Told You So!!!

Guest BrandonWilliams
This topic is 2098 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I know this is only one commercial, but it is for the Super Bowl. Dont want to make any huge generalizations but what has a better chance of changing public perception in life a Doritos commercial, Glee, Modern Family or Elton John, British Citizen, making a huge public spectacle and telling everyone they are hateful people in California.

I know this is only one commercial, but it is for the Super Bowl. Dont want to make any huge generalizations but what has a better chance of changing public perception in life a Doritos commercial, Glee, Modern Family or Elton John, British Citizen, making a huge public spectacle and telling everyone they are hateful people in California.

I missed whatever 'public spectacle' you're referring to but while it's funny, I don't think the Doritos commercial does anything to advance acceptance of gays. For some people, I think it reinforces stereotypes.

Edited by seeker630

God help us all, potato chips are going to re-weave the social fabric of this country....

Guest greatness

So true and I don't see any sun screen nearby.. What a shame..

The real irony is that health conscious gay men, with lean physiques like those depicted in the ad, would desecrate their bodies by eating lots of Doritos!!

Well I just think companies realize that money from gay people is the same as money from everyone. What brought Barack more to the public Martin Luther King or Bill Cosby and Oprah. TV despite some terrible lapses in judgement still is the media to play a cause from the back door. We would all like to think humanity will bring us justice, ahh if TV gets me there quicker and same result who cares. Lay the path with sweet and salty treats same difference, lets just get there. Bill Cosby and Oprah were watched by more white people than black. We may not like stero types but as we go down the path life is give and take.

Anyway enough soap box they are funny commercials.

Well I just think companies realize that money from gay people is the same as money from everyone. What brought Barack more to the public Martin Luther King or Bill Cosby and Oprah. TV despite some terrible lapses in judgement still is the media to play a cause from the back door. We would all like to think humanity will bring us justice, ahh if TV gets me there quicker and same result who cares. Lay the path with sweet and salty treats same difference, lets just get there. Bill Cosby and Oprah were watched by more white people than black. We may not like stero types but as we go down the path life is give and take.

Anyway enough soap box they are funny commercials.

Bart, actually I agree with you. I think that the more that gays become 'commonplace', the better. A lot of intolerance is based on ignorance & fear of the unknown. Popular media exposure counteracts that.

And we all know people who match some of the stereotypes - nothing wrong with that. What we want & need is acceptance of the full range of gays.

(and yes, they ARE funny commercials! :)

Edited by seeker630

It's too bad people got so bent out of shape over these Doritos ads. People need to get a sense of humor and quit wasting time being offended by every little thing. I thought the commercials were funny. Lets move on and focus on things of more importance. You can waste your life being offended or you can enjoy life.

...A lot of intolerance is based on ignorance & fear of the unknown. Popular media exposure counteracts that. And we all know people who match some of the stereotypes - nothing wrong with that. What we want & need is acceptance of the full range of gays...

So very true. I agree that people need to lighten up and be able to laugh at themselves! To be gay and say you don't know guys like that would be a lie.

Goodfella69

• 7 years later...