Why do Women Like Gay Men

gcursor
This topic is 4592 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Yes GC, all those reasons and more. I have several female friends who just totally confide in me, especially in regards to advice about the boyfriends. I think that they feel my opinion is based solely on what they really should do in a particular situation, because I do not have any other motives. Straight guys are generally less sensitive and most likely would take the boyfriends side, where as with me it is like talking to one of there girlfriends only from a mans point of view. We do go to WEHO alot to clubs, usually on ladies night out, minus the boyfriends, because they say that going to gay clubs is more fun and no pressure, because they know that they will not get hit on, so they can just relax have fun and talk and dance with a room full of hot men, without the worry of some guy getting the wrong message and trying to take them home... What's not to like? What do I get out of all this? well there is nothing hotter than walking into a gay club at my age with 2 or 3 hot young women in tow. All eyes are usually on me and sometimes I feel like a celebrity, especially being older and having these hot 25 year old girls with me. And before anyone says anything, is that shallow? YOU BET, but I am having a blast!!!

interesting bvb

So bigvalboy, does any of it have to do with the women feel that gay guys are non-threatening in nature? Because I've started noticing that many like the friendship without having to worry about if they want to throw them in bed one night and have some sex.

gc

Yes GC, all those reasons and more. I have several female friends who just totally confide in me, especially in regards to advice about the boyfriends. I think that they feel my opinion is based solely on what they really should do in a particular situation, because I do not have any other motives. Straight guys are generally less sensitive and most likely would take the boyfriends side, where as with me it is like talking to one of there girlfriends only from a mans point of view. We do go to WEHO alot to clubs, usually on ladies night out, minus the boyfriends, because they say that going to gay clubs is more fun and no pressure, because they know that they will not get hit on, so they can just relax have fun and talk and dance with a room full of hot men, without the worry of some guy getting the wrong message and trying to take them home... What's not to like? What do I get out of all this? well there is nothing hotter than walking into a gay club at my age with 2 or 3 hot young women in tow. All eyes are usually on me and sometimes I feel like a celebrity, especially being older and having these hot 25 year old girls with me. And before anyone says anything, is that shallow? YOU BET, but I am having a blast!!!

So bigvalboy, does any of it have to do with the women feel that gay guys are non-threatening in nature? Because I've started noticing that many like the friendship without having to worry about if they want to throw them in bed one night and have some sex.

gc

EXACTLY...that is spot on. We go to lunch, shopping, I can talk syle and clothes, and take them to dinner, and all of this as you said, non-threatening....because at the end of the night there is not that awkward time of 'now what' does he want to sleep with me? What does he expect that he will get from me after paying for my dinner? With me it is absolutely nothing. It is a hug and a kiss on the cheek and " I will see you in a couple of days" no anticipated phone call, nothing. And they know that tomorrow if I call and they have a date, there is no drama on my part, because in the end all we have is a friendship. And I love hanging out with women sometimes, it gets old just being with a bunch of qweens all the time.

I agree with bigvalboy's assessment. I'll add/expand to say that women probably like that gay guys have some of the features of both men and women. They're interested in a lot of the same things as women, but also have some guy qualities that the women don't have.

I think gay guys also offer something different and less threatening than their other female friends. Despite women having their trusted gal pals, often there is still a sense of competition between women and their female friends. There is no rational reason, but it happens. I've noticed this with the female boss in my office job, that she gets very bent out of shape over things other women do, and she often comes to me to get a different opinion. Last time something like this happened and there was a flap with one of the other women in the office she told me she knew she should talk to me first before getting upset over something since I'd see things differently.

However, it's not every woman who wants a gay guy friend. There are a few women in my office and at my gym who we are friendly with each other, but there are other women who are not for whatever reason. I know women hate the term "fag hag" but it does tie into the fact that not every woman has or wants to have a gay guy friend. Those that do are the types of gals we want to spend time with too, so it works both ways.

I'd phrase it more precisely: Why do women prefer to converse and hang out with gay men when they're not in the mood to date and mate? In my view, it's because they understand us (and perhaps, we them) than than straight men do. They have no ulterior motives; I can shoot the breeze with a gay men for as long as both of us wants to be there without wondering what's expected of me.

Gay men have never been interested in befriending me though. There could be a million reasons; one is that the gay men I know in NYC are very into fashion and, as a result, are mainly interested in befriending women who carry the latest handbags etc. (In the midwest, there are more gay men who aren't obsessed with that stuff.) In that respect, I do much better with straight men, who can be attracted to me without that stuff.

Archived