Friday Funnies

jackhammer91406

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never read the entire book. I used to read parts of it around 1973-1974 when I would go to my local Waldenbooks.

You too! :p In exactly the same time frame I used our local B. Dalton's the very same way. While mama shopped I would pass the time in there. Certain I consumed at least as many pages in store as I ended up buying from them.

Conversely I was disappointed but not surprised to see, earlier this year, that a little United Church of Christ congregation out in the NC sticks that my mother's forebears had attended just disaffiliated from the UCC itself because of the denomination's liberalism.

UCC is about as liberal as a denomination gets while remaining theistic and nominally Christian. (Great emphasis on social gospel, almost none on personal salvation. Also, they are the progressive wing of what used to be known as the Congregationalist church, aka the Puritans.) That puts them just to the right of Unitarian Universalists. In fact, UUA and UCC collaborated on a progressive sex ed curriculum that does not advocate abstinence and doesn't demonize same-sex attraction. I know someone from a UUA congregation who's used it, teaching such things as how to put on a condom and consent.

Changing the topic...

Yankees are like hemorrhoids,

If they come down and go back up, they're not so bad;

If they come down and stay down, they're a pain in the ass.

And the great punch line:

"But yours weren't wrapped around the axle!"

:eek:

Edited by AdamSmith