Hey, this could be another one for one of your galleries, guys

Decatur Guy
This topic is 4674 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Reminds me of every winter storm that passes through Southern California. News organizations start talking about STORM WATCH. Solemn weathermen holding umbrellas report somberly from the beach. In the background, there's invariably a gaggle of surfers excited about the big waves, jumping up and down and carrying on.

It would be less funny if there was ever an actual storm. I grew up in the Midwest. I know from storms. Three days of drizzle isn't a storm. :cool:

Three days of drizzle isn't a storm. :cool:

I thought it was in LA. :)

But reminds me of the late, great David Niven, who when someone streaked during the Oscars while he was presenting an award, turned to the audience and opined “The only laugh that man will ever get in his life is by stripping ... and showing his shortcomings.”

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040223/040223_hmed_niven_8p.grid-6x2.jpg

My guess? they were kids from Pat Robertson's university.

Lee,

Thanks for the memory of David Niven at the Oscars. I remember watching that program and almost dying of laughter. Thanks too, Decatur Guy for this post. I had not seen that particular episode... and also congrats are in order for your becoming a Lord of this realm.

DD

Lee,

Thanks for the memory of David Niven at the Oscars. I remember watching that program and almost dying of laughter. Thanks too, Decatur Guy for this post. I had not seen that particular episode... and also congrats are in order for your becoming a Lord of this realm.

DD

I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it! Thanks!

Archived