Vick ain't no dick (NFL)

glutes
This topic is 4911 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest verymarried

I did not get to see much of the game but I was pulling for the Giants. Eli has been one of my favorite quarterbacks plus he's pretty easy on the eyes. Speaking of gdlkng quarterbacks, Tom Brady just gets better and better.

Michael Vick is indeed heading for greater glory on the gridiron. I think some of this is due to his athleticism, but I am also impressed by his decision to get in touch with retired Colts coach, Tony Dungy. I'm thinking this tremendous man, Dungy, might be a huge contributor to Mr. Vick's mindset and reclaiming of his career.

Too bad those poor dogs can't do the same. :(

Right on. No matter how Vick plays, he'll still be a thug in my eyes. What he did to defenseless animals in the name of money is despicable. Once again glutes, you prove your hippocracy knows no bounds and that tact might be something you ask for on this year's hooville xmas list.

Too bad those poor dogs can't do the same. :(
Yup. That's a horrible thing he did.

Right on. No matter how Vick plays, he'll still be a thug in my eyes. What he did to defenseless animals in the name of money is despicable. Once again glutes, you prove your hippocracy knows no bounds and that tact might be something you ask for on this year's hooville xmas list.
Yup Michael's been a thug who behaved despicably. Glutes is probably a hypocrite, I haven't seen his ass so I can't speak to his hippocracy, though. Maybe that's why he calls himself Glutes?

as a animal lover I wouldn't piss on that man if his ass was on fire
Back home in Alabama, the only time we piss on a fire is when the trailer/home owner buys the beer.

I ain't forgiven him. I'm just impressed that he's working to redeem himself. How long does he have to be an upstanding citizen before you forgive his past bad behavior? I dunno. But I think he's going in the proper direction. At least until I hear he's done something else. I can forgive and forget, with time and hearing of his efforts to surround himself with good folks like the Eagles organization and Tony Dungy speaks well for his rehabilitation.

If it had been children instead of dogs, would you ask the same question?

If it had been children, he would be on death row. But I ain't gonna carry a grudge for the rest of either of our lives.

Justice requires punishment. He was judged and punished. I'm not going to continue meteing out punishment against the man.

I guess some of it comes down to if you believe in rehabilitation and/or redemption. Trust me, the part of Hampton Roads he grew up in was no country club. I only hope that Coach Dungy can talk Michael's brother Marcus under his wing too and help him because he was fated for problems from the beginning. He was quite talented. But not at Michael's level. Baby-brother syndrome was not kind to Marcus.

I have a hard time forgiving Michael, but I do believe in forgiveness and rehabilitiation. The court and penal system has determined that he has paid his debt to society. And if Tony Dungy is willing to stand by Michael, I will certainly listen because of the enormous respect I and, by all reports, everyone in the football world have for Coach Dungy.

Guest Wetnwildbear

Football vs. Pet-rocide

I agree he is an incredible quarterback... I just hope he has his life straightened out now and can move on.

Being in Philly, I am absolutely nauseous at the attitide of my fellow Philadelphians and my local CBS TV Station.

CBS Channel 3 asked in a recent poll - (Paraphrasing)

Does Michael Vicks' winning performance on the field change your opinion of

him in light of his past convictions for animal cruelty?

And many people are saying in essence YES - Winning football games - Makes it OKAY to Kill and Torture animals.

Even if Vick were to be the greatest quarterback in the history of the world - he is also a dangerous, deviant with no

conscience, and is most likely a sociopath - Animal Cruelty is one of the Common Traits the FBI attributes to

the vast majority of serial-killers.

Once he is making 7 figures again and off probation, I'm pretty sure that he will be back in some kind of trouble with

the law - maybe the next time - it will be someone's wife, sister or daughter that is Vicks' victim.

(Vick) is also a dangerous, deviant with no

conscience, and is most likely a sociopath - Animal Cruelty is one of the Common Traits the FBI attributes to

the vast majority of serial-killers.

Maybe more accurately stated, it's not uncommon for serial killers to have a history of cruelty to animals (not all do). But you cannot reverse the proposition: most people with a history of cruelty to animals are not sociopaths nor do they go on to murder/rape women.

No matter how BN lies in the sling (avec dirty dildo), is he still a serial plagiarist in your eyes? Where is the hypocrisy jimboiNOTbn?

http://www.canpages.ca/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/pit-bull1.jpg

No matter how BN lies in the sling (avec dirty dildo), is he still a serial plagiarist in your eyes? Where is the hypocrisy jimboiNOTbn?

You're comparing his plagiarism with what Vick did? Are you a complete idiot or just obviously desperate in your attempt to continue your vindictive and obsessive behavior? You have so little clue as to what the truth is on anything you spit out that it's almost funny.

I have no reason to justify anything to you. Ben's a great guy, I defend that. You know nothing of BN other than what you've been told or fabricated.

Maybe more accurately stated, it's not uncommon for serial killers to have a history of cruelty to animals (not all do). But you cannot reverse the proposition: most people with a history of cruelty to animals are not sociopaths nor do they go on to murder/rape women.

Exactly correct, Ms. Guy. First of all those FBI common traits are controversial in and of themselves. But as despicable as what he did was, he has paid his debt to scoeity as required by both the legal and penal system and he is entitled to make a living. Unless those who are so adamentaly opposed to him would prefer we implement the death peanlty for his offense, retroactively.

He is under the guidance of one of the great men in NFL history -- Tony Dungy. There is not a player who has ever played for him who does think this man doesn't walk on water on command. His moral compass and ethical point of view is without peer among anyone -- sports or otherwise. He was one of the few who came out and smacked the daylights out of Rex Ryan for all the language in that HBO show. He doesn't yell, cuss, drink, carouse, demean his players, or do anything that would do anything except that which would bring pride to anyone associated with him. If this man believes he can be rehabilitated, then I'm going to believe it. Coach Dungy is not going to be willing to see his reputation thrown down the toilet if he did not think Michael Vick could be salvaged.

Are there certain crimes that can never been redeemed, certain acts so heinous that the person is beyond hope of reclamation? Can people see the mistakes in their life and try to atone for and fix them? The culture of that part of Hampton Roads is rife with the culture of dog fighting. Unless you live in that part of the country, you do not have an appreciation for how common place it is, unfortunately. It is not something Vick created on his own out of whole cloth. He was raised in that setting. I'm not condoning it for one second. But you don't live down here in Jeff Foxworthy country. And in an urban center such as Hampton Roads, it is, unfortunately, not an uncommon occurrence.

So condemn the act. Condemn that he was criminally guilty of horrible crimes against dogs (although I have yet to meet a pit bull I would EVER call defenseless). But from my point of view, except in the rarest of cases, we should give someone the chance to redeem themselves. And if he has a guide such as Coach Dungy, and he is, by all accounts, behaving as a responsible citizen now, I am not willing to sentence him to death because of his first offense, regardless of how horrible and cruel that offense is.

Maybe I believe people can change, and reverse the course of their life. Others are not as forgiving and have less faith in the power of redemption. That is fine and a perfectly valid point of view. But we as a country have always prided ourselves on being willing to give someone second, third and fourth chances. Is he the only one we won't give that opportunity to?

Or can people never change and grow?

private planes / passports / prostitutes vs. pigskin

I have no reason to justify anything to you. Ben's a great guy, I defend that. You know nothing of BN other than what you've been told or fabricated.

If you want to fly a prostitute on private aircraft with his multiple passports, go for it.

I would rather watch some good pigskin, and that is the intent of this post.

Guest roadhoundnyc

Every time this evil fuck is mentioned anywhere, I can only think of him swinging a dog around by it's leash and slamming it into the ground because it lost a fight. I don't care how well he throws a fucking football, I'd like to swing him around by a leash and slam him into the ground.

Guest countryboywny

Well written, Lee. Thanks for giving some insight.. to look deeper than the headlines and trash talk. ...and I'll touch your keyboard anytime! :D

Archived