How Will YOU Be Spending the Christmas Holiday?

JackTwist
This topic is 4557 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hope they have snow in Park City. I was there last weekend and there wasn't a lot of snow. Flying back to SLC on Friday and hope to find some snow.

Funny you should mention that...exactly what I was thinking. But I told the guys that just being away will be nice enough even if the snow is not great. Where is your favorite place to ski in SLC?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am curious how you like to prepare your elk? It is such a lean meat, many people that I know that cook it tend to make it on the dry side.

Good luck on the hunt!!

Thanks for the good wishes on the hunt. I've got some recreation property East of Park City and we've always got deer, moose, and elk wandering through the area. Really think I'll get one this year.

I typically have the meat cut into steaks, stew meat, and then use the left-overs for jerky. I've done the steaks on the grill but really prefer cook the meat in a dutch oven. I've always had it some out nice and tender.

I firmly believe the whole key to getting good meat is doing the proper field dressing. Makes all the difference.

Funny you should mention that...exactly what I was thinking. But I told the guys that just being away will be nice enough even if the snow is not great. Where is your favorite place to ski in SLC?

I really like Deer Valley. Not as crowded as some of the other places.

But, probably one of the best ski bargains is Snow Basin near Ogden. Their season pass is half the price of other places. Not really that crowded during the week or on Sunday (when all the Mormons are in church).

Snow Basin near Ogden.

getting off topic here, but gotta say the fanciest, most luxurious bathrooms I've ever encountered were at Snow Basin....I think the then-new owner (Little America guy) upgraded the place for the Olympics....

by the way, I'll be hiking and backpacking on Xmas weekend

Gentlemen, do you have Christmas Weekend plans? I'm curious how all of our friends here in hooville will be celebrating the holiday?

I'll be having a rather busy Christmas holiday. On Christmas Eve we'll be celebrting with my brother's family in Antwerp; on Christmas Day I'll be hosting at home in Brussels my Mom, brother and sister-in-law. The following day I'll be spending with friends and will catch a new movie in the theater. On New Year's Eve I'm hosting friends at home and on January 1st I'm going out; there's a traditional dance party with over 3000 crazy people. Here it is for a celebration ...

Since I was "outed" by my soon to be ex wife this summer, it is going to be a fluid and evolving day. Son is coming home from NYC for a long weekend while his GF is spending the day with her family out of state. Since I have been working at a national upscale retailer for the holidays, I drew the 10 to 8 shift on Christmas Eve. Store closes at 6 and then we have to close up the registers. Probably meet the son for late dinner Christmas Eve then on Christmas Day separate present openings, the traditional afternoon movie and then I have heard rumors ex is preparing prime rib dinner. I will make everything else. As we go through this transitional year, it will allow us to establish a new set of traditions for subsequent years. One good thing, I won't have lingering credit card and store charges for the gifts I now don't have to buy the soon to be ex.

Making my annual trek up to Pittsburgh, PA today to spend Christmas Day with my only sister and her family. I'll stay in the Pittsburg area for a few days after Christmas and fly back to New Orleans mid-week. I'm in the New Orleans Airport right now as I type this, waiting on a delayed AA flight, with a boarding area filled with anxious passengers and a couple of screaming babies!. Ahhh, the joys of flying during the holidays. Tis the season!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all my dear Forum Friends.

Archived