Amy Winehouse A total mess

josephga
This topic is 4695 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Guest ChgoBoy

I have no compassion for repeat drug addict failures, entertainers that keep letting their concert-goers down, drug possessors, it goes on and on...

glutes must worship at the altar of Fred Phelps.

A human being has passed away here who gave to many some of the best music & times of their lives - albeit while flawed with one of the many imperfections of life we all carry.

What a sickening and repulsive thing to do.

Lohan, are you paying attention?

Thank you ChgoBoyNOTbn.

A human being has passed away here who gave to many some of the best music & times of their lives - albeit while flawed with one of the many imperfections of life we all carry.

George Carlin says it best, "You (we) are all diseased"

http://imagethumbnails.milo.com/004/956/704/290/4956012_7839704_290.jpg

Gotta agree with Glutes. It's one thing to be an a-hole on our own dime and time. But to screw over fans who paid big money for a ticket to see you, because your self-entertainment was more important, than takes being a Queen of A-holes.

It's one thing to be an a-hole on our own dime and time. But to screw over fans who paid big money for a ticket to see you

Wow, you two are really compassionate. How much money did you lose exactly, Unicorn? She won't ever let you down again.

I don't know much about her music and as far as I know "Rehab" is her only song that I've ever heard. But I still find her untimely passing incredibly sad. This is the news every parent dreads receiving...may her family somehow be comforted on this darkest of days for them.

Goodfella

Wow, you two are really compassionate. How much money did you lose exactly, Unicorn? She won't ever let you down again.

None, thank God. I hope to have the wisdom to avoid people like that. People offered to help her, and she said "No, no, no." Everything that happened to her was entirely of her own doing despite having both the social support and means to do otherwise. I have lots of compassion for people who find themselves in bad circumstances through no fault of their own. The biggest percentage of my charity-giving goes towards disaster relief and programs to combat world poverty and hunger. I have absolutely not a molecule of compassion for people like her, with a world of options and funds, who just choose to self-indulge and say "screw you" to everyone else (even their fans and friends). So I'm not sad to see her "go, go, go."

Guest ChgoBoy
I have absolutely not a molecule of compassion for people like her, with a world of options and funds, who just choose to self-indulge and say "screw you" to everyone else (even their fans and friends). So I'm not sad to see her "go, go, go."

You and glutes, the thread's two moral superiorites don't even have a cause of death yet - still, you gloat your superiority and wage your campaign of apathy against her without a single fact about this person's death.

That speaks volumes about you both.

I wonder, if and when the death report comes back indicating that no drugs were found in Amy's system - If glutes and unicorn will tell us that she deserved to die anyway. You know, because people had to request refunds for missed concert dates while she struggled with her addiction.

Compassion (from Latin: "co-suffering") is a virtue — one in which the emotional capacities of empathy and sympathy (for the suffering of others) are regarded as a part of love itself, and a cornerstone of greater social interconnection and humanism — foundational to the highest principles in philosophy, society, and personhood.

I see where you are using The Captain's favorite word for me ChgoBoyNOTbn, gloat.

You tell KMEM-TV that I have no compassion for this addict that walked out of rehab, she couldn't even help herself.

The world has lost a very talented musician in Amy Winehouse. Yes she was an addict and her own actions likely caused her death (still to be proven). She obviously had lots of inner demons and seems not to have been able to control them......then again we are all flawed in one way or another. At least I know I am.

I, too, saw it coming as many of us did. However I am still sad about her passing.

glutes is not 'happy' over Winehouse passing.

This is such a loss.

I can't imagine someone being 'happy' about anyone's passing for that matter.

Rest in peace.

Steven Draker ~

Who said someone was 'happy' over the Winehouse death?

Someone alledged I had no compassion for her addiction / disease, and I still don't...

The sordid details of Amy Winehouse's final hours emerged today, with claims that she bought a cocktail of narcotics including cocaine, ecstasy and ketamine.

Although the exact cause of death has not yet been released by police, it is claimed she was seen buying drugs from a dealer in Camden just after 10:30pm on Friday.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2018126/Amy-Winehouse-bought-ecstasy-cocaine-ketamine-tragic-death.html#ixzz1T5GjSjRF

You and glutes, the thread's two moral superiorites don't even have a cause of death yet - still, you gloat your superiority and wage your campaign of apathy against her without a single fact about this person's death.

That speaks volumes about you both.

I wonder, if and when the death report comes back indicating that no drugs were found in Amy's system - If glutes and unicorn will tell us that she deserved to die anyway. You know, because people had to request refunds for missed concert dates while she struggled with her addiction.

I never said she deserved to die. What I said was that I have no empathy for her, and that her death was of her own doing. What I will say is that if the "death report" shows no drugs in her system, that I will be very surprised. And if turns out that her drug use didn't lead to her death, I will be incredulous. Of course, sometimes politically motivated death certificates are just plain incorrect. What was up with Jim Morrison's death certificate listing "heart failure" as the cause of death (with no autopsy, no less)? But regardless of what the death certificate or coroner's report says, it won't change my basic opinion of her, which was poor before and after her death. She was a woman of means who just liked to do whatever she wanted, living in a world seemingly (to her) without consequences.

Archived