Fort Lauderdale Report

Jake
This topic is 4757 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Spent about a week. I normally do a long drawn out play by play, but honestly, nothing was terribly inspiring this trip to warrant a long post.

I'll just say that Boardwalk was better than usual... Johnny's was good. I split my time evenly between the two. Dudes... I don't even bother anymore. And I can report (don't think I ever saw anyone do so) that Oz/Cosmos is definitely done... even on weekends. I drove by a couple times and when I saw "Happy Holidays" on the marquee, that said it all.

Boardwalk gets a B+ for the trip. As always, there's the annoying mullet guy. But generally the dancers on this trip were more appealing. No mind-blowing hot guys, but a good mix of A&F'ers, a couple twinks and the usual gym rats. Very much love their $2 wells night. Amateur contest is always fun.

Johnny's was a B. It's still my preferred club since there are more of the my-type guys. But maybe I've just gone too many times over the past couple years... I just got bored with it. The guys aren't presented in a larger than life way. They just wander around half interested in doing any work. I don't like to flag someone down if I'm interested. If I tip you on stage, or smile when you walk by, take the hint. And likewise, if you approach and I fiddle with my phone, ditto. My biggest complaint is that the dancers all congregate around the drag queen and chit chat.

I had a really great time at Oz/Cosmos last trip so I was really bummed to see it has disappeared. And after too many duds at Dudes trip after trip, I didn't even bother heading over there.

I think I'm due for some Montreal fun to break the monotony!

Yes thanks for the report Jake. I have not been to the FTL clubs for well over a year......even though I am in Miami 4-6 times a year. I too found all the stripbars in FTL uninspiring. Johnny's has never been my sort of place. Even though, I would occassionally go and then remember it was too loud, too smokefilled, and didn't have my sort of guys. Boardwalk was hit and miss....and I found at least half the dancers way too aggressive pushing for tips. Same guys would come around every 5 minutes wanting tips. There were some decent guys at boardwalk sometimes but it varied tremendously. I actually preferred Boardwalk at the old location when more than half the dancers were Brazilian (yeah more than 10 years ago I know!) Now when I am in South Florida, I pretty much just go to Twist in Miami. Also smoke-filled, but at least usually some decent masculine guys. They know me pretty well now so I don't really get bothered by dancers I am not interested in. Also, they don't play the music too loud like at Johnny's.

Lauderdale cannot support three strip clubs, let alone 4 (I note from your report that cozmos is closed now). I suspect the most that city can support is 2 clubs. Don't know how Dudes has hung on all these years. I wonder if they even have dancers anymore.

Once one has had the taste of Montreal, Brazil, Swinging Richard (where I have not been yet), it is hard to get exciting about clubs in other cities where they don't take everything off, don't have private dance areas, etc. Too bad the currency is working against us right now for Canada and Brazil!!

Cozmos

According to an ad in Hotspots Cozmos is reopening on Memorial Day Weekend:

http://www.hotspotsmagazine.com/images/stories/v26/v26i19/v2619_039.jpg

I am in Fort Lauderdale currently and I will post my experiences after my trip is over but met a nice cuban dancer "William" at Johnny's. Not a twink, more of a college muscular guy. Doesn't speak much English but trust me he doesn't have to say much! :)

Stripfan

Good to hear feedback from Ft. Lauderdale - the good, the bad & the ugly.

On the good side, does anyone know if Ernesto is still working at Boardwalk ? He's a muscular, soft-spoken guy from Uruguay - used to work weekends at Boardwalk.

Good to hear feedback from Ft. Lauderdale - the good, the bad & the ugly.

On the good side, does anyone know if Ernesto is still working at Boardwalk ? He's a muscular, soft-spoken guy from Uruguay - used to work weekends at Boardwalk.

Uruguayan. MMMMMMMM.

Archived