Boardwalk, Johnny's Fort Lauderdale, Swinging Richards & Johnny's Miami In 1 Night

Jake
This topic is 4149 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

They had twins at SR's Friday night. I didnt get any info on them, but I dont think the $140.00 was causing them any problems. They were kept quite busy.

$140 for both for 15?

I have to agree with most others... the price structure at SR's keeps me away. It's a beautiful club. Great looking guys the time we went. But good ol' American capitalism... give me the same product for half the price, you win. For $140, you can spend an eternity in the back at the other Ft Lauderdale clubs. Or you're in the same price range as a more relaxing hour at your hotel. And now with all the Montreal clubs offering $10 dances (and I had lots of "private room" style fun for $10 a song)... it's nearly impossible to justify SR's rates. If SR hires Zac Efron, I'll reconsider. :)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what's the going rate for a private dance at Boardwalk these days? And is it like in Montreal where you should be keeping close tabs on it rather than the dancer?!

Since there's no privacy (no curtains, customers can see into the room, AND a there's a creepy kid there as a room monitor), I never do private dances at BW. Rate I'm not sure... I'd imagine you can negotiate. If I've been interested in a guy there, I usually discuss an appointment the next day. Only a couple have said no.

AND a there's a creepy kid there as a room monitor), I never do private dances at BW.

Yeah that kid is creepy. He just sits there starring across the room, pretending to be on his phone. SO I stopped doing privates. They are 20 bucks a pop....way too much! You do have to keep track of the songs or they will quickly hit you up for 60-80 dollars.

I am not sure why the victory of Swinging Richards in North Miami to continure to serve booze and have nude dancers is in the news again. It is noted that Swinging Richards and the two straight clubs are grandfathered and no new clubs will be allowed.

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/gay-male-strip-north-miami-beach-wins-battle-have-nude-dancers-and-alcohol101012

http://www.southfloridagaynews.com/news/local-news/7505-gay-miami-strip-club-swinging-richards-wins-stunning-victory-against-the-city.html

SR also notes the victory on their web site: http://florida.swingingrichards.com/

Since there's no privacy (no curtains, customers can see into the room, AND a there's a creepy kid there as a room monitor), I never do private dances at BW. Rate I'm not sure... I'd imagine you can negotiate. If I've been interested in a guy there, I usually discuss an appointment the next day. Only a couple have said no.

Can you please elaborate (or PM me) about the next day appointment.....details please so I can learn ;-)....try to PM you but somehow not being able to...thanks

I was at Boardwalk and Johnny's last Thursday and Sunday nights. On Sunday at Boarwalk, I saw Ricky. He's an italian muscled guys from Rhode Island. He's a nice guy and looks great. I did a private dance with him and it helped that we were the only ones in the room so i felt like we had SOME privacy. The room monitor kid wasn't present for most of the time private dance. Scroll down to see Ricky under the ad for Wednesday night: http://boardwalkbarxxx.com/bar/bar_main.html

http://boardwalkbarxxx.com/bar/bar_main.html

Jake was working both nights at Johnny's in Ft Laud. He had previously worked at the Johnny's in Miami. He's a muscled Colombia guy from NY. He's probably a little bit bigger than in the pic below. I had a private dance with him too, and you definately have alot more privacy at Johnny's. Clink on the link, click on the 7 below and he's the guy in the middle with the light chest hair: http://www.johnnysbarfl.com/index.asp?siteId=20

http://www.johnnysbarfl.com/index.asp?siteId=20

I like muscle guys and Jake is the only muscle guy at Johnny's and the only reason I went there. Bottom line is both guys are nice, easy to talk to, and not pushy at all. I didnt feel rushed either.

I also try to avoid Swinging Richards now. I think their rates for private shows are ridiculous, and not to mention the dancers arent as friendly or approachable.

• 3 months later...

Bozo is just back from south Florida :cool:.

Bozo agrees wholeheartedly with mikefl81. Jake from NYC at Johnny's is almost worth the price of admission himself. He's very muscular and a nice guy as well, although he did get into some a la carte pricing with Bozo in the lap dance room. Roman is another very muscular light-skinned Latino that dances at Johnny's. Bozo didn't get a chance to sample Roman's skills and talents as he was quite busy. Other than those two standout studs, the offerings at Johnny's are basically the same it has been for years - effeminate, limp-wristed twinks. Add to that, the incredibly annoying, whiny drag queen/emcees. Ugh!! The two early shift shirtless bartenders on the weekend both provided some much needed eye candy - one was a cute muscular blonde, and the other was a handsome Asian with a really tight body and ass. Too bad they weren't out on stage instead of all of the queenie types.

Boardwalk Bar continues to deteriorate. A number of their dancers should have been shipped off to the old age home a long time ago. If you enjoy ogling at mostly average looking Latino guys, some as old as your grandfather, with ordinary bodies, Boardwalk is your place. There were a couple of guys that did have worked-out bodies, but since the lap dance area is a small room with uncomfortable massage chairs peeling at the fringes, closely monitored by a hermaphrodite dwarf, one is basically limited to gawking and talking with the guys.

Swinging Richards in Aventura continues to outshine and outclass it's much older sisters in Fort Lauderdale. SR's is upscale and elegant. The boys are a wide range of body types (and penis sizes :)), although the more muscular ones clearly predominate there. Seats are comfy swivel chairs with cushions. There is high-tech lighting with an elevated stage in the middle of a large room, so there's not a bad seat in the house. The stage has a pole that reaches the ceiling which allows the boys to display their flexibility and acrobatic skills. Thankfully, there are no obnoxious, squealing drag queens at Swinging Richards. As stated in previous posts, full nudity IS allowed at Swinging Richards. Also, the high ceilings in SR's help ventilate the toxic cigarette smoke that seems to permeate the air at every male strip club in south Florida. Drinks were surprisingly reasonable, and lap dances will set you back twenty bucks; however, there is little privacy in SR's communal lap dance room. If you desire privacy, then your only option is one of the costly VIP rooms which will set you back $140+tip for 15 minutes of pleasure with your favorite boy. Finally, if you show up late on the weekend, don't expect to get a seat. This weekend it was SRO each night by around 10:00 PM.

Bozo

Bozo is just back from south Florida :cool:.

Bozo agrees wholeheartedly with mikefl81. Jake from NYC at Johnny's is almost worth the price of admission himself. He's very muscular and a nice guy as well, although he did get into some a la carte pricing with Bozo in the lap dance room. Roman is another very muscular light-skinned Latino that dances at Johnny's. Bozo didn't get a chance to sample Roman's skills and talents as he was quite busy. Other than those two standout studs, the offerings at Johnny's are basically the same it has been for years - effeminate, limp-wristed twinks. Add to that, the incredibly annoying, whiny drag queen/emcees. Ugh!! The two early shift shirtless bartenders on the weekend both provided some much needed eye candy - one was a cute muscular blonde, and the other was a handsome Asian with a really tight body and ass. Too bad they weren't out on stage instead of all of the queenie types.

Boardwalk Bar continues to deteriorate. A number of their dancers should have been shipped off to the old age home a long time ago. If you enjoy ogling at mostly average looking Latino guys, some as old as your grandfather, with ordinary bodies, Boardwalk is your place. There were a couple of guys that did have worked-out bodies, but since the lap dance area is a small room with uncomfortable massage chairs peeling at the fringes, closely monitored by a hermaphrodite dwarf, one is basically limited to gawking and talking with the guys.

Swinging Richards in Aventura continues to outshine and outclass it's much older sisters in Fort Lauderdale. SR's is upscale and elegant. The boys are a wide range of body types (and penis sizes :)), although the more muscular ones clearly predominate there. Seats are comfy swivel chairs with cushions. There is high-tech lighting with an elevated stage in the middle of a large room, so there's not a bad seat in the house. The stage has a pole that reaches the ceiling which allows the boys to display their flexibility and acrobatic skills. Thankfully, there are no obnoxious, squealing drag queens at Swinging Richards. As stated in previous posts, full nudity IS allowed at Swinging Richards. Also, the high ceilings in SR's help ventilate the toxic cigarette smoke that seems to permeate the air at every male strip club in south Florida. Drinks were surprisingly reasonable, and lap dances will set you back twenty bucks; however, there is little privacy in SR's communal lap dance room. If you desire privacy, then your only option is one of the costly VIP rooms which will set you back $140+tip for 15 minutes of pleasure with your favorite boy. Finally, if you show up late on the weekend, don't expect to get a seat. This weekend it was SRO each night by around 10:00 PM.

Bozo

Well I have mixed feelings about this one. Yeah he keeps texting me, but he is definitely trying to work me, so for now he is a pass. I got the upsell in the lap dance as well. I will be living there in a week or so. Perhaps then I will get the real lay of the land. I am down on the Boardwalk and Johnnys is just OK...not sure what I will do once I am actually living there. Maybe make a run to SR and just get a hotel close by and spend the night. Almost cheaper than trying to go back and forth to Lauderdale.

BTC I have a question. Is the music at Johnny's still overpoweringly loud? Frankly, it's too loud at most the strip clubs....but Johnny's always seemed particularly bad.

Thanks for the very thorough report.

I'm not BOZO, but here is my 2 cents... a few weeks ago, about half way through the show, they really cranked it up. It was so loud that I could feel the bar vibrating under my hands. My friend just couldn't take it and we left. I have a higher tolerance, and if I was alone, I most likely would have stayed, despite the fact that Jake was seriously 'working me'...and I was on my second trip to the ATM, which almost never happens at Johnny's. lol

I'm not BOZO, but here is my 2 cents... a few weeks ago, about half way through the show, they really cranked it up. It was so loud that I could feel the bar vibrating under my hands. My friend just couldn't take it and we left. I have a higher tolerance, and if I was alone, I most likely would have stayed, despite the fact that Jake was seriously 'working me'...and I was on my second trip to the ATM, which almost never happens at Johnny's. lol

Thanks BVB. I never understood why Johnny's wants to blast everyone out of the bar with the very loud music. I hardly ever go there but a few years ago I popped in. Between the smoke and the high decibel music, I had to leave very quickly. I wonder how many customers a night are driven out of the place due to the loud music.

Thanks BVB. I never understood why Johnny's wants to blast everyone out of the bar with the very loud music. I hardly ever go there but a few years ago I popped in. Between the smoke and the high decibel music, I had to leave very quickly. I wonder how many customers a night are driven out of the place due to the excessively loud music?

Thanks BVB. I never understood why Johnny's wants to blast everyone out of the bar with the very loud music. I hardly ever go there but a few years ago I popped in. Between the smoke and the high decibel music, I had to leave very quickly. I wonder how many customers a night are driven out of the place due to the excessively loud music?
I've had mixed success with asking the MC to lower the volume at Johnny's when it gets too loud...sometimes they accommodate me, sometimes not. Early on, I wrote to the owner about this and he promised to monitor things; even made good on a promise of a free top-shelf drink the next time I came in. But they're not consistent.

BTC I have a question. Is the music at Johnny's still overpoweringly loud? Frankly, it's too loud at most the strip clubs....but Johnny's always seemed particularly bad.

Thanks for the very thorough report.

Hey EZE,

I spent almost all of my time in the side room sitting at the bar admiring the hunky shirtless bartenders. It's much more pleasurable there. It's far less crowded, the decibel level is much lower, the cigarette smoke seems less toxic, and there are no screechy-voiced drag queens to have to listen to. Frankly, I can't stay in the main room longer than about 5 minutes before my clothing starts to reek of tobacco and my eardrums begin to vibrate involuntarily from the noise (some call it music) level.

Bozo

I agree with mikefl81! I met Jake when he first won a contest at Boardwalk a few years back. He was super nice then and incredibly accommodating to my muscle worship in the bar! Interesting that he has moved to Johnny's - where I never go. But if Boardwalk is as bad as is being reported, I guess I'll have to look for someplace new!

I went to Boardwalk last Saturday and almost walked right out again because of the screeching singing of the drag queen. Why on earth do Florida strip club owners thing we want to see or hear drag queens when we're going to see the dancers. I thought my ears were going to bleed and actually put my fingers in them for a few minutes until it stopped. Thankfully the drag was over and they went back to the dancers and the music ws not quite as loud. There were some friendly dancers who were generous in showing off their goods at the bar but I refuse to go in the back room because there's really no privacy and the chairs are so uncomfortable. Rafael is still there with that amazing bubble butt and a few others that made the rest of the visit worthwhile.

I am always surprised when I see guys go to the back for a private dance there. What's the point? Any Boardwalk guys I've had an interest in (not often lately), I offer to hang out later. I guess there's no financial incentive for Boardwalk to step it up... it's the guys who make that money since there's no house cut of a private dance. Boardwalk has become a pregame spot at best.

I thought I'd quickly add another datapoint. I was at Swinging Richards Miami last night. I went with a "date"...... as I often do. We arrived around 10pm and departed at about 1:00am. The club was fairly busy from 10 till midnight with about half the chairs occupied with patrons. I would say there were 15-20 dancers there....many of the same ones that I have been seeing during the last year. I note that Alfie from StockBar has made his annual trip down from Montreal to spend the winter in Florida and dance at SR's. There were a few new guys I had never seen. One was a black Brazilian/Canadian. He was not too tall and I would say well into his 30s but in good shape. He said he used to dance at the Gaiety so I guess he has been dancing for a while. The other newbie was a young American kid named Johnny. Not sure where he was from but he had a decent body. No new knockouts to report as far as the dancers go however.

The club really emptied out after midnight which kind of surprised me. Overall a decent night but not out of this world.

I had planned to get to Twist on Tuesday night but my flight from Houston was cancelled. I was then re-routed via DFW and ended up getting into Miami 7 hours late which screwed my plans for Tuesday. I really like Twist on Tuesday nights as it is quieter and not too smokey. Oh well.....I'll get there next time!

Swinging Richards will be open 7 nights a week starting Feb.11

I have to say this surprised me. The dancers already complain that they make no money on Tues/Weds nights. Now adding Monday as well? I can't imagine why they are doing this......but I hope it works out for the club and the dancers.

Archived