Friday Funnies

jackhammer91406

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's blatantly racist. I'm certainly not Mr. PC by any means, but Popeye's has been primarily marketed by and to the African-American community, and the stereotype of the Popeye's customer is of an African American (though I would personally much rather spend my money at Popeye's than Chick-fil-A). Chick-fil-A brags about its "Christian" values, its financial donations to conservative causes, and the fact that it won't open on Sundays because the Lord said it's a day for rest. Where is the joke otherwise? That being said, one of my nurses at work gives me coupons for free food there (Chick-Fil-A). I've never spend a dime there, though I've tried a lot of their food. I wouldn't buy it, but I'll eat it if it's free. I don't understand why it's so popular. I've seen cars backing down the road 25 cars deep behind the drive-through. Fortunately the street has two lanes.

popeyes.png?w=980&q=75

You Americans are truly obsessed with race.

Nihilistic Password Security Questions

A selection...

In what year did you abandon your dreams?

At what age did your childhood pet run away?

In what city did you first experience ennui?

What is the name of your favorite canceled TV show?

What was the middle name of your first rebound?

On what street did you lose your childlike sense of wonder?

When did you stop trying?

I hate to have to admit it, but I don't get this one. Someone care to explain this for me? :rolleyes:

It’s the juxtaposition of provocative, titillating overtones against the backdrop of seemingly dignified, proper, unsexy, perhaps even chaste “ladies” and settings — all through the instrument of increasingly formal, hoary (pun intended) vernacular with a soupçon of absurdly-placed scientific jargon, to boot.