There's an APP for that...

Cooper
This topic is 4513 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally, I purchased legally in Belgium my new iPhone4S (overpriced in Europe) and I'm making some progress too.

The QR code scanner App is cool.

http://a1.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/034/Purple/79/e0/ae/mzl.uydzlxdt.320x480-75.jpg

Grindr is still probably numero uno. The Skype App for iPhone and being able to make a video conference call when you're in the middle of nowhere is an amazing tool. I'm enjoying my new gadget very much.

As a side note, Siri is a sexy male voice in the French version and when asked about sex, he/she/it keeps dodging the question.

I'm an android user who evidently was not taking full advantage of my phone. Thanks to everyone for the app suggestions.

I finally downloaded Scruff after reading another thread in the Lounge. My question: Does everyone act like a moron the first few days they have the app or is it just me? I find myself glued to the phone as I walk down the street, continually hitting the reload button. I used to despise phone-addicted pedestrians and now I am one. There's not much of a sexual aspect to it - it's just fascinating to see the pictures on the screen move around as I walk about town. Then I see guys that are zero feet away from me and I just stop and look around, like a complete buffoon. Yesterday I saw a particularly juicy chap 0 feet away and I stopped to look around. Didn't see him. I wanted to yell "Christian Christian...are you here? Do you want a blow job?" but I didn't think that would go over too well in the middle of Dupont Circle.

Staying on topic... "Pulse"... added... Thanks!

Sorry Cooper. I just wanted to correct that misconception since many people using Apple products aren't aware of what's available for Android. If it came out as snotty or off topic, it wasn't my intention.

Sorry Cooper. I just wanted to correct that misconception since many people using Apple products aren't aware of what's available for Android. If it came out as snotty or off topic, it wasn't my intention.

Sparky, comment was not intended for you.

Thanks again for your suggestions... I must have added over 100 APPS in the past 2 days... Was at Evolve/Adonis last night with a few non-iPhone friends. Showed them my "APPS" and let them play with them :-)... Dictating a text message was a big hit along with reading bar-codes and locking/unlocking my car doors... Siri was able to answer one of our questions... Seems I'm recharging the battery more frequently.

Get used to *that* idea. :)

Some things you do will absolutely guzzle battery life. Most GPS-type apps, if left to run continually, will make the battery meter drop visibly while you watch. Social apps like Grindr, which have their own internal chat mechanisms, also tend to drink battery life.

Turn off location services for apps that don't need it and you can stretch battery life a little. Grindr, etc., clearly need location services but Angry Birds not so much. :cool:

coop - two more. there is a flashlight app that is quite useful. I don't use it much, but it has definitely come in handy on several occasions. On the fun side, I only have one game downloaded - hit tennis 2, which is a tennis game that uses the finger tracking functionality to let you play tennis with a computer generated opponent. The graphics are basic, but it is completely addictive.

In LA, Starbucks has plugs and coffee - all for the price of coffee.

There are "power towers" at some gates at LAX as well (United?), so I'd imagine they're at other airports as well. They're just kiosks with power cables of all flavor available for the using.

There are "power towers" at some gates at LAX as well (United?), so I'd imagine they're at other airports as well. They're just kiosks with power cables of all flavor available for the using.
I was in DFW last week and saw a Samsung Android power tower in the middle of the seats at my gate. Every phone plugged into that tower was an iPhone!

Archived