It should be fairly safe to post now.

Guy Fawkes
This topic is 4477 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

When I was unable to access the first site I go to every day, I realised how much pleasure and satisfaction I get from your hard work. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very, very much for not only restoring the site but for all the work you do EVERY day.

making sure your guys (Forum members) were without access for the absolute minimum amount of time.

Ok folks, I confess ... I was busy the last few days and wasn't checking the Forum on a daily basis. Today I've got a cryptic email saying "m4m-forum.org What happened?"

Now reading this thread, it all makes sense. Thank you, Daddy for keeping this place neat and sane.

Steven ~

Acknowledging, of course, that sometimes you post at your own risk! :)

I used to make fun of the Windows 95 shutdown message.

These days, "shutdown" actually shuts down your computer but in those days you'd "shutdown" Windows and wait for a screen saying "It is now safe to turn off your computer", implying of course that you've been in grave danger all day long.

Is anyone getting email notifications when a thread you have responded to gets another post? I haven't been. Is there something I need to re-register for or will the new software not accommodate this feature?

Check your subscription settings in the control panel. If I recall correctly, the default when this feature was introduced was a little aggressive (such as you describe), so that's what you had if you never set anything. Sounds like they may have cranked the default back a little.

Check your subscription settings in the control panel. If I recall correctly, the default when this feature was introduced was a little aggressive (such as you describe), so that's what you had if you never set anything. Sounds like they may have cranked the default back a little.

I don't see 'Control panel' anywhere, but click on 'Settings' (upper right corner), then on that page find 'My Account - general settings' (left column). The General settings page contains a 'Default Thread Subscription Mode' with email notification options.

www.companyofmen.org[/url] , I get a "closed" message. But when I go to Daddysreviews first then click on forum, it opens the forum pages.. Why is this happening?

Your browser has cached the closed sign. It *should* expire with time and self-correct.

If you're impatient (or if it's actually stuck) clear your browser's history and/or toss your cookies. They're variously named and variously located in the plethora of browsers used to access the site.

Thanks Deej. I checked my settings and everything is as it was before the upgrade the other day but still no emails on responses the threads. I did get an email when a PM was sent. Not a biggie but something someone may want to check.

Your browser has cached the closed sign. It *should* expire with time and self-correct.

If you're impatient (or if it's actually stuck) clear your browser's history and/or toss your cookies. They're variously named and variously located in the plethora of browsers used to access the site.

I set Firefox to never allow cookies (I have to accept them on the sites I navigate to) and I've wiped my 17 MB of cache and I'm still getting the Closed sign at m4m-forum.org. If I type http://www.companyofmen.org, I go to the site. So adding the www. solved the issue...

Archived