hesitate due to the flying time.

I love to travel here are some of the places that I continue returning to are in alphabetical order:

Florence

London

Maui

New York

Puerto Vallarta

Venice

Here are some places I want to visit in the future in alphabetical order:

Charleston

Florida Keys

St. Petersburg

Michigan Upper Peninsula

Montreal

Amish Country

True, and for this Kauai is the best of the islands.

Kevin Slater

Kauai is fantastic, of course, but I have to put a plug in for the Big Island for variety other than beach stuff...was there for the first time about three years ago (had been to the other islands before this) and was entirely impressed with the things to do/see - astronomy, pre- and post-Euro history, ranching, active volcanoes, etc....Hawaii is always a great and relatively easy destination.....each island has its own mood

Here are some places I want to visit in the future in alphabetical order:

Charleston....

Epigonos.....Let me know if you ever make it to CharlesTowne. I would love to drive over there and enjoy supper with you at one of my favorite downtown restaurants. Yummmmm!

Hey....we share several common loves as far as travel. Last year, I spent about a month in southern Africa, loved loved loved it. Particularly enjoyed the safari, Vic Falls, and Johannesburg, but I heard so much great commentary on Cape Town that I would love to visit there and hope to do so soon.

1. Mykonos Greece

3. New York City

4. Montreal/ Quebec City

5. Prague

6. Berlin

7. Ft Lauderdale

8. San Francisco

9. Vancouver

10. San Diego

11. London

I am doing this in hopes to get new ideals for my next trip. I need a mix of history/Architecture/nightlife. As you can see I am not a total beach person.

AG: I have been to everyplace on your list except Barcelona and Prague. I am heading to Barcelona in about a month. I have Prague high on my list. However, not seeing any of Italy on your list, and that you "need history, architecture, nightlife" there is only one place: Rome, Rom, Roma. You cannot exhaust it (although it might exhaust you). It is endlessly fascinating. I love to see it with my favorite Roman boy, especially on the back of his motorcycle. He can take you to places that tourists don't always go. Some naughty, and some nice.

AG: I have been to everyplace on your list except Barcelona and Prague. I am heading to Barcelona in about a month. I have Prague high on my list. However, not seeing any of Italy on your list, and that you "need history, architecture, nightlife" there is only one place: Rome, Rom, Roma. You cannot exhaust it (although it might exhaust you). It is endlessly fascinating. I love to see it with my favorite Roman boy, especially on the back of his motorcycle. He can take you to places that tourists don't always go. Some naughty, and some nice.

Thank you for your suggestion! Rome is on my short list!

Hey....we share several common loves as far as travel. Last year, I spent about a month in southern Africa, loved loved loved it. Particularly enjoyed the safari, Vic Falls, and Johannesburg, but I heard so much great commentary on Cape Town that I would love to visit there and hope to do so soon.

Cape Town is wonderful. On my favorite places ever list.

Thank you for your suggestion! Rome is on my short list!

Rome is awesome. The sites, ruins, restaurants and the people. May or September are the best months. The only drawback is the hotel quality (stayed at the Albergo Cesari, terrible rooms but an unbeatable location) and the cost of everything. Even the 5 star hotels were lacking.

Interesting thread Atlantagaguy..some of my favs, besides Atlanta of course is:

Greek Isles

Almalfi Coast

Bangkok

Montreal

Vancouver

Rome

Milan

Venice

and at home, there are too many to list, but the favs are:

The Florida Keys

San Francisco

Carmel/Big Sur

Lake Havasu

Yosemite/Yellowstone

Aspen Co.....

1. Mykonos Greece

3. New York City

4. Montreal/ Quebec City

5. Prague

6. Berlin

7. Ft Lauderdale

8. San Francisco

9. Vancouver

10. San Diego

11. London

I have the opportunity to travel to Barcelona in August. I have been to Spain before, but not Barcelona. I know that August is one of the worst months to visit; Is it worth it or should I wait for another chance?

My favorite places to travel are listed below.

* Bangkok

* Barcelona

* Berlin

* Buenos Aires

* London

• Los Angeles

• New York City

• Paris

• Prague

• Rio de janeiro

• San Francisco [1.5 hours away from me]

• Sydney

As SF Westcoaster mentioned in his post, he loves anywhere in Italy. For me it is similar, but I'd love to return to Tuscany and the Amalfi Coast!

I'd also like to return to Vancouver [on the West Coast] and venture to Montreal and Toronto [East Coast] for the first time.

So many places...

I have been to thousands of places (because my career has been traveling by air) and I can truthfully say that I found something to like about each and every one, even Frobisher Bay in the winter where it was -35. :) However and therefore, scenery is nice and interesting things to do are nice but what "makes it for me" is the people I meet. I can always find someone to "visit pleasantly with" if only for 5 minutes, anywhere. So, NZ, where I have several friends of long standing is high on my list of places to be and visit but also so is Leesburg, FL where some of my "favorite" relatives live. If you gave me a million dollars and said spend it all on traveling I certainly could do so and would have a list a mile long of places to go (again) but, in the meantime, I am happy to wake up tomorrow and see where I am going (on business) for surely I will find something and someone interesting there whenever I arrive. :)

Best regards,

KMEM

I have the opportunity to travel to Barcelona in August. I have been to Spain before, but not Barcelona. I know that August is one of the worst months to visit; Is it worth it or should I wait for another chance?

I am not sure about the best months to visit. If you do go to Barcelona, take a train for the day to Sitges. Old fishing village now beach town, Gay friendly and charming.

If you do go to Barcelona, take a train for the day to Sitges. Old fishing village now beach town, Gay friendly and charming.

Archived