Weho Hotels: Need Suggestions

Boston Guy
This topic is 7793 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hi -

The Ramada on Santa Monica has rooms that fulfill all of these criteria. The normal rooms don't have couches, but most of the suites do. They've recently added high-speed Internet access and also offer Web TV.

They're located at 8585 Santa Monica Blvd, one-half block west of La Cienega. It's sort of "ground zero."

You can call the 800 number for Ramada or the hotel directly -- 310-652-6400. Tell them you need a room with a couch.

Normal rooms can definitely be had for under $100 at this time of the year; not sure what you'll find for the suites.

Good luck and have fun!

BG

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tomcal_

Boston guy is right, very hard to find anything decent in W.Hollywood area for under $150. a night unless you go to the more seedy motels on Sunset, I live in Orange county, but often stay on a Friday night in W.Hollywood, just did this past Friday and the Ramada was $123. for a room with everything you described.

i've always stayed at the ramada inn on santa monica, also, but it's been about 3 yrs since i've been out there. they have a slight discount on the rate if you belong to triple A. it is nice, and convenient.

Answers You May Get

> Another dumb question

There are no dumb questions. Only short tempered answers, and hopefully rarely.

http://www.intellicast.com has the best ten day forecast I have found. Generally, you can wear shorts in the daytime but you will require at least a sweater to a light jacket in the evenings. Remember that Los Angeles is very casual, but a few dining establishments may require dressier attire. Khaki slacks and sweaters should do you fine.

It is against the law to smoke inside any buildings in California, even by opening a window from your hotel room.

If you can spring for slightly more than $100 a night, you might consider some of the Sunset Strip hotels, such as the Hyatt.

Also call the City of West Hollywood Convention and Visitors Bureau at (800) 368-6020 - http://www.visitwest hollywood.com - and request that they send you a copy of their travel planner, maps, etc. Many of the member hotels offer discounts. Web sites and numbers will be listed. If you have any more specific questions once you have considered your alternatives, feel free to private message me.

Personally, I think the Ramada is fine but you can do better for a slight increase if what you can find yourself paying for the Ramada. Last year, at this time, a room could be had at the Ramada for $79 a night.

Good luck!

RE: Answers You May Get

>

>It is against the law to smoke inside any buildings in

>California, even by opening a window from your hotel room.

>

Now that's an exaggeration - but only just ...

... and even if you are outside don't assume that it's OK to smoke until you have checked all applicable local ordinances and exactly how far you are from any entrance / window / air intake to the nearest building.

Essentially, when in California you should refrain from smoking unless you are in a "designated smoking area" - I believe that the nearest one might be Nevada. :)

>>

>Essentially, when in California you should refrain from

>smoking unless you are in a "designated smoking area" - I

>believe that the nearest one might be Nevada. :)

I agree, State line is probably the nearby place for smokers :) . We are currently are the murder capital of the country, have had the most violent riots in the country, we have the most bank robberies per day in the country, we feature freeway shootings, freeway killings, follow me home murders, some of the most violent gangs in the country and the highest stranger abductions in the country ... then there are the earthquakes, fires and floods ... so don't harm me with your second hand smoke }(

>I agree, State line is probably the nearby place for smokers

>:) . We are currently are the murder capital of the country,

>have had the most violent riots in the country, we have the

>most bank robberies per day in the country, we feature freeway

>shootings, freeway killings, follow me home murders, some of

>the most violent gangs in the country and the highest stranger

>abductions in the country ... then there are the earthquakes,

>fires and floods ... so don't harm me with your second hand

>smoke }(

As cute and funny as that may sound, second hand smoke has killed and cost taxpayers many times more inh lives and dollars than all the riots, murders,MVA, etc., that may have occurred in this state.

I have wondered for years what a "smoker' would do if I were invited to his home and brought with me a little stick of burning incense as I walked in the door, or a better analogy, those little tar-like button sized smoke pills you find around 4th of July that when lit, give off an offensive smoke and create a long worm-like ash as they burn--who would ever tolerate that either in their home or the work place, yet "smokers" for some reason, seem put out that others find their little stick of burning and smoke trailing tobacco offensive! -- Go figure :+

Guest ncm2169

FYI, I stayed at a Marriott up in the West Valley last October. When I made my reservation, I was asked if I preferred smoking or non-smoking. ;-) When I arrived, my slotted room was unavailable and I was upgraded to a non-smoking suite in which, I was assured, I could smoke my cigars if I "left the patio door open a little." :*

Methinks there's some inconsistencies in La LA Land. (Now, THERE'S a surprise!) :+

Guest JackLA

Ramada is definitely always a bullet-proof suggestion. Right in the heart of West Hollywood and within walking distance of everything. Not sure about the smoking stuff, but know West Hollywood has some tight laws on that. Just to be sure, if you pick the Ramada reserve a room with a balcony (also good for cruising). Another good choice is the San Vicente Inn. Bed and Breakfast feel, all gay, pool, and good location. You might also want to look on hotels.com and see if the Bel Age is running any specials. That is definitely one of the nicest most upscale places in town (all rooms are mini-suites with balconies), and often they have some bargain deals available. The rooftop pool and jacuzzi with views of all LA are also killer.

Guest ncm2169

Hey guyz, BIG thanks for all the help! (Even the smoking comments x( ).

This is a good example (among many others) of how Hoovillians are really nice and helpful guys.:*

Keep posting suggestions! I have some time before I need to make final plans. The more help the better. :7

>

>Hey guys,

>

>I think a client mentioned staying at either a Wyndham or

>Summerfield Suites(can't rememeber which) in WeHo. Any words

>on those?

>

It is in fact the Wyndham Summerfield Suites. Nice, very large rooms in a convenient location for a decent price. No eyebrows are raised when you bring boys to your room either.

;-)

The Bel Age is great.Upgrade to a suite if you can-all have balconies with a table and chairs.Corner rooms on a high floor give you great views.Go to quikbook.com for some great rates(check with the wyndam site to ssee whch is lowest)I have als stayed at the Ramada-HATED IT,tacky mid seventies disco furniture al the rooms had an odd smell about them,horrid staff.

There is a smaller hotel at the corner of Cynthia and Larabee That has changed its name-I don't remember the new name,quikbook has them listed.Sommerfield suited are supposed to be pretty good.

Please check out Cafe L'etoile while you are in town-great for brunch or dinner.You will also be near the Numbers resto-bar,food is OK(order simple)and the eye candy can be inspiring.

Location wise it's impossible to beat the Ramada but if you want a posh hotel suite try the Bel Age. It's at LaCienega and Sunset right in WeHo. In fact it's the only 4 star hotel listed on Priceline for West Hollywood so bidding and rebidding should be no problem if you use this site http://pub109.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding for a guide...even Hooboy recommends this site. I saw recently it went for $75...compared to the rack rate of $300.

Funny thing ncm2169 is last year I asked the same question about hotels and restaurants in WeHo and the M4M guys came through like true champs. :7

When my eyes glanced at this thread last week-- lights flashed brightly in my head: this topic was discussed at length last spring, I think! But since the 'ives are easy at times to access and difficult at other times (in seeking really specific information), I can see why the originator sought out-and-out assistance instead of becoming frustrated in attempting to get the needed advice via using the archives!

Guest ncm2169

I'm planning a weekend trip to LA next month, and it will be convenient to stay at a hotel in or near Weho. If I had to "write my ticket", here's what it would be: Decent but not "high end", both a couch and king-size bed, in-room internet access, a window that opens (I smoke cigars and need to "air the place out";), a shower big enough for two :p , at a rate of less than $100/night (Thursday through Saturday). Any suggestions from you guyz out there in La La Land?:o

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ncm2169

Les, I'd LOVE to use this "bidding" site, but how in the HELL do you use it? I registered, and now I can't find a goddamn thing about hotels or anything. Any clues??

Guest ncm2169

I take that back...I did find more info. I mean, I'm not computer/online illiterate, but Jesus, it will take me until I leave for LAX in 3 weeks to read all that shit!!x( Thanks for the suggestion, tho, and if you have any advice for EZ use of the site, I'd sure appreciate it!:o

Archived