Congrats to The St. Louis Cardinals

WilliamM
This topic is 4596 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The 6th game was arguably one of the best in World Series history. So Friday night's win was worthy, but somewhat of a let down. But, Carpenter, Freese, Berkman et al deserve much credit for the Cards' 11th World Series victory...most in the National League. The teams were so evenly matched, I feel badly for Texas.

My congrats to the Cardinals as well. Freese is not only a great ball player, he is tantalizing to watch---physically and personality-wise. Yumm. Derrek Holland, Texas Ranger Pitcher, also caught my eye---and not just because of his pitching skills.

After reading what I wrote---it's interesting to see how some baseball terms have come into our gay-speak---"pitch" "ball-player" "catcher" I'm sure there are lots of others.

Great World Series and a needed shot in the arm for ML Baseball.

Freese is not only a great ball player, he is tantalizing to watch---physically and personality-wise. Yumm. Derrek Holland, Texas Ranger Pitcher, also caught my eye---and not just because of his pitching skills.

Agree completely about Freese and Holland. I watch a lot of National League baseball, so I have been aware of Freese's sex appeal for a while. It will never happen, but I would love to spent a weekend in bed with him. Holland was new to me. I shall be watching more Texas Rangers games next year.

Totally agree. I actually thought the Rangers were the better team going into the series but the Cardinals really stepped up. Based solely on how they played during the series, the right team won.

The rout in the 3rd game was impossible to turn off. The 6th game was absolutely one of the best games I've ever seen.

Freese's story is just fairy tale freaky. A St. Louis native who grew up wanting to play for the Cards ends up being the World Series MVP for the winning Cards. He'd better be careful crossing the street because his luck is due to turn!

Congrats to CARDS!!! As a Braves and Marlins fan it rally hurts to see someone else celebrating BUT if ever there was a team of destiny it was St. Louis this year. Much like the 03 Marlins. Just wondering noiw if Pujols stays with cards after winning series. Also, will Tony L. retire and walk away on top. At 67 with three rings I would retire on top.

will Tony L. retire and walk away on top? At 67 with three rings I would retire on top.

Call me shallow, but I spent the entire series wishing la Russa would hire a decent hair stylist. That's got to be the worst die job in the Greater St. Louis Metro Area.

http://thebostonjam.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/tony-la-russa-talks-on-albert-pujols-negotiation-55896.jpg?w=540&h=360

I was in the stands for Game 6... actually in a party suite, but that is another story for another time!!!! I thought most of us were going to have a heart attack at some point in the game. It may actually turn out to be the game of the Century, according to many of the national sports press who covered the game. So many guys contributed to the victory in both game six and seven, and actually throughout the story book move from being in the dumps to their unbelievable rise to the top. Lots of absences from work on Friday, and it is a good thing the game was Friday night... many fans stayed up the night partying, including many of the players. Freese is a "story book" player... stopped playing baseball in high school, had a year out with ankles that needed surgery, etc. But what a MAN... save your fantasies, fellas... he is straight as an arrow.

Guest verymarried

I'm with Samai on Derrek Holland. I never lost interest when he was pitching. Cute face and very nice butt. About the Cards, is it just me or does it realy matter if Pujols jumps ship? There is so much talent on that team, at times it seemed like it hardly mattered if Pujols was there or not. But maybe they would not have made it to the playoffs without him?

Both teams were deserving of the World Series Championship title. The gap between actually winning and not winning is huge. For example, I submit the following:

Tony La Russa is a guest on Letterman tonight (Monday). David Freese, who has received dozens of marriage proposals from Cardinal fans, will be on Leno tonight.

no ALBERT- no cardinals,(in my opinion) with all due respect to all the young talent. The MARLINS would love to have him and he would be closer to home and in a city full of Latinos. But Albert is like some of these $350 boys on rentboy-slightly overpriced...... Maybe, at his age, they could get a younger guy for half the money who would give two-thirds of his production???who knows?

I doubt Pujols wlll leave the Cardinals. It was a good bargaining ploy to set up in early September when the Cardinals were 10 games behind. With a World Series Championship in the bag, AND being the third player in the history of the game to hit three home runs in a World Series game, the negotiating table changed shape both for the player and for management.

But the biggest thing that works against Pujols on the free agent market is competition. There's another first baseman (Prince Fielder) on the market who is younger and presumably more viable.

I don't see the Marlins ponying up for either. They're not exactly known for the big buys.

The team that seems to have the money lamp lit is the Cubs. They just hired Theo Epstein away from Boston as president of baseball and Jed Hoyer away from San Diego as GM. Both Epstein and Hoyer have said they plan to focus on long-term player development from within their farm system but they do need to produce wins in the short term.

With Tony La Russa's retirement today, all bets are off on Pujols staying with the Cardinals.

That may be true. Will the Cardlinals break their bank to keep him, that is the question. What is his worth, as a long-term deal could certainly get him into the upper reaches of home run records. What is his worth in attendance draw?

One thing with Albert vs. Prince Fielder, although Prince is younger, I certainly think Pujols is a more rounded player. His career batting average is almost 40 points higher than Fielders. I certainly think Pujols will be more of a draw in the money race than Fielder. But I certainly would be willing to suffer with whatever the lesser of the two makes.

Fielder is definitely the less fit of the two. With the exhausting schedule of professional baseball players, i think Fielder will ultimately decide that the AL and DH make the most sense for him. Pujols, might also like the idea of not playing the field, but he is a good glove and would probably be better served in the NL with Wrigley as a home he may hit a legitimate 60 home runs. (non steroid aided.)

Very astute DEEJ. I thought LaRussa would retire and I think he would make a great Commissioner to replace Bud Selig. One thing on the Marlins: NEW BALLPARK ='s alot more REVENUE. My guess is the Cubs too if I had to bet on it. So how many days until pitchers and catchers report?????? p.s. i would take Fielder in a heartbeat too.

That may be true. Will the Cardlinals break their bank to keep him, that is the question. What is his worth, as a long-term deal could certainly get him into the upper reaches of home run records. What is his worth in attendance draw?

Did you see the flash bulbs going off in Busch Stadium during his "last at bat as a Cardinal"? (Actually there were two of them. The Cardinals weren't expected to get back around the order for what turned out to be his *actual* last at bat of the series.)

Pujols has MAJOR draw among Cardinals fans. Not so much elsewhere. Elsewhere he's a curiosity, but in St. Louis he's a major part of a championship team. His place in the baseball hall of fame is assured. But that kind of lustre is only a draw in St. Louis. Everywhere else he'll face "what have you done for us lately?".

Congrats Cardinals!

My favorite part of the St. Louis Cardinals is Ryan Theriot: http://cdn.sportsoverdose.com/thumbs/ryan-theriot-3-mlb.jpg. Whatever makes this hot fucker smile makes me happy and hard!

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/5712/cubscare.jpghttp://farm3.static.flickr.com/2136/2315101932_f8b869f454.jpg

http://ology.com/sites/default/files/theriot.jpg

Archived